Thread: Rare forum poster with an update

Rare forum poster with an update

So, I've been a member here for a long time and have been a very rare poster. I mostly read and use the forum to gain new perspectives on my crossdressing.

Over the last couple years I have had some health issues, I developed Inflammatory Bowel Disease in late 2015, got that initially under control, then had a serious flare that took months to control, ended up in the hospital with some stroke type symptoms (I am ok, I did not have an actual stroke and have no lasting issues at all) and got a diagnosis for type II diabetes. I then had a serious bowel infection that has taken over a year to get close to back to normal, and had shingles on top of all that.

With all of that I have had fairly limited interest in much dressing, however, today for the first time in over 6 months I have a chance to be dressed and I realize how much I have missed it. I have a great 60s styled dress on and am having a great day. Unforutnaately, I don't have really anyone to share this with. My wife and I are mostly DADT with the dressing, she knows I dress, and typically when, but she has no interest past that.

So Thanks for opportunity to share!

Blue_melody

So glad you got a chance to dress again. The desire never really goes away but life events can suppress it. The heart wants what the heart wants.

Nice to hear that you are heathy and having great day. Nice to hear from you also.
    Part Time Girl

Melody after all you have gone thru I think you have the right to enjoy dressing any way you want. I hope you have a wonderful day dressed and thank you for sharing all your troubles with us. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you have everything back in check. Life is a fragile thing and we need to enjoy it as much as we can so dress if that is what makes you happy.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U know, u can post pics here, Blue? On most of the forums and as your avatar. Have u considered that option?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    U know, u can post pics here, Blue? On most of the forums and as your avatar. Have u considered that option?
    I have, but I'm not to the point of sharing pictures and with the weight I've put on over the last 2 years with prednisone treatment I have no interest in seeing myself in pictures much less sharing.

blue it is good to hear you got most of your health issues taken care of.
    Glad your able to get back into the swing of things enjoy your time getting dressed
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Prednisone is one of those double edged swords. Enjoy the chances you have and share with us when you can.

Thanks for sharing! Praying that all your health issues have settled down! Dress when you can and enjoy! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Blue, Thanks for sharing. I know the DADT is a truly a lonely proposition, a one way street with no sharing. When we share so much together it seems awful that this is one thing that can't be shared. I wish my SO and I could talk about and maybe go out together, with me in a dress. But i know darn good and well that's not in the cards. I hope your health issues will subside and you can enjoy life and in a dress too.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I hope you medical issues are stable and that you are feeling better.
    Glad you got the chance to dress up for a change.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Thank you for sharing. As a nurse and patient I have a good idea what you have been through and it had to be really rough for you at times. I had my sigmoid colon removed a yearand a half ago and it took months before I was fully recovered. We have similar issues beside dressing. I hope you enjoy better times now.

Sorry to think of what you've been through. My best wishes for your good health and complete recovery going forward.
    Like a lady

Thanks for the update Melody, you certainly had a challenging time, I hope that is all behind you now.. its also great you had the chance to dress again...perhaps taking a more active part in this great place via more posting can help you deal with the isolation of a DADT relatioinship.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Julianna View Post
    Thank you for sharing. As a nurse and patient I have a good idea what you have been through and it had to be really rough for you at times. I had my sigmoid colon removed a yearand a half ago and it took months before I was fully recovered. We have similar issues beside dressing. I hope you enjoy better times now.
    Hi Stephanie,

Surgery sounds like no fun. I am hoping to avoid getting to that point, I am currently on anti-TNF alpha therapy every 2 months with oral mesalamine, hopefully that will get things under control.
    Last edited by blue_melody; 05-03-2018 at 08:23 PM.

glad you are still around , enjoy your dressing time, I hope you are done with the medical issues.
    don't be a stranger

The avvy pic isn't me
    I wish you the best of health Melody, and many more opportunities to dress.
    Thanx for sharing the update.

Cass

Melod, I'm so glad you got some time to dress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That's terrific that you finally got a chance to dress! Stay well!

Blue,

I would consider your renewed interest in dressing as a way of re-inventing, re-discovering yourself upon surviving your disease; a kind of physical therapy. A new You.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

How I love some of the 60s styles, they just don't love my body..... I am sorry to hear about your health issues my advice is always follow the doctor's directions, I have had my issues too and while I hate to admit it, sometimes those doctors know more than I do....... I am sending my thoughts and prayers.

Hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for sharing with us here!

Mattea
    Love makes everyone equal.

Glad you had some rare time to do something that makes you happy.
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

Platinum Member
    blue_melody, glad you're recovering enough to enjoy dressing a bit.

I just have one comment. I always refer to the state below North Dakota as "Lower", "Lesser" or "Other" Dakota.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    blue_melody, glad you're recovering enough to enjoy dressing a bit.

I just have one comment. I always refer to the state below North Dakota as "Lower", "Lesser" or "Other" Dakota.
    I would not disagree with that assessment of the Other Dakota