Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you wear men's shorts?

do you wear men's shorts?

hello all,
    do you wear men's short trousers?
    this may seem to be a strange question for crossdressers, but please let me explain. I was wondering why I don't wear skirts or women's shorts out of the house. Was it because I prefer to remain in the closet and don't have the courage? Eventually I had the thought that I don't wear men's shorts in public - could that be the real answer to my questions - I don't bare my legs in public ever!
    luv J
    p.s. sorry if I confused people outside the UK where "shorts" might be the name for underwear
    Last edited by jacques; 04-30-2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: confusion with American English perhaps

I will wear shorts for the next six months. Some are men's, some are women's that look like men's and others are pure woman.
    Last edited by Tracy Irving; 04-30-2018 at 11:29 PM. Reason: spelling

As I'm closeted, I generally don't leave the house wearing ANY type of female attire, jewelry, make up, well nothing. Occasionally I will just strip down to female underwear and put on male over clothes to take the garbage out or answer the door for the delivery man, but that's about it. I just change back as soon as I come back in.

If you mean do I wear women's panties normally when I go out dressed as a male, no. I wear men's briefs.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    Tracy, it would be best to pee before putting on any shorts.

I do wear shorts a lot in the summer and sense I'm not out they are men's but usually my panties are the undies. If I'm at the lake or lake cabin fishing it's always shorts.

Banned Read only
    I wear men's shorts outside the house whenever the temperature gets over 50 F. I have peripheral neuropathy and do not feel the cold on my legs at all. Drives my wife crazy when we're at the beach and it gets cooler.

I haven't worn shorts since my final PE class in 1997.

They just don't suit me. Plus I don't want people knowing I shave my legs.

I'll switch between both - men's bermuda shorts and ladies running shorts. Really just depends on the mood, weather and activity.

I don't wear shorts at all, not men's not women's!
    I have skinny WHITE legs and I don't feel comfortable wearing shorts in public.

I wear shorts all the time and where I live this is possible. And I keep my body shaved. I do not and will not wear skirts, etc. unless I am going out fully dresed as Alice. For most in my life, except family Alice does not exist.

I only wear them while exercising if my girl ones are dirty. Don’t wear shorts in public at all in guy mode. Less having to do with bearing the legs and more to do with the fact that when I grew up, short pants were for children and long pants were “grown up”. To this day when I see grown men in shorts I half expect to see a giant lolly in their hand.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have't worn shorts since I was at school back in the 70s, never liked them. Even when dressed I never go bare legged, though I have some very sheer tights.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Hello J

I do wear men’s shorts out as soon as the temp is above 60. I don’t where women’s shorts out much. I find the cut all
    Wrong. Either they’re way to short or just not a style I like. If I ever found some that fit my style I would. WHAT I do wear out of the house quite often are capris. Love’m. Occasionally I’ll wear a skirt with whatever. I guess I tend to wear whatever I feel the weather and place call for.

Cheers
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

i wear mens shorts and womens shorts. i have super short shorts and spandex shorts. i don't wear spandex short out unless it's a friend date or whatever, but usually for a walk in the park, i also have capri running pants, and a lot of long and short spandex shorts. just i don't tuck so i don't wear them out. plus i know on the outside i look a little square up top so it's kind of weird. i've wore skirts to clubs, and dresses out. i can pull off a goodwill shopping or gas station fill up. everywhere else (not downtown areas where anything goes) people freak out, women always laugh - that's a good thread topic let me tell you! - but i don't feel comfortable in a skirt to my knees, only mini. not sure why. when my legs aren't smooth i wear thigh high socks and tiny shorts or a skirt out.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I live near the coast in SoCal. Can only wear shorts during our heat waves. (Mostly Fall and Winter). Get's chilly late afternoon. Even in Summer!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wear gym (running) shorts around the house and running errands around town. I rarely wear shorts if I'm going out anywhere, though. Almost always jeans or slacks.

Banned Read only
    I wear both men's and women's shorts. I have a couple pairs of Levi's and Old Navy shorts that are woman's. I will even buy woman's jeans and cut them off into shorts.

I also have men's cargo shorts, and some convertible men's pants with zip off legs I wear too.

When in drab, I wear shorts almost exclusively from May to October. I started shaving my legs last spring with no repercussions. Before I retired I could even wear them to work. The corporate policy was that we could wear shorts if the temperature was above 85 degrees fahrenheit (29C). Our branch manager , who was a shorts person, interpreted that as "memorial day to labor day".
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I wear shorts whenever the weather hits 70. I rarely wear long pants from late Spring to mid Fall. My legs have been hairless for decades. Some people have commented on that but it soon is dropped and never has continued to be of interest.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Love wearing my ladies shorts in summer, I love the style and that they are a few inches shorter than mens styles.
    Never got into the longer men’s style shorts. I like showing my shaved legs

I have a pair of men's shorts. BUT my SO does not like them. So I only wear women's shorts. they look far better.
    Part Time Girl

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Leigh View Post
    Love wearing my ladies shorts in summer, I love the style and that they are a few inches shorter than mens styles.
    Never got into the longer men’s style shorts. I like showing my shaved legs
    Ditto this.

While I still don't like how hot it can be here in the summer (triple digits is common), I love summer and wearing fewer clothes.
    I think I still have some men's shorts somewhere, but haven't worn them much. When I do wear them, it's prolly for mowing the lawn or some pursuit, that would cause undo wear and tear on my good clothes.

The difference in the manufacturing says it all, anything men's is usually constructed heavier.

Not to mention the ridiculous length all men's summer wear has been for the past decade. Which makes me laugh a lot........look around, notice how often you'll see dudes wearing 'shorts' that are the same length as ladies capri pants.

At any rate, I currently own 3 pairs of ladies denim shorts (all cut to mid thigh) and 5 pair of ladies khaki's (most are mid-thigh, but a couple pair are even shorter), in various colors and styles.

Cass
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 04-30-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Silver Member
    I own several pairs of women's shorts. Have worn women's for years. Had a gg friend of the family come by one day years ago and she seamed very nervous. I didn't expect anyone and she showed up out of the blue. She was friends of one of the girls. While talking to the daughter she said she had stoped by and I wore my boxers around the house and she didn't feel comfortable. My daughter said he doesn't wear boxers. What did they look like? She said they were white and looked like boxer shorts. My daughter laughed and told her they were a shorts not boxers. The funny part of it was that if she had looked she would have seen my white panties under them. My panties weren't obvious, but white under white does show.

I do have some men's shorts that I haven't worn in years. I usually wear women's golf shorts which is what most of the women wear around the course.

I've never been a shorts fan, either men's or women's. In boy mode, I'm in long trousers year round. They can get a little warm in the summer sun, but I'm still more comfortable in them than with my legs bare. It also avoids having to explain the very feminine tattoos that cover my legs, but those came later - I never exposed them even before the ink.

- Diane

I always had a hard time finding men's shorts that were short enough for my taste. I recently started buying ladies shorts which are lighter and much shorter. Much better for the warm Florida summer weather. I keep a few pair of men's for doing chores around the house to save my nice and cool comfy ones!