Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you switch with your partner on role reversal ??

Have you switch with your partner on role reversal ??

I don't know if there is any thread on this subject. I would like to know if someone that wife or girlfriend knows about his CDs habit, has switch with his partner on role reversal. Does it happen frequently ??
    I am the last one.
    The world upside down

basically I have, My wife knows that I am a cder but to what extent she probably has no clue how much I do get dressed but in a DADT policy.
    I do the cooking and cleaning 5 days a week and babysit our grandson 3 days a week. Saturday and Sunday she can do what I forgot to do lol
    I cook her breakfast before she goes to work and when she comes home she will have a nice dinner after she unwinds.
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I have a friend in just such a relationship. It's wonderful for them.
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 05-10-2018 at 09:30 PM.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Not exactly. I wouldn't call what Monnica (my so, I'm the gg) and I have 'role reversal', but I let her be as feminine as she wants and I feel this intrinsic need to protect her. I am not pretending to be a man, I have no desire to, but I treat her as a man (might?) treat a woman in bed. Sometimes it works, sometimes we need to modify it for her so we both get the best out of it. I would also never say we are acting as a "lesbian" couple might, either. We just do us, do our thing, and it works out wonderfully (for the most part - lol It is still a learning curve.).

Are you in a relationship with an accepting GG? I'm sorry, I don't know your story, I'll have to look.

-g

Aren’t we past the concept of “gender roles” yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    If we were there would not be any Crossdressing or Transgender.

But to the OP, yes we have and do on occasion. Back a few years ago before my health went down I took on her role almost daily for my enjoyment and to aide her with the household chores and responsibilities. It was and still is a win-win situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

The avvy pic isn't me
    I'll second that!

But the question confuses me a bit; if there is already a role reversal, isn't a switch putting things back? Or am I being a grammar cop?

Cass

I don't know if this question should be answered on the basis of who cooks, cleans, is the breadwinner, makes the bed, washes the car, kills a spider, pays the bills, picks the movie to watch, decides "our" taste in furniture, cuts the grass, clears the drain, shops for food, etc...

Or maybe we are talking about the bedroom?

Overall, in my house, we do what needs to be done and don't pay attention to who does it.

If I answer the question as written, I would say that I don't want my wife to act as a man so we aren't looking for a role reversal.

Nope. She allowed herself to take any role she wanted, but I had to stick to being the all male husband. Sexually, she didn't like being the top. So I guess she sort of topped from bottom, essentially dictating what was okay to happen and what was not. And if what I wanted to happen wasn't what she wanted to happen, nothing happened.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Due to my wife's health issues, I am doing both roles. Because she is a very open minded, non traditional person, she has no problem with me doing all of the indoor stuff dressed as a woman, which I do every day. I sometimes like feeling like a housewife, but taking that on as a serious "role reversal" honors the patriarchy. That is something I will not do, having been oppressed by it for my entire life. Whatever I can do, in a socially responsible manner, to undermine the gender binary, I sincerely hope I have the courage to do.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Loved your post April, well said and kudos to you and your wife.

I like to envision a day (who knows if it'll ever happen, even half way, or how many hundreds of yrs it'll take) when couples no longer follow 'roles', but just do as needs done.
    We each have our likes and dislikes, some are better at one thing than another (without pre-conceived gender norms), but humans if they put forth the effort, can make it work to both partners satisfaction.

Sound about right Micki?

My ex/gf who I lived with for 2 yrs, knew all of me and we shared everyday household duties without it being anything special.
    But what constitutes role reversal? That's the big question here, and yeah, it would seem to imply more than household duties.

Cass
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 05-11-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Our relationship basically two women in love. I did role reversal when we did a few drag shows friends talked us into. Sher was Cher and I was Sonny and I was Lee Greenwood and Sher as Nancy Sinatra singing parts. We met as Sher and Di and fell in love and married.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Never role reversal with a partner, but some girlfriends wanted to try it out on some of the boys we knew years ago.

It was fun and we got some of those boys to do a little role reversal as well.

Yes they thought it was a hoot. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've always been a bit domestic as far as cleaning and cooking. My first wife was from Kentucky and did most of all of that and I just helped when needed and took care of the garage and so on. Now with my second wife we share all that as well but more 50/50 so the proportions vary 60/40, 20/80...you get the picture. Same goes in the bedroom. She will sometimes refer to us as lesbian lovers and I'll slip a dress or negligée on and other times 100% man/women (me/her or her/me)

Concur with sometimes_miss the intimacy rules are all about who ever has a vagina controls the where,when, and how. Avoiding pregnancy is one thing, but witholding affection for untold reasons or leveraging power within a relationship is another. The long run is develop your imagination to fullfill your thoughts and desires. A bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Is there role reversal, no not really. In our home we divide the chores and get the work done. I am retired and she is still working, so at this moment, I am doing more than her. In the bedroom, never, regardless of what I, or she may be wearing, I do the leading, that's just the way it is. The only area where she leads is when it comes to cooking, I do some of the cooking, but she decides what we are having. How I am dressed has nothing to do with roles.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Banned Read only
    Lucia,
    I have a feeling you are implying more than one aspect of role reversal.

To reply as others have , I did all the cooking , cleaning and most other jobs before I separated , I'm so glad I did as I can now take good care of myself .

Now the implication of CDing with gender reversal , some would love to go that route but not many wives/ partners want to play that game . OK it can go from a bit of fun wearing a maid outfit to some questionable third party involvement .

So what question are you asking and are you hoping to experince a little role reversal ? It might be hard to say how frequent it is as it usually goes on behind closed doors .

Platinum Member
    Hi Lucia , Not in this lifetime, Only in my dreams. >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm not sure if this is what you means by switched. But once, a long time ago before my wife even knew about my CDing, we went out switched for Halloween. She went as the butler and I was the French maid.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 05-14-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

^Agree.

My SO and I don't have gender roles, just things we prefer doing and are therefore better at. For example, I love to cook (have loved it all my life) and so I do most of it. I also love to work with my hands and enjoy doing any finishing work (i.e. tiling) around the house. We both dislike lawn work so we either both get at it or we hire someone. We each do our own laundry, our own bills, our own car maintenance. I tend to have stronger aesthetic preferences about my surroundings (i.e. furniture, decor) vs. my SO's rather utilitarian approach, so I choose the comforters, etc.

In terms of conversation, I talk about the same things to both my female and male friends: current events, politics, updates to personal lives; there are no "gendered" topics. One size fits all.

Or did you mean gender-role reversal in bed? I suppose some couples stick to traditional missionary positions and any switch might be considered a gender-role reversal. But, if couples habitually switch things around a bit, then the question is moot. If on the other hand you meant using props, you might want to ask if your wife or girlfriend is open to this. Some GGs are and some are not.
    Reine

Who is we? All members here? Everyone in the world? Some people might be past roles that have been dictated by gender for centuries, but not everyone. Even if I am, the wife may have different ideas.

To the OP, Nope. Never in any relationship I've been in was it ever suggested that I'll be the girl and she'll be the guy.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

My wife forbids my CD, however: She does't own a dress, owns no high heels, seldom wears a bra, has hair much shorter than mine, almost never wears make up, seldom wears lipstick, prefers to do the bills, make large purchase decisions and well you get the idea. I underwear (stealthfully) my panties and bra when I cook and most of the kitchen work, clean, laundry, put away clothes and organize her closet and dressers. I decorate the house, take care of our houseplants and flowers and on. I own dresses, wear a bra every day, own and wear slips and baby dolls and other lingerie Other than that I am the man and she is the woman.

Our Prime Minister talked about there being "boys' jobs and girls' jobs" in a cringeworthy interview some months ago, with "putting the bins out" her example of a male task. We don't subscribe to that sort of gender role split, preferring to share things fairly and according to what we are best suited to.

In my case that does involve putting the bins out but I also do all the cooking. I've only done the latter as Rachel though

Not role reversal here but I grew up helping mom sweep the floor and doing the dishes, putting our own clothes in the wash basket and hanging them out on the line to dry. ( tells ya how old I am we didn't have a washing machine or dryer---try this you young ones... Lol even helped peel potatoes and we always swept the floor after each meal. Dad worked hard outside and I had the chores to attend to like milking a cow every morning before school and then turning her out to pasture keeping her calf in the pen. She'd be waiting for me at the gate to get in to her calf when I got off the bus from school. The calf would get half the utter and I'd get the other half to milk and and take to the house. I still to this day help my wife cook, and then usually help get the dishes in the dish washer, vacuum and I do nearly all the laundry.
    My wife has told me many times I'd make somebody a great wife if she ever dies. Maybe so but just grew up helping around the house and working outside also, so really no reversal. Our sex life is still about the same as when we married except it has slowed down a lot on her part. The dressing used to make me very frisky but now not so much but more now just a natural feeling of peace and enjoyment. This is why I can't figure why my wife supported my dressing for so many years and now it's almost a DADT, but she still appreciates my help in and around the house, while keeping the farm going also..... GGs can't do with them or with out them. I still love mine though.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    We don't really construct our relationship in terms of allocating jobs,so no role reversal.for instance I can put together a lovely meal,yet I'm totally clueless with D.I.Y. Although I do most of the housework these days as my wife's health isn't the best
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson