Thread: Does the crying go away?

Does the crying go away?

Do I need to even explain? I don't mind it, it makes me feel alive I could never cry before. But sometimes out in public it can be hard...

So this is what it's like to have emotions!
    [COLOR="#800080"]Visit my *NEW site with pictures and not much (it's still new, lots to come) more!

It is wonderful!

Did not always but I even cry in male mode now! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Here's the thing. Once hormones start to release the woman in you, they don't respect what style of clothing you are wearing.

And yes, it is a wonderful release.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Crying is a gift from HRT. The gift that keeps giving! I never want it to go away.

This is another good thread.
    I've been experience that special sensitivity last months but yesterday night t
    Just thinking on my first night in HRT I cry a bit. Peaceful tears from eyes while thinking on where I'd been all my life and where I want to go...
    They were actually tears of happiness...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

That is something I am actually looking forward too... I remember as a kid crying so hard that you fall asleep, haven's been able to cry for over 35 years as far as I can remember.

How fast after starting hormones did it come on for you girls?

Banned Read only
    Lexi,
    I feel our emotions become more open with being TG anyway, I would never get a lump in my throat at one time watching a sensitive film but I was almost in tears at the end of the Danish girl .

Quote Originally Posted by Lisalove1976 View Post
    That is something I am actually looking forward too... I remember as a kid crying so hard that you fall asleep, haven's been able to cry for over 35 years as far as I can remember.

How fast after starting hormones did it come on for you girls?
    About a week. Is more controllable now cry for both good and sad movies. After the crying stage comes: I'm going to dress like a girl where ever I go now and don't care what people think about it. Beside complements(got one 2 minutes after getting out of the car today) nobody seems to care. To think I used to get so nervous about it.
    [COLOR="#800080"]Visit my *NEW site with pictures and not much (it's still new, lots to come) more!

Aspiring Member
    The tears have always been there for me, the silent ones especially when i wake during the night.
    Needing to be the Real Me.

the other side of this coin is that laughter is deeper, longer, greater. I just watched "white chicks" again last night, and while before i found it really funny, last night i was belly-laughing out very loud and bringing tears to my eyes. I have to say, it is more, and thus better - pain and all.

xxx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Yes it goes away!!! Dont worry !!
    I am real

Personally, I did not experience more crying as a result of HRT. It's probably because even in my old life as a man, I allowed myself to cry whenever I felt like it. If I felt sad, I cried openly without shame. Every time I watched a sad movie, I would need tissues to wipe away my tears, lol. My friends always thought I was a very sensitive guy! I was the kind of guy who enjoyed going to the movies to watch romantic comedy films with my female friends. My father was frequently frustrated at my inability to 'act like a man'. He always told me to man up, but I never listened. All my life I refused to follow societal expectations for stereotypical male gender roles, and I expressed my emotions freely.

So I wonder how much of the additional crying people experience from HRT is actually because of the HRT, and how much is due to finally giving ourselves permission to freely express emotions. I don't know if there is any scientific evidence of additional crying from HRT. I do remember though that when I started HRT, the lengthy information packet that my doctor gave me contained all kinds of information about potential changes and side effects. But they were all physical effects. There was nothing in the literature that talked about any expected emotional or mental changes.

I never felt bad about crying prior to transition..

i didnt do it alot...but as my marraige was failing and i started to face this all down, i cried quite alot...
    i never really thought about...i guess my point is i never remember holding back tears...i cried at movies my whole life..

but i had no experience with the tidal wave torrent of hurricane tornado cyclone explosion nuclear earthquake emotions that would befall me once the HRT really got going...
    explosive laughter and crying for no apparent reason...and god forbid if while sobbing i actually thought about something sad (or funny)

it lasted for a while and then it just all came back to normal..

im a survey size of 1 of course..but im totally certain that hormones impacted me emotionally.
    I am real

Myria, you fascinate me. I don't know why. Maybe its because you have so much "balls"(really bad words but irony is funny to me) to be you.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 05-04-2018 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Next time you quote a whole post then don't refer to it, you will get an infraction

I always teared up easily. By conditioning, I always tried to stop it and felt ashamed (everyone knows that men don't cry). Emotionally charged settings (good and bad) turned the tears on. It took me a long time to allow myself to be myself emotionally, and screw what others think.

Ah-May-Lee
    Nope I don't cry anymore. I don't have any tears left to cry.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Hmmm, it seems that yet again my experiences fall outside of what most of you seem to experience. While hormones have made a huge difference to my psychological well being they certainly did not send me on any kind of an emotional roller coaster at all. I was expecting one when I first started HRT - but got nothing. As for crying. My whole life I have avoided sappy movies because they would always make me cry and hence embarrassed. They still make me cry and I'm still embarrassed - especially when sitting there with my wife and daughter not even getting their eyes misty. But as for suddenly experiencing this wealth of new and deeper emotions, I am not.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I don't suddenly find Niagara Falls on my face, but I do cry more easily at happy or sad things for example news of people or animals suffering unnecessarily.

One of my close friends pokes fun at me about it because she does not cry quite so easily.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I tend to think it's a case of reaching a place where you give yourself permission to express these things. I cry more easily now, I laugh more easily, I joke, I dance, I reach out to strangers, I commiserate with the sad and rejoice with the happy. I had always had those feelings in me but was afraid if I expressed them they'd destroy my carefully crafted male disguise. Now that I'm not wearing the disguise anymore, allowing myself to feel/act in ways that are authentic to me only underscore who I am. Hormone therapy was important to me casting off the disguise but I think the emotions were always there.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Pat, what you say really speaks to me as well. Especially about always having had those feelings but afraid to express them because you might be found out, your male disguise might get compromised.

Crying, in and as of itself, is not really my issue. I seem to cry, be happy, feel good, enjoy things more, all of these emotions. As a girl, I look at things differently, like my emotions. They seem stronger and deeper now. I am losing anger, for instance. I have a lot more caring and love, though. What is happening to me? But, I really do like this feeling. I seem to want to love all kinds of people, now. I guess I am really becoming Roxanne. I hope you understand all of this!

?Wow that sounds wonderful Roxanne... I hope I start getting those feelings also... I already love people but there is never too much love to go around

Silver Member
    As with so many things related to taking hormones, you reach a new normal eventually. But for me, the worst crying, quite literally for hours at times, came at the start of therapy. A lifetime’s worth of pent-up emotion released, I guess. But my God!

My emotions are close to the surface now. I was temped to say “more volatile,” but that isn’t exactly right, as I was titanically reactive and volatile pre-HRT. That’s gone, replaced by a more normal - and faster - emotional expression with normal levels of restraint when appropriate.

“Does it ever stop” can suggest some discomfort with the emotionalism. That can be OK because it’s a new way to be and just needs to become familiar, or a warning sign some exhibit when HRT is not for them.

Be mindful that a more expressive emotionalism includes negative emotions, too. I’ll take it over the way things were, though ... I’ll take a normal, transitory sadness over suicidal depression any day.
    Lea