Thread: Nice things happened

Silver Member

Nice things happened

Here's a slightly different slant .... Tell us something that happened or was said to you that was really nice and made you feel so good on your first time out.

For me, my girlfriends said "You will enjoy shopping for dresses with us, we will help you try them on."

I was mortified until the first dress I tried made me look like a great Saturday Night date.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My first "real" time out, fully dressed with makeup, not just going to a TCNE gathering, I went to a nail salon for a manicure. The tech knew I was male, but the manager/owner referred to me as a "lady" and "her", and that gave me the confidence to just be myself all day long.

To be perfectly honest, the best from my first time out was the fact that no one said anything. I think that was better than overly generous with compliments that really just boil down to “I know you’re a guy but I want you to know I’m cool with it”

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Really can't remember if anything was said on my first time out.
    The one time I went to a lady's business enfemme she didn't realize it was me.
    She said yes ma'am can I help you?
    I said hello in my guy voice and she said wow you have such a sultry deep voice for a woman.
    It took a minute but she figured it out.

Not the first time out... when I went to the Leather Rose here in Chicago, I got a couple of compliments on my faux leather pants. And the hostess said she appreciated that I was not a "sissy".

Aspiring Member
    My first time out was to my therapist, and shopping afterwards. Her comment was that I had a nice classic look. I was feeling hesitant about going shopping while dressed after our session, so I asked if she thought I could go shopping looking as I did and she replied "I don't see why not". So I did and it was a wonderfully liberating experience!

I went into a small dress shop and the woman working said that I walked better in heels than she did.

It was at a shopping session at Blame Betty (sadly, they are gone now). I was trying on a circle skirt and the SA was looking at it on me. I could see she was carefully assessing the fit and all that. Then she had me turn around and was checking the fit at the back. She moved my hair out of the way, stuck her finger in the waist band, that sort of thing. All in the most natural way before saying, “that’s a perfect fit, it looks good on you”. She suggested a petticoat which I tried on and I eventually bought both.

I had a similar experience recently at Long Tall Sally. I mentioned it in another post, but the important point to me was the critical eye the SA’s focussed on the clothes and how they fit me.

It is nice to be treated as a person who just wants to look as good as they can regardless of their limitations.

Alana

Banned Read only
    Jenny,
    I have to say there's very little to say about the negative side .

I nicest thing for my first night out at my social group which was an anniversary buffet and dance was from a TS who said if I wish to transition I would be a natural ! I've never forgotten that and always thank the person most times when I see her .

The first time I went out the bar tender said "Welocme dear".Made me instantly drop all my fear.

Platinum Member
    So many experiences blend together. One stands out from my first visit to a friendly night club. I was approached by two younger women who obviously knew I was trans and were immensely interested in talking with me. I felt incredibly welcomed and accepted.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    First time out for me was at local CD/TG support group.just being out with others who were just like me felt great.I was on my own at first,bit smongst them and at the bar afterwards I was made to feel most welcome,it was first time I was addressed with female pronouns by my new friends,and staff.Quite honestly I've never looked back
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

My outstanding day was trans march picnic day last year , which was kind of like a first day out in the city, which I chronicled here: https://medium.com/search?q=you%20lo...20that%20dress

The second day that involved really feeling at home in a community was at the college ceramic show, where I slipped coming down the stairs, with my sundress blowing up and me skidding down the steps into a room full of people. The sympathy and clucking about how tricky heels were was really sweet- it communicated perfect acceptance.

Later as I was walking down the street a young female Greenpeace canvasser hollered from across the street- "Hey, I have to meet you! I love your outfit-who are you?? "Then she quizzed me and it was clearly something important to her. I stood and talked about halfhour with her and her male partner, and became a Greenpeace supporter after learning so much about what they were doing. As we talked my dress kept flaring up in the wind gusts and she dryly observed I was having 'a lot of Marilyn moments'- again with a sweet knowing, as she would for any girl not knowing enough about dresses and wind.

Another young woman came back after passing and said "I just have to tell you that you rock those heels!"- I felt she would have liked to stay and talk- but she was in a group moving fast.

Needless to say, I want to go back every year. Art events are a great place to feel at ease crossdressed.
    Last edited by phili; 05-25-2018 at 10:25 PM.
    We are all beautiful...!

The nicest thing was that I got through it without incident and I felt amazing
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

My first time did not go so well, it took me a couple of years and a lot of work on my confidence (I wanted to say appearance but confidence is the right word) to get the courage to go out again.

not a first time out, but there is a store I lot stop stop at while out. My first time I was there, the clerk was a bit cautious (I am not passible). But after that, when I stop we chat and have even taken a couple of photos together. She is just friendly and make my outing complete.

Not my first time but a little while back, a sales lady at a shop I visit a time or two a month took interest in me and my dressing. She wanted my number and we now text everyday and are best friends. Im 42 and she is In her 50’s. Meeting her and our friendship that developed has been a fantastic experience the past several months. When I go out, I know Im not 100 percent passable but I dont try to be somebody Im not. She liked the fact that I was always my genuine authentic self and not an act. Ive been totally honest with her about who I am and everything. This has caused a blossoming friendship to develop. Neither of us are looking for romance. I am married to a very un-supporting wife and its been fantastic having somebody who understands to chat with everyday.

It just happened, so it is still fresh- the best part was the fact that I went out, hung out in a trans bar, and walked around town afterwards and no one acted like it was at all out of the ordinary, even just walking around town.

Jenny,

Like many my first times out involved not interacting with folks, indeed more avoiding them while out walking in the evenings.

My first time interacting with folks was when attending a social group. So no surprise on being warmly welcomed. The thing that did stick out was I'd dressed in a pencil skirt and heeled strappy sandals with a black vee necked top (over a coset of course) showing, even if I say so myself, a convincing cleavage. Sat chatting to one of the gurls she suddenly stopped and said, "You know, you look really hot!" Yep, those are the complements any gurl would want to hear.

My first time out was about 3 months after I'd come out (read: got caught) to my wife. I was on a long distance bike trip (250 miles), staying at nice B&B's or old town hotels along the way. As I would spend nearly a week alone on the trip I decided to take a dress and a few femme things for my evenings. [Didn't take my wig due to the wear & tear of back packing on a bike.]
    The evening of my first stop I stayed at a hotel in a small ag town with a city square. I dressed. Took a deep breath. Stepped outside as Ilene for the first time and walked down the town square to one of the only restaurants open in this sleepy little town.

I asked for and was seated on the sidewalk seating outside, and kept a "safe" distance from other customers. I was, for all purposes, scared sh*tless. I think the expression on my face says it all (photo snapped by my waitress).
    My waitress (a small town girl herself; young 20s), was probably the first person ever to receive Ilene in public. She made a few silent passes at the table. Delivered water and silverware. She took my drink order and spoke. When she returned in the middle of my first glass of wine the did one of those things (like Mickey Finn described further down the thread), as: "...overly generous with compliments that really just boil down to “I know you’re a guy but I want you to know I’m cool with it”.

She first told me how cute I looked and she loved the dress. THEN .... she went on and on about how she has some "gay friends", and some transgender people she knew; and she was entirely cool with it. I knew she was trying to be nice. I almost felt sorry for causing the poor girl discomfort by coming in dressed up in such a manner.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Nothing nice (or bad) happened on my first time out. But one of the first times a female cashier said "Oh, you look so pretty!"

Another time a female security guard took one look at me, and started following me everywhere I went. I purged that outfit as soon as I got home. If that ever happens again, I'd probably say to the guard something like "If you're going to follow me around, at least tell me how you think this would look on me."

I told my wife about myself shortly before we were married. On our honeymoon a couple of months later, she arranged for us to stop on our return trip about midway home in Raliegh, NC. The plan was to stay at a hotel within walking distance of a popular gay club, and have me dress and we would walk down to the club (walking distance so we could both have a few drinks and not worry about driving). The young man checking our ID's inside the door gave mine a twice over, and then smiled and said to me "You are ROCKING it!!"

I had never been outside before (unless you count being on the back porch), but especially never in the public. It was a very nice thing for him to say, and it made my confidence soar
    In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

been friends for 20 years, told her What i am, she came round accepted what I am, melted, date may 2018