Thread: Wow! What a blast from the past

Wow! What a blast from the past

My aunt called me and asked me if I could check her roof if there was any damage from the wind storm we had, she found some shingles in her yard and she wanted to see the extreme of the damage before calling a roofer. I went after work and considering I spent almost all my childhood in that house I haven't been there in at least 15 years, probably when my uncle past. My aunt would watch me during summer holidays and when my parents went on vacation, and with her having two daughters I enjoyed playing dress up and they loved to dress me as the mother or school teacher. It was very common for my aunt to see me dressed as a girl back then and I pretend I didn't want to dress as a girl but deep inside I loved every minute.
    I went on the roof and seen some damage and I told my aunt I had to go home and get some tools, she told me she didn't touch my uncles work shop in the basement and maybe I could find what I need there instead of driving home. She told me to go and look and because I spent so much time there when I was younger I should know the house inside out. It felt strange going in after all this time, I walked though the kitchen and walked down the stairs, I past the room that had a play kitchen and toys and now had stacked boxes. Before my uncles work area there was a small room where they would keep there shoes and extra cloths and that was where I would try on stuff and dress up.
    I walked in to what we called his work shop and everything was untouched almost like he was still alive but there was a clothes rack in there, my eye went threw the rack when something caught my eye, it was a pink overcoat and I pulled the other clothes aside and pulled it out to view it. WOW! Just like a ton of bricks I had a massive flash back. I remembered myself eating breakfast on my aunts couch watching TV and my aunt cleaning up and wearing that pink overcoat with a silk nighty but usually with a full slip. I remember I would pretend to be watching TV mean while I was watching every step my aunt was taking. Enjoying every glacé at the lace of her slip and her pantyhosed legs and the excitement when her overcoat would open and I would get a full view of her nighty or slip.
    I was standing there in a daze when I hear my aunts voice, I snap out of it and my she's standing next to me and I'm holding her pick overcoat in my hand and I said pardon. She said there's a lot of memories down here isn't there, and told me she knew how much I enjoyed staying with her when I was younger and how much she misses those years. I told her yes I did enjoy my time there but for some reason I was brain dead, I felt drained out by that blast of the past and didn't know what else to say to her. I should have told her its probably because of her and her daughter's that I crossdress now.
    I got a few tools and fixed the roof and off I went, but not without a pile of memories, that's all I've been thinking about, the memories are just flooding in and knowing now what I know, I believe my aunt knew I was druwlling over her and they probably all knew how much I enjoyed being dressed as a girl. I'm sure they must have caught on that everytime I went there they would be missing a few pair of pantyhose. Wow I totally forgot about those days and now with all these memories flooding in more and more I hope I could hold these memories and treasure them.
    Has this ever happened to anyone else, just go somewhere or see something that brings you back to part of our crossdressing history. Sorry it was long I wanted to try to explain it as detailed as possible.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 05-08-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Maria. Not long at all. It was a ery enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing.
    I went to the town iygrew up in. The old house was up for sale with an open house. I toured the house imagining the times I spent dressed when I was a kid.

I have often visited the past both in my wife's town as well.

A school reunion, milestones, and service reunions.

Things change and all that are left are memories.

Sometimes things as tangible as your Aunts house.

Sadly that will change one day.

You should go back and take photographs.

A song springs to mind here.

"Tar And Cement" sung by Verdelle Smith.

It is appropriate here.

Remember nothing is constant but change.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

What a lovely post, thanks for sharing

What a great story, thanks for sharing.

A couple of years ago I was working in the house where my oldest Polaroid photos of me dressed were taken 40 years ago.
    I had to run some wires in the attic where I used to keep my stash hidden and wow I found a half slip I had left when I moved out.
    I thought I was cool that it was still there so I left it.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Enjoyed your post Maria, it wasn't long, and the detail captured my interest. Reading your post also reminded me that an aunt helped me dress for Halloween on two occasions. She was a fun loving, mischievous, person. Over the years she would make subtle reference to how much I enjoyed dressing for Halloween, and "hint" that she would be willing to help again. Regrettably I never took her up on that offer.

Karen

The old farm house is still standing where I grew up in and it still reminds me of dressing in my moms things as a teen. It is neat that our minds can take us back to a simpler life and it's funny that I remember only the joyful times and not the bad times. I especially remember those good Christmas mornings and Thanksgivings where we'd eat to much.
    I remember my stash of the Sears and Montgomery Ward catalogues I used to keep in the attic of the barn to look at the women's undergarments, although the barn has been torn down many many years ago. I wonder what the hands thought when they found the stash and even some old Playboy magazines and moms old nylon hose she had discarded. Memories are great to reflect on from time to time. Mine takes me back to a more peaceful time.

Maria, what a wonderful remembrance. Also, you are a good nephew for fixing your aunt's roof..

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Thanks for that, Maria.

I only wish I had had cousins or sisters that wanted to dress me up!
    I used to have a short attention spa

Gold Member
    You bring back the memories of when I was younger and staid at my grand-folks house on a lake during the summer.
    They had these changing rooms next to the Garage where you could put on your bathing suit.
    Now there was always a dozen or more one piece girls suites hanging on the hooks in the locker.
    I would sneak in and slip on a suit, then put my regular clothes over the top.
    I had great time up there.
    Rader

My youthful memories pale in comparison. I dont know, but perhaps your aunt enjoyed the memories too.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt