Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you need makeup when you dress?

Aspiring Member
    I can relate to Rachel's approach, although I do wear light make-up, and I go sans wigs. I just go about being myself. And yes the first couple of times, which occurred several years ago was liberating.

I do plan to visit a wig salon in hopes on finding a wig and also a visit to MAC someday. But I am comfortable as I currently present because I have come to terms with my TG identity.

For around the house, generally no makeup.
    However, when I go out, I try to blend, and I feel that I need some to make my facial appearance a bit more feminine.
    It is a balancing act between enough to enhance a female presentation, without overdoing it and standing out with much more makeup than the GGs that I'm trying to blend with.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    OK two years ago,
    I found this site which made me feel good about who I am.
    Ended up telling my wife about my secret life as a CDer.
    Didn't go well at all, so haven't dressed in two years!

I have a basement in a building that no one has gone in in years so I cleaned it up and made a so/called CD-Cave!
    Well now after two years I got a chance to dress, I had three hours but I was afraid if my wife noticed any makeup on me things would get very bad again so I got dressed with no makeup.

So I put on a new gown I bought with hip pads and forms and it looked pretty good until I looked in the mirror and saw an old man in a sexy gown and it was not a pretty site!

The question is "do you need the makeup as part of your dressing?" I do!
    If I’m just dressing and not taking pics or spending a significant time posing in front of the mirror, then no... I can dress and get the satisfaction I need. If I am taking pics, then i definitely need makeup. Honestly, I think we all do to achieve the look we want.

If you’re worried about getting caught with leftover makeup, maybe invest in a latex femme mask. They make some really good ones. They can get pricey for the quality ones. You can get them cheaper, but they look cheaper as well... some look downright creepy... however, one expensive, high-quality, female latex mask isn’t really any more expensive than a full, complete decent quality makeup set... and theres no cleanup, and no trace of it.

Like you, I had a full dressing room a few years ago... a place I could go and dress freely... I had several mirrors throughout and when I didn’t feel like doing the whole makeup thing, you can always drape some cloth over the top of the mirror so that the reflection is neck down only... lol

In all seriousness, I’m sorry you’re dealing with the stress of trying to hide it and worrying about her spotting some leftover eyeshadow, eyeliner, foundation, etc... I still suggest the high quality, female latex mask to avoid any trace of leftover makeup.

Makeup is so cool, the reason why I found this site is because two years ago hitting my late 50s I realized that powder, eye shadow, lipstick and rouge was not working.
    I needed to look fem or Purge everything. I was searching the web for a professional makeover when I found this site.
    Some of the male to female makeovers on you tube have inspired me to try harder, probably not good for my marriage.
    but it's amazing what you can do with makeup and a good wig. OK and yes, boobs!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I normally dress with no makeup.
    Makeup is an issue for the wife, so I never pushed it. She does not care if I do it, but does not want to see it.
    The few times I tried makeup without her around did not go well.
    I really want to use makeup more, but feel like a 4 year old girl in her
    moms makeup when I try it by myself.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    OMG yes makeup is very important for me. Even fully dressed with wig but NO makeup on, I can't stand to look at myself. It's like an ice cream sandwich without the ice cream...what's the point ?
    Not only does makeup hide my male issues (beard area) but just using it helps get me in that female mood.
    I just wish I was faster and better at applying it.
    Hugs
    Samantha

When I started dressing many moons ago make up wasn't important. But maybe 5yrs ago I started dabbling a bit of lipstick was my limit. Once I started wearing make up routinely I found it just gave that extra female dimension. Now I can't dress whether staying in or going out I've got to put it on.

Always, and just for the reasons you mentioned.

I never use to use it at all. Then I started using lipstick. I recently bought some mascara and like that. I'm now thinking I need some eye-liner. My biggest fear (since I'm not "out" to my spouse) is that I won't get it all off. However, she's going away for two weeks very shortly........

Aspiring Member
    Standard

Platinum Member
    Hi Judy , Make-up is the Icing on the Cake. >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Yes it a must have got to cover the blemishes / plus it feels great

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Earlier this evening I had to run some errands.

All GG-clothing... Fairly-obvious women's hoodie, obvious women's work-out leggings, obvious women's running shoes. Even had on a padded sports-bra underneath, just because I felt like it.

But, presenting as a guy... No wig hiding my men's haircut, no make-up, no padding (beyond the non-stuffed bra). None of that. Even sporting 4-day-old stubble on my face. Zero sh|ts were given, on my end.

I may be a bit biased, but I think I looked pretty good & well-put-together. First time I ever wore this particular outfit-combo, at that.

So, to answer your question? Heck, no!

It's all about finding your style, and what exactly works for you & your physical body. What are your likes? And how do you want to present yourself to the mirror & to rest of the world? Whatever all that may be, just make sure you try to do it well.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Elbee. You describe my normal daily clothing choices perfectly. Add a couple of pairs of girly earings and a bit of polish and that is me. However, close up I am still be visibly male despite the womens' clothing so I don't consider that proper crossdressing. To actually appear as a woman I find a bit of make up around the lower face is essential.

Only have ever done makeup once, and that was by my ex-wife
    Never have done it myself, and almost never wear a wig.
    Almost always just a man in a dress here, That actually is the way I feel most comfortable.

Weird, but when I look in the mirror, That is the way it is supposed to look.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I have to have. I just LOVE standing in front of the mirror and applying it, foundation, powder, eyeliner, eye shadow. etc. etc, and the final, LIPSTICK, WOW! It is indeed the ultimate finish to dressing up.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Banned Read only
    If I'm not dressed completely, I stat away from the mirrors.

I had to look up what MIAD means. (Man in a dress.) That's me.

I do not own a wig or a bra or makeup. I just try to wear pretty things as a dude. I avoid florals. I avoid dainty items like lace and sheer fabrics. I do not show off any of my hairy skin. I try to wear pretty things that are kind of masculine. More masculine near my head. Heels sometimes on the feet.

Exceptions: I have worn nail polish on my toes. I do shave my neck and upper chest and back. (I'm slowly turning into George "The Animal" Steele.) The world treats me with respect. I'm not out to my acquaintances. I go out at least once a month. I never have trouble. Some people used to snicker at me. Since Caitlyn Jenner and the gay marriage thing happened. I think people are not as surprised and are not as rude.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

If I dress I am going to have makeup on. Even if I am not going out. It just seems like the right thing to do for me.

Robyn
    " I have to tell you, sweetheart, my breasts are as smooth and beautiful as the day that I bought them " Lola from Kinky Boots

Aspiring Member
    I like to look as feminine as possible when I look in the mirror. So yes makeup is part of the kit. Some days though for time constraints, and to still have the opportunity to dress, I'll leave off the makeup except for some lipstick. Yesterday was one such day when I only had a couple of hours to dress. On those days I go casual, shorts/jeans, etc.

Yes, to some degree, eyes, eyebrows, touch of lipstick, whether dressed or not.

I maybe one of the fortunate ones as I don't use much make up when I go out. Call it a male or is it female curse. mascara, a little powder to cut down the sheen. of course lipstick or gloss is about all I need. It's like my s/o she barely wears any either.

Kelsey

I love the idea of makeup. Don't love how long it takes though. A little lipstick now and then is good for me. Edit: and toe nail polish. Love having my toes painted. I smashed my big toe last year and have gone without painting them to make sure it was healing properly and the nail grew back well.

Also, a CD cave? Yes. Yes. Yes.
    Last edited by Julie1123; 05-18-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    "Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased - thus we do refute entropy." ~Spider Robinson

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    When I dress, it's all or nothing -- makeup and wig included.

I've always been makeup free. That said, I've never tried so I guess I don't know what I'm missing.