Thread: Drat - Summer Vacation

Drat - Summer Vacation

Yes, warm weather is here, the flowers are up and it's almost time to cut the grass. But, alas, today is my last day for a while to dress. I work evenings, so I get to dress mornings while my wife goes off to teach. (We are DADT). The next few days I have to work normal hours, then this weekend the kids start to come home from college for the summer.

So this morning I went casual and pink to do some of my delicate laundry, ready to pack way for the summer. I painted my nails pink, put on come khaki capris and a lovely pink and white floral smock. My makeup is very light and neutral with some pink overtones on my shadow and blush. Browns in my liner and mascara with a lovely pinkish lipstick from Loreal called Julianne's Nude gives that light summery look. Loving my pink toes through some tan woven 3 inch heel sandals. Blinged up with my engagement and wedding ring, 3 other intricate rings, and a lovely sparkly zirconia on a delicate chain necklace. Grabbed a pink Steve Madden purse and I'm feeling great! Gotta hold on to this moment for the summer.

Here's hoping you all are happy and enjoying being pretty with the wonderful scents and birdsong flowing in the windows!
    Kathleen

Banned Read only
    I know your pain. My wife is a teacher. It's also DADT. School ends June 15th and starts up again early September. My story gets worse. Since we bought our home four decades ago there were high laurel bushes along one fence line which gave me total privacy. The new owner of the laurel bushes hacked them down. That property is about two feet above ours so it is possible to glance into our once secure backyard where in the absence of my wife during May and June I was able to use one of our swing sets to take my morning breakfast and lunch.

Sorry to hear about your upcoming summer "vacation" of doom and gloom.

To bad you can't go somewhere, anywhere to (insert excuse here). Change in the car and just drive around or go for a walk in a park.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Tell the kids to stay at the dorm this summer LOL.

I can relate 100% as my wife is a retired teacher and still loves to substitute some and she only has two weeks left. Then we'll be together 100% of the time unless she goes to see her mom by herself but she usually only spends one or two nights at the most and we travel on a whim in the summer. We love fishing on our boat and summer is our time to enjoy it the most. I'm not out so but not 100% in a DADT but almost feel like it as she doesn't care but doesn't want me out and about. I've tried dressing and watching the television with her and can tell it's not her favorite thing for me to do. I really don't want to rock the boat so I just wear my panties full time now and she doesn't care about that but in the summer it's less time getting fully dressed and I'll be chomping at the bit till I can again. We don't need the money right now from her subbing but I'm glad she's doing it for my own selfish reasons.... Lol

My wife has only known about my dressing since January and I am definitely foreseeing less dressing in the summer. Right now my wife is ok with skirts in the house as long as the kids see me in shorts/pants more than they see me in a skirt and I don't go outside in a skirt. While we tried "skirt sunday", but in practicality with warm weather and being outside more means it makes no sense to wear skirts on the weekends if I have to change every time I go outside. Since I work from home, this means I have mostly worn skirts when working. But in a few days my wife is going to start babysitting a baby at our home around 40 hours a week and with the kid's summer vacation from school coming up, I am already anxious about losing skirt time.

Converting from winter to summer wardrobe takes time.

That's why God put Spring in between, to give you that time to adjust get it all out and get ready. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If the goal is skirt time, get a kilt. While some may consider it blasphemy, a kilt is a form of a skirt. Kilts are not required to be plaid or tartan. They are not required to be made of wool and they are not required to be heavy. They can be made in any color and of any material. I once saw one in a bright floral print advertised as a Hawaiian kilt. The only objection from a crossdresser point of view is that the kilt is considered a male garment, so wearing one is not crossdressing.

Some more clothing options: sarong to replace a skirt and kurta in lieu of a dress.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charona View Post
    The only objection from a crossdresser point of view is that the kilt is considered a male garment, so wearing one is not crossdressing.
    A kilt may not be the worst idea and whilst they are a male garment they are also made in female sizes and maybe the cut is different, but if so I don't know how that might be. I have had a couple of those over the years.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maybe u should consider telling the kids if the urge to dress is that strong?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My wife is a DADT teacher too. Do you think there is a pattern here?
    Love, Ellen
    l

Yup... another husband of a school teacher here!! Same story as most here. I may just stick to my usual routine and not waver. Life is way too short to not be happy!!
    Lace and Smiles,
    Lisa!

A Kimono is a nice alternative. In Japan its very unisex. I've got 2 of them that I always wear around the house. Very except able. and pretty also. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kathleen , It sounds like it is going to be a long 4.5 months, Fall is coming. >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!