Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you need makeup when you dress?

Do you need makeup when you dress?

OK two years ago,
    I found this site which made me feel good about who I am.
    Ended up telling my wife about my secret life as a CDer.
    Didn't go well at all, so haven't dressed in two years!

I have a basement in a building that no one has gone in in years so I cleaned it up and made a so/called CD-Cave!
    Well now after two years I got a chance to dress, I had three hours but I was afraid if my wife noticed any makeup on me things would get very bad again so I got dressed with no makeup.

So I put on a new gown I bought with hip pads and forms and it looked pretty good until I looked in the mirror and saw an old man in a sexy gown and it was not a pretty site!

The question is "do you need the makeup as part of your dressing?" I do!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Yes...absolutely! It's femininity all the way or not at all for me.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Of course, other wise I really would look like 'a man in a dress', it is as essential as the wig or clothes.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I prefer to wear makeup even though I'm not very good at application , as it enhances the dressing experience for me. Lately I've been really short on dressineg time so I skip the makeup and sometimes don't even shave.

I only dress at home to try on outfits for going out, and usually skip the makeup because it's far too likely I will get it on my clothes while changing. If I'm leaving the house, then everything must be complete, including face and nails.

- Diane

Banned Read only
    Yes and no, leaving the house dressed, yes. Not leaving the house dressed, no.

If were a GG, and cursed with the aged and masculine features I have right now, I would still do what I could to improve my appearance. So yes, I need it, because it's part of who I am when I am in girl mode. I feel not as pretty, incomplete, without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani0948 View Post
    I prefer to wear makeup even though I'm not very good at application , as it enhances the dressing experience for me.
    ^this. It's just indulging in one more female specific behavior which helps reinforce the feeling that we are actually female, too.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sure, most of the time its light make up anyway sometimes none at all.

If I have enough time to enjoy the process, and especially if I know I’ll have enough time to know I’ve gotten it all off before I have to emerge in drab. Otherwise, I tolerate dressing neck down.
    But really, I’m so happy you have a place to dress and be Judy again! Congratulations!
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

The two things I absolutely can not do without, for presenting female, are my wig and my makeup. If either is missing, nothing else will make me look female enough to be seen as anything other than a man. I have managed a very feminine presentation in a bikini, with the wig and makeup, but no breast forms or hip pads or even a gaff thong. But my facial complexion is all wrong for a woman, and my makeup does a lot to visually contour my face so I look much more feminine.

Edited to add:

Even when dressing fully female at home, I prefer to have the wig and makeup on. I might take off the wig to cool down after returning from a fully feminine outing in the evening, but it remains close at hand so I could put it on if a stranger came to the door. But when the makeup comes off for the night, so do all the fully female trappings.

However... when presenting as a male, I still “dress” - I just express it differently. No skirts, dresses or high heels as a guy, or other blatantly feminine tops or clothes. But yes to still having my fingernails and toenails painted, ears pierced with unisex studs or small hoop earrings, women’s jeans and sandals... All usually worn with a unisex t-shirt or men’s open collared dress shirt. The effect remains that the average person’s first impression of me as a male is a guy in normal male attire - until you note the feminine details...
    Last edited by Ceera; 05-09-2018 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Expanded on response

I do not need makeup when I put on a dress. I have done it though.

Judy, when do we get to see pictures of "the play room"?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nope. My face goes on or off in 5 seconds!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

No I don't.
    I'm getting to be like GG's; too busy or not giving a rats ass about splashing it one routinely. I can dress without it, but frankly I love the stuff.
    Make up is fun. Make up is the magic icing on the cake. Make up ties it all together. Lord help me, when I can wear it appropriately I wear it gleefully.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Banned Read only
    Yes, for sure, Judy! I have to do the makeup and wig each time I dress. If I don't, I'm like a few girls who wrote you a reply before I did - I don't like a guy in a dress, or top and skirt looking back at me in the mirror. I see a few guys doing this but I just feel very awkward seeing myself cross dressing without me getting my total girl on.

That's it for me Judy. I still have hope of your wife becoming more accepting of your need to cross dressing. I was where your at a couple of years ago and just got tired of trying to hide things and keep my cross dressing totally secret from my wife. Now if my need to cross dress was going to end in a divorce, I love my wife much more than cross dressing. We have a very loving relationship and enjoy our date nights together immensely. We enjoy each other's company and spend much time inside and outside of our home together. I can't imagine life with my best friend and sexy redheaded wife.

Sincerely Scarlett

I'm in a very small minority here coz i never use makeup. It just doesn't appeal to me, i go with the miad look.
    I always liked the "look" of GGs who went for little or no makeup (my wife is like that) so maybe that has influenced me.
    This is not intended as a criticism, just my preference. Each to their own path.

As it happens, altho my wife is reasonably ok with my dressing, she has said that if i had wanted to try makeup it might just have been a bridge too far for her....
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

All I need is a good shave and brow pluck ( which I always try to keep thin and fem). I love make up but my skin suffers from cystic acne and Im afraid of cheap makeup, and I cant afford good stuff.

I only use eyeshadow, eye liner and lipstick when I use it. Im learning how to do foundation and blush and all that but I dont,like it. Its probably because I dont have good makeup.

I only started dressing again last year. I threw away so much stuff because my ex tried to change me.

Aspiring Member
    I'm probably in a very small minority here, in that not only do I not wear make-up, I don't actually like make-up. I don't particularly like over made-up gg women either. For me, once I've got the clothes on, then I'm happy as the girl I want to be, that is, being the girl inside me. Personally, I don't feel the need to embellish any further. But each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Yes and no, leaving the house dressed, yes. Not leaving the house mdressed, no.
    I'm with Roberta on this. The time I get to dress at home is limited hence I could spend a large proportion of that precious time applying and removing makeup.

When going out it's a must. I would feel very exposed without makeup no matterhow well I looked in my clothes.

Yes, I'm not a miad, so I need it whether I'm staying in or going out. Otherwise I don't like what I see in the mirror.

I've been out without make up or wig - "man in a dress mode" - well man in womens clothes during long lunch breaks.
    This was a 75 minute lunch break and didn't want make up on for my next client to see.
    While initially I was concerned about not having a wig, I soon got into the moment with neither wig or make up - it was a very refreshing and liberating feeling, just being me without all the fuss.

IMG_20170925_114705.jpg
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Charlotte, the small minority just increased by '1'. I'm 100% with you on this.

I never needed it... until I started using it.
    Now I don't like to dress without it.
    There's that, and I need all the practice I can get.

Never leave home without it. Admittedly, with makeup on I look like my younger sister.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Is that a question? First I apply DAP to fill in the cracks, then I reach for the Cover Girl.