Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you need makeup when you dress?

Haven't done much in the way of makeup as I am always afraid of not getting everything off when I meet the wife for lunch or when she is on her way home.
    I dress Monday thru Friday in an outfit, bra, boobs,wig. Maybe next Thursday as I am taking the camp trailer to get setup for the weekend can wait!!!!
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Always with make up. Need to hide my ugly puss feel the joy of bring dresssed

If I'm going out any further than my mailbox it's wig, makeup and clothes, to the garage than I don't bother with makeup or wig as my garage is hard to see into from the street, even just to the mailbox I'll just put on a pair of female sunglasses then make sure the street is empty.
    I can't see the point in going for long walks or the movies or shops in female clothes if you don't go the whole hog, that is a wig, makeup and clothes or you just look like a dude in a dress, different if you have had hormone treatment and look very feminine without makeup and wig.
    For me, it's definitely a wig, makeup and clothes when I'm going out.
    Sophie Mosley

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GracieRose View Post
    However, when I go out, I try to blend,
    This is a very important point to those wanting to go out dressed. Most of us don't have the hope of an ice cube in hell of passing, but if we are artful enough we can blend, that is, not draw unwanted attention to ourselves. I've experimented with makeup a lot in the last couple of years and I find that to that end, less is more. My technique is a light base layer of blush over the bearded areas, then a light coat of foundation, then a touch of eyeliner, blush and lipstick, and then I accessorize with a bit of jewelry. Oh, and I also pluck and shape my brows and highlight them, but subtly so I can present in either gender. And then a presentable wig, I have a cheap one but that from afar looks OK, I just ordered what will be (I hope) a better one. Still not too expensive, around $150. My plan is to experiment with 2 or 3 styles then hopefully find the one that suits me best and have a custom wig made that I will wear all the time when dressed.

As I've only recently started crossdressing in earnest, I have zero makeup skills. So far, I've only addressed what I call the 'below the neck' aspect of crossdressing; which covers clothes, shoes and my fem physique.

I have a couple of girlfriends who are willing to help me with makeup when I feel I'm ready. For now, when I want to turn the dial to 11, I put on lipstick. I usually enjoy it so much I leave it on when I go to work. (more on that in a future post)

I can fully enjoy all the benefits of dressing without makeup. I find that people's reactions to me are mostly driven by the simple fact that as a man I am claiming the right to dress like a woman. Most women are very knowing about this, as they understand both the dream and the actuality of dressing like a woman. Men are intrigued or avoidant. I am so sure that if I was trying to compete with women in the facial appearance department, I would fail, I don't even try. I also don't like makeup on women, so there is no incentive for me to try. BTW, this doesn't prevent me from being absolutely amazed at the transformations so many members show in the Boy/Girl gallery thread!

I sincerely believe that doing a good job with makeup adds a layer to the basic story that we are men, but since we are also accepting the whole package of appearance norms, we are not fetishistically focused on clothes. Also, it gives observers more things to analyze, and success at makeup garners respect, since it is so difficult. That counters the negatives of wondering why this man is doing this in the first place!

I get compliments on my legs and my clothes, never on my face. However, I think my simple existence creates a new class of mixed gender appearance which seems to be relatively easy for people to accept. I make friends at school and life is normal, so I count that as a huge success for my approach.
    We are all beautiful...!

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Of course!
    It's called Crossdressing
    Enjoy it!

Lipstick ;-).jpg

No, I don't "need" makeup when I dress. If I'm just home doing things I might add a bit of mascara and do my brows, but unless we're going out I usually don't go full makeup much anymore.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

The works for me, love make up. It feels amazing when you get it just right

Not always. sometimes only mascara and lipstick. If going out full makeup.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

its an interesting question Judy.. and my answer is usually but not always...there are times when I get a few hours to safely dress and I feel the need, but dont have time to safely do makeup... there are other times when if I cant go the whole way its not going to do it for me...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by dana digs sweaters View Post
    Of course!
    It's called Crossdressing
    Enjoy it!
    Crossdressing, by definition, does not require makeup. While some add makeup and a wig to alter their appearance, simply wearing panties is enough to be called a crossdresser.

Earlier on I did not always do full make-up, but now I much prefer to do so even if we are just hanging out at home.

When going out most definitely for me.
    In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...