Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I spotted someone!

I spotted someone!

Hey all! I took a trip up to Winnipeg CA today and went shoe shopping for my kid. While I was at the shoe store I saw a CD trying on shoes fully dressed! I wanted to saw something but I had no idea what to say plus my wife was with me...
    “Hatred only breeds more hatred.” -The Invid Regis

“We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest... trying to figure itself out”. - Delenn

It's probably best you didn't say anything. Maybe a simple compliment at most.

Well played.

How about "those look good!"?
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Banned Read only
    Oh I would've had to say something. Something nice, of course. But definitely said something. Something like, "I have those shoes, and they're nice. Look me up at the forum on crossdresser.com. " And give her your screen name.

Ya gotta take those easy chances in life.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Oh! I thot u were going to say, Kaitlyn, Sigourney, or Charlize!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

There are a number of threads here on this theme " I did see a CD but did not say but wanted to" and the general advice is "don' t".
    Would you yourself like to be approached in that situation?
    Myself, I would rather not. It would be a disturbance and could make me a focal point that I try to avoid.
    Marie

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie-Jo View Post
    There are a number of threads here on this theme " I did see a CD but did not say but wanted to" and the general advice is "don' t".
    Would you yourself like to be approached in that situation?
    Myself, I would rather not. It would be a disturbance and could make me a focal point that I try to avoid.
    I wouldn't want to be approached by someone who was going to beat the crap out of me, or rape me. (well, maybe the rape thing) But seriously, if another CD came over to say hi and chat, you bet I would. That would be awesome.

I seen a CD in a dollar store a few years back. And was going to say something to her. But, the women in line were all chatting with her. Complimenting her on her clothes, make up and and shoes. And let me tell ya, she was eating it up. Smiles from ear to ear.

Banned Read only
    Victoria,
    If it were me you spotted I would have no problems with you making conversation , next time try and give it a shot . Why does it have to be a big issue ?

I’m just too much of a coward. Plus my wife don’t know yet...

“We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest... trying to figure itself out”. - Delenn

Platinum Member
    its always exciting to spot CD in the wild. They are inherently wary and secretive creatures. Consider the fact that at least two were at that shoe store, and casual observers may not have observed either one!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

If your doesn't know then I can see why you would not say anything. I might nod and give them a thumbs up on the shoes they were trying on but unless they wanted to talk I would probably nod and be on my way.

Ok, I've thought about this... if I'm out and about dressed, and I was approached by another cd (also deessed) I'd be fine with that.
    Some dude complimenting me on my shoes or outfit? Probably not so much.
    The initial shock of someone approaching me while dressed would make me want to hightail it outta there. But that hasn't happened yet, I've only been out twice.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    There are a plenty of us that wander around the ‘Peg! I am more surprised to hear of Americans coming up here to do shoe shopping, usually it is hoards of us Peggers going down south to Grand Forks or Fargo to do shopping!

Platinum Member
    Princess, it’s kinda an exchange program. For someone in ND....I grew up between GF and FGO, The Peg seems like a truly wonderful and exotic place. Even the Red River seems transformed once it crosses the border!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You could have given them the secret crossdresser handshake.

If there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Princess, it’s kinda an exchange program. For someone in ND....I grew up between GF and FGO, The Peg seems like a truly wonderful and exotic place. Even the Red River seems transformed once it crosses the border!
    Yes, the operative word here is "exchange"...and in more ways than one.

With the Canadian Dollar consistently hovering around $0.77 U.S. these days, you Yanks get an instant discount of around 30% on EVERYTHING you buy as soon as you cross the border into the Great White North...and that's before factoring in any additional discounts on whatever happens to be on sale at any given time.

It wasn't too long ago that our respective currencies were at par (and at certain times, the Canadian Dollar was even worth a few cents more than its U.S. counterpart), but that was back in the days of 100$/barrel crude oil (and expected to ultimately reach $200/ barrel, although that never happened). Instead, the price of oil cratered in the aftermath of the Great Recession, taking our "Loonie" with it, and that's where it has stayed ever since.

We Canucks can only weep...and no more Paula Young wigs for this gal. Now it's $U.S. for us + duties + taxes + exorbitant shipping costs + + +... forgedabouddit!

Please, Please, Please say "Hi" if you see me
    Maybe chat about clothing etc, I accept compliments easily, get a few from strangers anyway and gets us into a easy conversation.

Sorry, wasn't in Winnipeg today.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Rachel,

Next time I am in AKL. I will look out for you.

I often do the hike across the North Island just to say I did it. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well, As grand as Grand Forks is, Winnipeg has actual options to shop at... plus lego and Disney stores! There was a Betty Psige store at one point. Loved the clothes there! I almost got stuff for me there Ssssssoooooooooo many times.... darn SO is always there with me.... can’t go shopping for myself...

I’m going to take a day of vacation time with out telling her do I can go play in the Peg and do some me time! Lol. Would tots love to have a girls day out.

No but seriously, I love GF but there is squat to do here if you lived in this place for 6 or more years.. we do t even have a zoo... I love the Peg and we go often. But it seems like we are the only Americans crossing the border. Plus with as small as GF is, a CD stands out and that’s one thing I’m trying not to do most of the time.

Leslie, if you ask, I could deliver stuff up to Canada! The joy of being an a few hours away from Winnipeg.

lol its like a base ball game after hitting a home run or scoring a touch down. Act if you've been there done that i.e. aint no big thing....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

We were in a small town going to sit by the water and enjoy a beautiful day, this small town is known for its clothing stores. As we were walking towards the town two CDers were walking towards us, my wife automatically made a comment that my friends were coming towards me. When I seen them I had mixed emotions, my first instinct was to jump at them and tell them they look great and how lucky the are to have the courage and I'm just like them. But then in the other hand I didn't know and I wanted to get a good look and see how they were put together but I didn't want them to feel uncomfortable so I just didn't look and didn't say anything and believe it was probably the best thing.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    My view on this has changed considerably and probably more than once. Basically it's a situational decision, but I generally suggest caution in approaching a stranger. When I first went out in public I would have been mortified if anyone had approached me with the understanding I was cross dressed. Once I got more comfortable I would have welcomed the contact, but there is no way a stranger would know my mental state at the time. Given I can't see what is going on in that persons mind or how highly strung they may be over the possibility of being read in public by an unknown man, I believe I would my words to myself. That's my position for now but I may be more inclined in the future to compliment them, I've started cautiously complimenting women from time to time and so far it's been well received.

These days I don't fool myself into thinking I can wander in the public square and be seen by all as just another woman. It doesn't take much observation to see I'm transgender at some level, hopefully my look has gotten to that level. So now I think if I'm out, dressed and approached by another trans person with a compliment and a smile, I'm in. If I'm approached by a male-female couple I might be a little startled but would be open to that as well. If it's in a store or mall or even on the street where other people are present I might even welcome a compliment from a single male, maybe. It hasn't happened so I can't tell you for sure how I would respond.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

My daughter had a nice chat to one yesterday for about 20 minute - it was her Uber driver
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Good morning Victoria,
    Next time you head to the ‘Peg give me a shout and we could chat over coffee. Then you not only would spot a cd but would talk to one (or even more)!