Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Antipanters

Aspiring Member
    Have to say that after doing this for 50 years and eschewing trousers, I've come to appreciate that women's trousers are a great (new and growing) addition to my wardrobe. In drab I have also converted to women's jeans. I'm left looking back at what I see now as lost years.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I get the idea behind this, especially if you only dress occasionally. I prefer wearing less because my internal thermostat is high. Wearing less helps me stay cooler. There are times when pants or jeans are appropriate and sometimes necessary. It's not a big deal to wear them.

When I took to skirts I left the pants in the back of the closet and do not ever want to wear another pair again. When I get up in the morning all I think about is what skirt will I wear today. What will I wear to go with it. Pants are so uncomfortable that I now can not stand to put them on. I do not own womans pants either they don't fit right.
    If anyone doesn't like what I am wearing that's their problem not mine.

So skirts and dresses forever!!!

Fran

I absolutely love showing off my legs when dressed. I also love love love the feeling of a flowy dress blowing around. It’s so comfy!

With that said trousers and leggings do have a place on my closet. I also have a love affair with cute lounge pants as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    Nikki, question for you, now you have moved from Bodycon dresses to more casual long dresses and are starting to see the benefits of less makeup at times... do you see yourself slowly warming to pants?
    Hi Bec,
    Well, first I must dispel the notion that I've moved from Bodycon dresses to more casual long dresses. I still love my Bodycon dresses and now I've added maxis to the mix for a more well-rounded wardrobe and the surprised enjoyment of flowing long and beautiful dresses that are also more comfortable to wear. So, just as you share with the benefits of less makeup at times (in fact, more often than the glamorous style I use to always embrace) there is still times for Bodycon dresses too. But, I'll be honest, I prefer wearing my maxi dresses to the Bodycon dresses. I never in a million years (well it was after more than 43 years of dressing) would I have thought I would like maxis over Bodycon. As for pants, I really don't like them so check in with me in more than 43 years from now and we'll see if I've changed my mind...doubtful! Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Nikki, now that you have opened your mind to fashion alternatives i feel its a slippery slope for you maybe within 10 years we can see you in tight jeans?
    In all seriousness if I am going to dress 20 times a year 19 times I would be in a dress or skirt as they are so obviously feminine, but a tight pair of jeans or leggings can be great once in a while...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I have found ladies low cut jeans fit me really really well and I love leggings and capris. I try and follow what women wear and pantaloons are a common part of their wardrobe so I include them in mine.

I still haven't jumped onto the pants wagon even though I have two pair around here somewhere.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

So does that make you a Maybepanter Leslie?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Maybe.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Pro pants here, leggings slacks, jeans, I have them all. I'm not one to count my clothes, to many for that. But I must have as many pants as skirts, and wear both equally. and I find nothing any more feminine than a pair of side zippered slacks. no mans pants fit or look like them. the other day, I saw a women out shopping wearing a pair of black pants, with a rear zipper, reminded me of years gone by, and again, no mans pant feels or looks like them. now I'm on the hunt for a pair of them. Don't get me wrong, I love my skirts and dresses, but some days pants just feel right, and go well with casual tops.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

It has all been said. We need to be comfortable with who we are. For me, skinny jeans and leggings are an element of dressing en femme. I workout in my sports bra and leggings. Part of my crossdressing.

I love wearing femme jeans every day in place of men jeans. I never wear femme slacks,but might try them if it gets cold enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Pants rule. Leggings rule. Jeans rule. All of these can be undeniably feminine and stylish.
    What Jessica said!
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

To me dressing is not just about the look but also the feel... which again makes in interesting comparison between skirts/dresses and pants/jeans/leggings... like many I totally love the feeling of a skirt or dress... there is something special about that feeling of cool air around your knees or thighs but then again my girly jeans are tight & stretchy and are made of much softer denim and therefore feel completely different to me guy jeans.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Only skirts and dresses for me. I am not influenced by the way women dress. I wear trousers for work and look forward to getting out of them after work.

Not an antipanter. There are slacks that are very feminine.. even jeans that are cut for a woman's body, with a lower cut over the hip.Or higher cut for a woman's higher waist... and tighter fit thru the crotch. Capri's that are tight and stretchy. I wear them and also have skorts. I guess my wardrobe has a big mix including skirts, blouses and dresses. Just love the variety that allows me to dress how ever I am feeling that day.

Aspiring Member
    When dressing femme, I wear a skirt as often as I can. I associate skirts with femme outfits. I love the look and feel. On the other hand, when I want to blend in, I yield to reality. American women wear pants on most casual occasions and even on many formal occasions. It is just the way it is these days, like it or not. Some women take it to the other extreme. My wife, for example, last wore a skirt in 1993, whining the whole time.

Pants make great camouflage when blending in. They can still look quite femme and remarkably stylish. I am of the opinion that, if I am going to do something, I should do it really well. To learn how to do pants well en femme, I went to jolynneshane.com. Jo Lynne Shane is a fortysomething Philadelphia woman who can style pants (even jeans!) far better than anyone on the Internet. I learned from her for awhile. I now fit in but I actually look better than most American women when I am in pants and in jeans.

For my most recent pedicure appointment on a warm, sunny day, I wore coral skinny jeans, a white lacy top, white huaraches, and carried a black leather bag. I was treated nicely and exactly like all the other women in the shop. Jo Lynne's ideas work!
    Last edited by abby054; 10-16-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Abby interesting that you say pants makes a great camouflage when blending in, I actually see it the opposite... I think the art of blending is to put out as many Female outward signals as possible. People see those markers and don't look further, so to my thinking a dress or skirt screams woman.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec