Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Antipanters

I am OK wearing pants when my SO is getting used to me being trans. Other than that I just love skirts and dresses too much to wear them!

I have a few pairs of super cute super tight pants, skinny jeans and leggings, and I love them, but compared to skirts and dresses they’re in the minority. In fact wearing jeans in my profile pic. Not an antipanter.

I'll have to chime in here. Pants since I like to go out to straight and day time places I am a panter. I wear jeans skinny jeans(very sexy) and even a pant suit. Thats not to say dresses and skirts don't happen just seldom. If it is a night of clubbing and dancing short skirts and dresses are definitely the call
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

If you are emulating females then it is necessary to wear pants to blend in! That said, I saw a GG in a skirt and top today out shopping! I wear women's jeans most days with a "V" neck women's tee shirt(my male mode!)! I prefer when dressed to be in a skirt and feminine top! I have gotten a new peasant dress but have to shorten my slip to wear it! So, I guess I love any feminine clothes: dresses, skirts and pants! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

>stands up Hi all, my name is Jodie and I am NOT an anti-panter!
    I have a ton of girl jeans and (lets see... 5, 6, 7) seven pair of women's slacks.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are some situations where skirts and dresses are a little impractical. Ever try painting a wall, on a ladder, in a skirt?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Platinum Member
    Hi Becky Blue , I have three closets full of clothes That runs the full spectrum of female clothes
    I have a large number of all kind of pants and leggings . >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Leslie. We call mens underwear pants (short for underpants) and ladies underwear are knickers (your panties). Bloomers were the big things Victorian ladies wore. As we English are the source of the English language, this is the correct use of terms, all other English speaking nations that differ are, by definition, wrong.
    I love it!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    This is true. As they say, there is the Queen's English, and there are mistakes.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I understand the urge to wear skirts and dresses,... I have tons of them!

But, I absolutely LOVE my wet look leggings! Whether they’re tight ankle or flare legs, I absolutely LOVE them and have them in all types and colors! I also love my faux leather pants and Lame’ pants! With a sexy pair of platform high heels, I think they look just as sexy as heels and a skirt! And I also don’t have to worry if I’ve forgotten to nair my legs for a few days! Lol

There is not much better than the feeling of wearing a well fitting dress or skirt.
    However, in most venues, it is difficult to blend with a dress or skirt. The GGs aren't wearing them.
    I did notice today, a few younger ladies wearing casual dresses out shopping as the weather warms up'

Thanks for sharing your views on pants/trousers/leggings/jeans girls... I would estimate there is a significant minority of you antipanters out there.

I was out today at lunch time in a reasonably affluent shopping strip.. today is the first cold day we have had in Melbourne this year (yes yes yes I know all you Northern Hemisphere people 10C 52F is not really cold) but it is cold for us.. I would say only 10% of the women were wearing skirts or dresses.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    There's a little bit of continent-centricness (?) on display in this thread. Lots of claims that "the GGs just don't wear dresses and skirts." That may be the case in Ohio or Alberta, but I can assure you that in France, Spain (where my wife and I are currently living) and other European countries, well-dressed women wouldn't be caught dead in pants (or trousers).

I can see where a CD would only wear skirts and dresses. After all a lot of them do not dress up all the time, so take advantage of your opportunities when they happen. Pre transition I rarely wore pants en femme.

For the first 2 months after living 24/7 as a woman, I wore skirts and dresses only. I have now been living full time for about a year, and I am at about 60% skirts and dresses and about 40% pants. Not really sure what the future will hold. There are times when pants seem much more practical than a skirt or dress.

Crossdressers have always been criticised/condemned, even arrested, because men don't wear dresses. So we should be like other men and wear pants. Now we are being told that women don't wear dresses and we should be like women and wear pants! Very surprising to find on a crossdressing forum that there are people who are opposed to men wearing dresses.
    Pretty amazing.
    Like a lady

Banned Read only
    Jodie,
    Yes been there and done the decorating thing in a flowered skirt , Tshirt and heels . I was decorating a friends house and forgot when painting the ceiling off a step ladder that the neighbours across the road had a clear view of me . I stick to male mode now , I hate spoiling my outfits !!

Isabella,
    I agree they still have some style on the continent and they still love their lingerie shops .
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-10-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Linda....They say when in Rome do as the Romans do.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Isnt the Queen German though
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I have tried pants when in femme, but I just look male in them. (typical male athletic body gone to seed with a beer gut) By the standards of women's fashion I have an "apple shaped" body. Some pants would work, but I would have to choose the top very carefully. Martha Stewart is a fashion forward example of this type.

In dressy outfits I use hip padding to mitigate this, but the problem is still there.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I love the feeling of freedom and feminimity from wearing a skirt or dress, and it is most definitely my choice when dressing. However, I have gotten a few pairs of ladies dress pants, and they are nothing like those for men. they are loose and flowing just like skirts and dresses and feel very nice and sexy. So I wouldn't discount them too readily.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    This type of thread is always an interesting one. And lots of good things being said & discussed!

Anyway, just a few random thoughts...

- Back in my 100% en-femme days, I was a staunch anti-panter. Or, at least in the earlier days of that. All about the dresses & skirts -- and *always* with hose or (American) tights. Heck, during one CD era, I had amassed a huge collection of those Ann Taylor type above-the-knee skirts. Loved those & wore 'em all the time! So, I absolutely get where the dress/skirt-wearers are coming from, on all kinds of points.

- As I got a bit older, something shifted in me. Started dabbling in non-skirt/dress things, like picking up a black opaque "cat-suit" one time for a Halloween costume. Couple pairs of jeans & cords? Sure, why not. GG dress-pants & "office" pants? Again, why not! Even got into skorts a little... Used to wear one of mine a *lot* for a spell, I really loved everything about it and how I looked & felt while wearing it. And I started seeing the allure of this kinda stuff, opening up a whole new world for me, with all kinds of wardrobe options & possibilities. Still wore dresses & skirts, but now it was like I wasn't "forced" to, that I could go a different direction on any given day, depending on my mood, on the weather, and on where I might be going & what I might be doing, and with whom. Pretty awesome, really.

- Socially, I would tend to (but not always) wear skirts & dresses. But when I started doing more of a "mixed" presentation while simply running errands or whatever? The pants would come out. I just wanted to look like a femmy guy -- not an obvious CD'er. I just wanted to go about my business, like any regular person would, without attracting all this attention... Which undoubtedly, a skirt/dress *would* have done.

- These days, I no longer do 100% en-femme. Just not really in it in me anymore. That may change someday... Or at this rate, probably not. And since that time, I have discovered leggings. And oh, boy.. Did I discover them! I can't be bothered to count how may pairs I now have, but it's reasonably estimated to be between 150-200 of 'em. Outside of work, I pretty much live in these things. Just presenting as a guy, wearing women's leggings. And yes, I wear them as stand-alone pants. More on that below...

- Many GG's in my neck of the woods, pretty much around my age & younger, wear these quite often. Typically just plain black ones (but not always, thankfully)... Whatever, I get that. Sometimes you'll see 'em wearing skirts & dresses, usually depending on the time of day/night/year, and where they are & what they're doing. And if they might look a bit "out-of-place" for the situation, you can kinda guess where they may have been earlier, or where they're possibly going to later, if you have a decent-enough eye -- simply based on their skirt/dress outfit.

- However... Leggings (as stand-alone pants), I believe, are here to stay. I know some of you may "complain" that pantyhose/tights are going out of style. Well, leggings are the *new* pantyhose/tights in this day & age, for many women & girls. Really, they're just thicker, and footless. GG's (and some guys ) are basically walking around wearing thick, footless tights, if you start to think about it. Seriously, if you find the right size/brand/variety/fabric blend for you? Some of these things can feel very silky -- like a pair of pantyhose. Only you don't have to be wearing a skirt or dress with them! It's kind of crazy, really, if you start viewing it that way.

- Anyway, there will always be a wide variety to choose from. Nothing is going away... Dresses, skirts, pants, jeans, leggings, etc. All here to stay. There may be times & places where one or more "categories" will be more prevalent, and it could possibly stay that way for a good while. But again, it comes down to having options & possibilities. I definitely wouldn't overlook *any* of these. Have a few extra bucks burning a hole in your purse? Throw caution to the wind, and pick up something cute that you *never* would have considered before... Because it may just send you on a whole new awesome path.
    Last edited by ellbee; 05-12-2018 at 12:37 AM.

If your goal is blending and most women where you live wear Jeans/slacks, it's advisable to do the same. If you prefer dresses, wear them!! but if you have the shapewear technology dialed in with the right hip/butt padding and corset..you can wear tight leggings and look 100% female from the waist down, and in my area that is actually a plus for blending..and feels pretty darn girly to me :-)!

Aviatrix in Waiting Melanie Moxon's Avatar
    Once I transition I'll be wearing skirts to work and avoiding trousers if at all possible (as it is an office environment a skirt is perfectly practical so lots of women wear them) but day to day out and about, it will be jeans and flat shoes/boots/sandals or trainers and at the airfield jeans all the way, a skirt is way to impractical to consider, dresses and pretty shoes will be reserved for going out on an evening, tights will only be worn with closed toe and non strappy shoes too (slingbacks excepted).

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    In my book, dressing like a woman includes pants. Women wear pants, look around.

I only wear skin tight jeans they show my little butt nicely

When the weather gets cold, it's time for tights paired with a dress or skirt...of course it's a matter of preference...pants are ok, but for those of us who prefer dresses/skirts, a beautiful pair of tights (the colors, patterns and textures are endless) is our option to exercise!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg