Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you need makeup when you dress?

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    I only dress at home to try on outfits for going out, and usually skip the makeup because it's far too likely I will get it on my clothes while changing. If I'm leaving the house, then everything must be complete, including face and nails.

- Diane
    If I'm just trying on outfits to see what works for a specific venue it's typically no makeup, if it's a new outfit (to see if it's a keeper then my wife typically wants to see hair and makeup). If I'm going out then it's full on hair, makeup, accessories and a nice spritz of perfume prior to walking out the door.
    Jill

No. I wear a skirt or dress every day after work at home. Time is too precious to waste on make up for no one else to see.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I do---For ME it started with Makeup. It changes my face into my WOMAN FACE. The clothing does not count until I put on my face.-----Besides It makes me totally unrecognizable---another person---which is the point with us "Escapist" types.

I usually feel the need to dress if I wear makeup. I do if I'm at home by myself just wear my lipstick sometimes with my dressing. Many times I'm just dressing without any makeup also.

Yes, makeup hides a lot of sins. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    The answer is turning out to be no ! Now I'm living alone I can dress as I choose and it is more for everyday so it's usually something simple like a skirt and top , wedges, my short wig a little perfume but often no makeup . I just see basically a female ready to do her daily chores , many GGs don't wear makeup for that , well it doesn't look too bad in the mirror and I'm often in ther garden like it. I certainly wouldn't go without makeup when heading into town or for a night out .

All or nothing for me. I both need and like makeup, lots of it.
    Learning to do makeup is both putting it on AND taking it off. Many threads about makeup removal.

I have never worn makeup (unless you count nail polish, and I have had my toes painted twice...). I don't like makeup on GGs so it makes sense it something I do myself. But my wife plans to do the whole makeup thing on me when we go to a drag show (she bought me some liquid eyeliner and says she already has everything else she needs). I wonder if this will change my perception on makeup though.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    I'm with Roberta on this. The time I get to dress at home is limited hence I could spend a large proportion of that precious time applying and removing makeup.

When going out it's a must. I would feel very exposed without makeup no matterhow well I looked in my clothes.
    This is my view as well, if I'm only going to be at home I'll skip the makeup, unless I'm taking pictures. But if I'm going out, it's a necessity!

I would if I wasn't so bad at it. It just takes me far too long to apply.

I hope I live long enough to see the invention of the Automatic Makeup Applicator.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Maybe you need Homer Simpson's make up gun !!

homers-makeup-gun.jpg
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    Maybe you need Homer Simpson's make up gun !!
    I'd take two!

Or that one from The Fifth Element.

I don’t do makeup at all. Since the SO don’t know, I can’t really do much. I have convinced her to teach me. Since I do FX makeup/monster makeup she thought I should be able to do Beauty makeup also!
    “Hatred only breeds more hatred.” -The Invid Regis

“We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest... trying to figure itself out”. - Delenn

Hi Judy, I think it depends on why you dress. For a long time it was for the clothes. Then I became more into it and added makeup and wig. When I don't have a lot of time I use lipstick to just "get the feeling" It wipes off quickly. If I was going out (not much experience there) I would definitely use it. I am considering going for a bike ride dressed. Not sure what I'll do there.

Indeed Judy, but if I don't go out I may just put foundation on and maybe lipstick. but when I go out then it is the full works.
    Part Time Girl

I wouldn't say I need make up. I dress nearly every day for a short time and putting on makeup and then taking it off is more work and more time. Sometimes I'll just put on lipstick because that's quick.

That said, I prefer my look with makeup, lots of it! If I'm going somewhere dressed, I wouldn't do it without makeup.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    First of all congratulations on getting to be en femme. Two years is way too long. Anyway, I am an in-home dresser. When en femme at home I forego the makeup. Yes, I suppose if I intently stared at a mirror close up I will (do) look like a man in a dress. When I do get the opportunity to be en femme for a day (Friday coming UP! Yeah!) I have plenty to do around the home. It's domestic chores, cooking and baking. There is a full length mirror I can gaze at and see my entire figure. Many or most women do not wear full makeup toiling around the house. I do not have to cover up a beard. A close shave does a good job of ridding my face of my light hair. No dark beard shine. I would have to caution you, if you do go full makeup, with your non-accepting wife to remember there may be tell tale signs. No matter how well you think you clean up your wife may detect a spec of makeup. You may have holy hell to pay for it.

On the occasions when I do go forth among the masses I do wear makeup to hid my imperfections to my face due to aging. On one occasion when my wife was visiting our daughter 2,000 miles away I thought I had free reign for a week. I was totally dolled up including makeup and nail polish. Great way to start the day until my daughter-in-law called asking me to bring over a key to her house because she looked her keys inside and she had to get to work and the granddaughter had to get to school. That was the fastest scrub job I ever did. Since then I even forego many opportunities to use makeup.

Hope to see some pictures of your new gown.

At home it is too much work unless I'm looking to practice or try a different look. But if I am going out, make up is a must. Otherwise I am a man in a dress, make up smooths out your complexion, Shadow and liner brings out the eyes.

Well I certainly can't go out with out a complete paint job. but I do try to keep it minimal.
    The answer in one word is definately YES
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Silver Member
    At home, only lipstick and jewelry. Ditto on short drives. Added on longer, dressed drives: lipstick, eyebrows, shadow, pencil liner and blush (never foundation due to skin challenges). My mobile closet's visor mirror has been my makeup mirror for years.

I always wear eye makeup and lipstick when I am en femme. If I do not put on foundation I at least "rouge" my cheeks.
    Hugs, Carole

Aspiring Member
    it is not necessary, but make the time more enjoyable.
    Sara

Yes and no. The only and I mean only perk of getting older is my male beard is all white. Matches my hair. So I actually don't need foundation anymore. Just a close shave and then maybe a bit of blush but certainly lip stick. I can't dress without lipstick.

I guess it depends on how much time I have... I always want to, but many times I don't have time for it.

If I’m leaving the house, absolutely. I’m not into the MIAD look so always out of the house. At home however if I’m staying in then I’ll skip it.