Thread: A week of firsts

A week of firsts

While this week was not my first time out dressed, I was committed to actions that would push myself beyond what I have done before. While I got a manicure and went shopping as before, this time I went to a wig shop to get my wig cleaned and spoke with the owner about wig shopping and styles. Unfortunately, we couldn't make the time for a full appointment to try on wigs due to other circumstances. I went into a convenience store and a drug store, having to interact with the checkout people, and felt good. As part of my shopping trip, I went to Dress Barn, where I was warmly greeted by the SAs, who asked what I was looking for, started a changing room for me, and went looking for different sizes of dresses I liked. I also got unsolicited compliments from both the SAs and another customer on the dress I ended up buying.

After the shopping was done, I went to a restaurant dressed, sat at a high-top table with my legs crossed in a skirt, heel hooked over the chair rung, enjoying a salad. I even went to the ladies' room after my lunch and did my business in the appropriate manner (seated). No sirens, flashing lights, or angry bar patrons to be found.

The big deal for me this weekend was going for my first makeover. I called an Ulta north of Boston on Friday, asked if they did makeup for TG women, and they immediately said "yes". I was not feeling timid at all about making the appointment for Saturday afternoon, although I had a possible crisis when my wife (away on volunteer business) told me that my daughter might come home from college (in Boston) to get a few things for her senior week and graduation later this month. It would have meant cancelling my appointment to pick her up at her job, come home, then back to school. I texted my daughter late Saturday morning to find out, and she told me because of her projects and exams, she couldn't spare the time to come home. Crisis averted!

So I went to Ulta, was greeted warmly by the MUA (actually the salon manager), and I sat in the salon where at least three other women were getting their hair done, with mothers and friends all around. No one gave me a second glance, I was just another woman getting her makeup done. The MUA was wonderful, she even managed to apply false eyelashes (which I cannot do myself, I've tried)! I couldn't stop smiling the whole time!

With the makeover done, I went home to get dressed for meeting two other sisters from this site, Samm and Claire1d, at the Tiffany Club. We sat and talked with the other TCNE members at their open house for almost 3 hours. The three of us had all been there before, just not at the same time. It was great to meet them both.

Sadly, I had to go home, strip off everything (makeup and nail polish included), and pack Tina away for an undetermined amount of time. But I thoroughly enjoyed the days that I got, and you will see a number of pictures of my adventures in the Photo Gallery over the next couple of weeks. This journey has taken a surprising turn for me over the last few years, and I am much more comfortable with myself and my presentation to be able to get out and interact with people. Thank you all for your words of support, both directly and indirectly, and I love you all.

Toodles,
    Tina

I have to say, Tina, you've got it going on! Sitting with you, Claire, and the ladies at tcne makes me realize just how much work I need to do. And I'll say it again, I'm so glad we met and that I could be a small part of your time out and about. Maybe next time we can get that GNO going!

Sounds wonderful. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Platinum Member
    Congratulations on an enjoyable series of experiences!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Nice going. Glad you all had a great time
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you, Tina! Looking forward to all the photos

How wonderful to get all those firsts in.

Now all you have are seconds to tackle. :-)

I wish you well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Tina, I'm glad you had a few days to dress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Tina it is always a great time to get out and be yourself. Yes I would have called the daughter just to confirm what was going on to. If my daughter is coming to pick up her son I will ask what time can I expect you so I don't have any surprises. Glad you had a great time
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Thank you Samm, Tracy, Kim, Jocelyn, Julie, Beverley, Jamie, and Leann. You can see the first set of pictures with my shopping outfits in the Photo Gallery, the thread is titled "Shopping and blending".

When I get the chance, I will be updating my profile and avatar. You may notice that I changed my username, as the "timid" factor is gone for good.

, Tina

Good for you, Tina! You go girl! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

You are far from timid, Tina
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Tina you really had a busy day and I enjoyed reading every word, great story and it's great you are out and about.

Tina, thanks for sharing your adventures, sounds like you had am amazing time!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Thank you Lana Mae, Jaylyn, and Becky. This all took place over 3 1/2 days with no male clothes allowed. I have no more fears about going out dressed, or shopping, or any other activities that a woman does during a normal day. When I am out, it is normal.

Very happy you were able to get out and enjoy yourself! Fun, isn't it??
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

You know it, Kandi! I'll be reliving these days for a while as I look over the pictures I took, which I will eventually share with everyone.

Platinum Member
    ina , Acceptance of yourself is a great starting point. >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!