Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Antipanters

The Antipanters

In another thread an interesting series of posts around whether we should ever wear pants, jeans, leggings etc out (Or even in!!)...having been out twice in my nice girly jeans I now find myself at the butt (excuse the pun) of the antipanters brigade's jokes and disappointment... I felt the topic about not always only wearing skirts and dresses deserved its own discussion...

Who is an antipanter and why?

Lets keep it light and fun...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I'm a fierce antipanter...and there's one obvious reason. Because of society's ills, I have to wear pants all day which I hate. So, when I have an opportunity (which isn't near often enough) to dress up and express my femininity why would I want to wear pants? Is that sufficiently light and fun?
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 05-08-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Antipanter here.

I'd never wear pants when dressing fem. The whole appeal of dressing for me is getting away from wearing pants

I detest pants. My entire female wardrobe consists of only skirts and dresses.

Karen Sue

I suspect its going to be a big group the Antipanters

Nikki, woman all wear various types of jeans pants leggings etc etc and many look really feminine, aa really tight pair of jeans or nice leggings look AND feel very different to guys pants.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Definitely not an Antipanter here. For multiple reasons wearing sexy jeans, leather pants, leggings or pressed dress slacks makes me feel just as fem. Of course combining any of these with an amazing pair of patent leather stilettos helps. Then of course skirts short/long and dresses have their plus side also. As you sit down smoothing the dress or skirt out then crossing your legs making sure the outfit falls perfect over your legs. Yep I can go either way.

I wear all types of clothing, a nice skirt in a blizzard does get a lot of attention. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Being seen out in your pants in the UK would get you arrested Seriously I was once in the anti trousers group.But I quickly realised,looking around me that most women these days are more regularly seen in trousers,denims etc And i still think you can put together a really nice femme outfit when wearing trousers e.g. I do love to wear outfit of fitted trousers,pretty top and heels
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    I suspect its going to be a big group the Antipanters

Nikki, woman all wear various types of jeans pants leggings etc etc and many look really feminine, aa really tight pair of jeans or nice leggings look AND feel very different to guys pants.
    Have to agree I have some really cute leggings and jeans .

Don't get mad I do not mean it negatively because wearing what makes you happy or what you like is what it's all about.

But to me I always thought closet or fetish dressers wore skirts and dresses only where ones out do it all like most
    Ggs.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Not a Antipanter here. I love wearing sexy jeans when dressed. I have a few pairs of sexy jeans I enjoy wearing. I found a pair of faux leather skintight pants I enjoy wearing. I also love dresses and skirts,but I also love the jeans. I also love seeing GG's in jeans. If I was ever to go out in public I would be wearing jeans to blend in.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't have to wear a skirt or dress to feel feminine. .
    I suppose if your CDing is a hobby you may feel that way.
    Is it your guy side being sexist and patriarchal saying that?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-08-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    So long as they are OBVIOUSLY WOMAN pants, I see nothing wrong with them-----especially if you have a very feminine or frilly TOP.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wearing pants is a sacrilege to some and I have no idea why.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Not antipants here but yes love wearing my skirts and sundresses when out, but I also have plenty of blend wear to fit in
    with the ggs

I don't consider wearing pants a sacrilege. Perhaps "antipanter" is a bit too strong a term. I just prefer dresses to pants and skirts too. And I can think of another reason why I prefer dresses. With a dress, it requires less thinking. I don't have to figure out how to match a top and bottom. With a dress, it's just one garment and I'm good to go!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Pants rule. Leggings rule. Jeans rule. All of these can be undeniably feminine and stylish.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I don't hate pants, far from it, I just prefer dresses and skirts, and given the limited time I get to dress they are always the number one option for me. I spend all my drab time in trousers so when dressed I feel more feminine in a dress. If pants are your thing good for you.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I'm a girly girl so love my dresses. However, when I'm out and about and blendy amongst the normals then stylish slacks and jeans are fun too. Hugs, Michelle

I'm with nikki...an "antipanter" in principle, and you would have to pry my dresses and skirts (and pantyhose and heels, for that matter) from my cold, dead hands some day...

BUT - There have been times when I have crossed over to the Dark Side when there was something about specific ladies' pants that both intrigued and appealed to me. That only happens when there is something uniquely feminine about said pants, however:

Exhibit "A" - Capris. Nothing really equivalent on the men's side. In fact, just yesterday I bought a pair on Spandex-enhanced pull-on capris with with a wild, multi-colored floral motif that inexplicably just called out to me. I plan to pair those with a flowy "cold shoulder" style jersey top and a pair of strappy wedges for a planned outing this coming summer when I test the waters by going out in public in casual style - something that is not my "normal" look. I actually like that outfit, and it looks plenty "girly" to me even if it is anchored by those - Ahem! - dreaded "pants".

Exhibit "B" - Palazzo pants. The last time I saw or heard of a male wearing anything even remotely close to those was M.C. Hammer in one of his iconic music videos ("U Can't Touch This" ), or else the eunuchs guarding a 16th century Turkish harem. Thanks, but no thanks to the male version of these...to much associated baggage here -LOL!

Exhibit "C" - Ladies' elegant dress pants lined with silky polyester/rayon material. Ever experience the exquisite feeling of this soft, silky material sliding up and down one's shaved legs while they, in turn, are encased in equally silky pantyhose as one walks about or crosses one's legs? Dare I say "sensory overload" here? When was the last time anyone heard of - let alone , wore something similar originating from the men's clothing section?

Exhibit "D" - Women's tight, form-fitting jeans that hug and caress all the curves. Bonus points if they showcase the ubiquitous "camel toe" as well. And when teamed up with a pair of "killer" stilettos...'Nuff said...

So yes, long story short - there are instances when pants can be very feminine, and one doesn't need to hand in one's Crossdresser Membership Card for delighting in wearing these, along with more traditionally female garb.

Oh come on, even most women feel more feminine in a skirt or a dress. And yes, I listen to them talk, so this is right from the 'horses mouth'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Light and fun you say? hmmmm, ok.

I might muddy the waters a bit here, but hopefully it can expand on the topic a bit too.
    I remember another forum many moons ago (much much smaller), that had quite a large contingent of antipanters and mostly for the same reason as has been shared here. But the rub to me was, that most of that group was adamant that one has to wear hose (or tights) with the skirt or dress.

Which is ok I guess, but much of the appeal to me in having bare legs is,....well, having bare legs.
    I go to great lengths in hair removal, keeping my skin well moisturized and healthy looking, i'm a dedicated tanner and etc, etc.
    That wonderful feeling of being bare legged is delightful, and other than some nice quality stockings, i'm sorry but pantyhose can be a bit uncomfortable around the waist.
    Not to mention the heat factor, it gets plenty hot around these parts, so PFFFFFFTT! on the hose.

Kinda off topic but there ya go.

My situation is that I rarely dress fully anymore, and I present daily in public as a mix or andro or whatever your preferred term may be. I identify as NB/TG.
    Picture your everyday female out doing the grocery shopping: pants, blouse/top, ladies flats or sandals, and all the rest. I'm kinda that, without (of course) the female body shape, and I don't wear forms or a wig. Make-up and jewellery yes.

Long story (sorry) made shorter......I am a propanter and mostly jeans, though now that it's warm out i'm in ladies khakis (bare legs mind you).

I do love my skirts and dresses and the day will come again when I move back in that direction.

Anywho, sorry for the long winded post.
    Cass

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I'm in the "dresses/skirts" preferred camp. I do have some skinny jeans, but if I'm dressing, it's because of my deeply-seated urge to feel and look pretty and feminine. And for me, dresses and skirts is what I equate with this; could be the era I grew up in. Fortunately, my wife has the same tendencies, and in her case, she is actually an antipanter!

I don't mind wearing trousers sometimes when dressed at home as long as they are fem style. I love skinny jeans and leggings.
    It's nice to have different styles for different days.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    It's funny but here in the UK, pants is an abbreviation for underpants and virtually no-one uses the term pants to describe trousers anymore! No pants means going commando!

So some facts:

1. Dresses and skirts ARE more feminine. This has nothing to do with crossdressing but is entirely because they are only worn by women (unlike trousers) and they conveniently show bare smooth feminine legs. Any woman will tell you that dresses and skirts make her feel more feminine.

2. Because of number 1 above (I guess), I love dresses and skirts and almost always wear one or the other when doing the 'full Daisy' as I put it. In the 2 days of the year that are hot in Northumberland (a good year) you can't beat bare legs and a light flowing skirt.

3. I never wear mens clothes. Rather than doing the full Daisy, I present 90% of the time as myself which is obviously genetically male when close up due to thin hair, beard shadow and no boobs. This I do in womens clothes but never dresses or skirts. So I wear leggings and super skinny stretch jeans most of the time. I love them! Sorry. They give me the opportunity to be non-binary without being a MIAD. I get the odd 'second look' but never a stare (there is a difference). Women seem to love it and generally can't wait to tell me how nice it is to a man who cares about his appearance and makes an effort and then tell me they wish they had my legs. I'll take that thank you very much

4. Confession time, when doing the 'full Daisy' I sometimes don't wear a dress or skirt. This is due to the activity I am doing. If walking the coast or climbing a hill in the tick infested wilds I want my activewear and that means sports leggings. I LOVE them. I may wear a short sports skirt over the top but usually not. I always wear padding and a long top if needed to cover any male shape. Oh and capri length leggings are the best because only ladies wear them! Forget about the ones made for men (running leggings etc) because the colour choice is awful.

5. I hate trousers! By trousers I mean any two legged garment for the lower half other than super skinny jeans and leggings. Womens trousers are just 'feminised' version of mens. It's like they are saying "If I want to get on in life I must dress like a man but must feminise the clothes a bit so I don't look like a lesbian". Seriously, the womens' business suit, what's that all about? Most men hate them but have to wear them due to outdated social attitudes about smartness at the office and then women come along and think I'll give up my freedom to be comfortable, feminine etc and try to be hot and uncomfortable in a mans suit. You can't make it up. It's ridiculous. And don't even ask me about those really big baggy capri length trousers and collotes that some women wear, they might as well put on a tent or bin bag or a sign that says 'I have fat legs under here'.

So there you have it. If I have tempted you to get out in super skinnies or leggings go for it, but please remember that you need to have super skinny legs, stretch fabrics were designed to show off every natural lovely curve NOT to let you stuff fat legs into small jeans . Sorry but it's true. And, contrary to what we see, leggings were not invented to allow morbidly obese people to get comfortable while wobbling about.
    Last edited by DaisyLawrence; 05-09-2018 at 02:34 AM.

Aspiring Member
    No, I'm not an antipanter either. Most women wear trousers most of the time, so why not us? But, when I dress, I have to make that change, that distinction. So, for me it's skits and dresses. When I'm out shopping, for example, if I'm in, say, Marks and Spencer, I'll sometimes look at the trousers, and yes, there are some really lovely feminine styles out there, but then a skirt comes into view and, when I comes to spending actual folding money, then the skirt or dress wins every time.