Thread: What a week !!

Banned Read only

What a week !!

What a week it's been , I don't mean in Sherry's terms of a glitzy week in Vegas but more Rogina's , " Gumption Teresa !" type week .

Without going into all the details again, most here know I've separated from my wife , we split the house sale 50-50, I moved to a cheaper area to buy my new home and also leave enough in the pot to buy a small property for a rental income to supplement my pensions . Finally,finally the deal is done ! I could have built it quicker than it took for the legal system to work it all out but now I'm a landlord , or is that a landlady ? There was still some loose ends to tie up so Friday morning I dressed in skirt and Tshirt slipped some comfortable wedges on and drove into town, first park in a busy public carpark and buy my ticket then off to the letting agents office to get my lease details signed over . I haven't met the girl in the office before so she now only knows me as Teresa ( That is a first for me ,) . She was lovely , the first thing she noticed was we both had the same glasses so we chatted about that for a few minutes . The one down side is I had to take my passport for idetification purposes , so we had a laugh about that , it was very staight forward the business was soon finished . My next stop was a walk down the High Street to the Estate Agent to check all the paperwork was in order and check if I had keys to collect for the property . The usual girl was out and she has seen me both in drab and dressed . I did put the young sales guy in a bit of a fluster so a pretty girl took over ( With dare I say too much mascara but it did look good !) she soon sorted the details out and chased the remaining keys from the previous owner . So I had time to kill before my appointment for my blood donation .

I had always meant to revisit the hotel we used for our social meetings , it had gone very pear shaped over one of our members comments on a review site for the Hotel. I enjoyed the hotel in the short time, we had some great meetings . I asked at the reception desk for the function manager , she is a lovely person. I told her that I felt an apology should be made to her personally and as no one else had bothered I felt it wouldn't do any harm. She was grateful to see me and apreciated the thought . I then asked if we had totally burnt our boats or could there be a chance we return if we wanted to vary our meeting sites , she said several times how much she personally missed our group but the senior management had made the decision and that was final , I thanked her for her time and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek , I apologised for leaving lipstick on her cheek which she thought was funny.

So now to the biggy ! Donating blood for the first time dressed . The traffic was bad and I was almost late for my appointment time, so it was a rush to check in , the waiting area had about a couple of dozen people waiting , so struggling with a jacket and handbag I managed to get the obligatory plastic beaker and a pint of water to be drunk before the donation . Like all arrivals in a waiting area most eyes were on me , so I got my water as casually as I could, gathered myself and found a seat. I glanced around the room and guessed the male/female mix was about 50-50 , then my old thread came to mind about someone wearing a skirt it must be a CDer , sure enough I was the only one in the room wearing a skirt , I had to smile at the fact that all of the women were wearing trousers of some sort and the only skirt was being worn by a guy ! Then my full male named was called in front of them all , so then a few eyebrows were raised , so I said that I really must do something about the name , one or two smiled back . The screening nurse was lovely, first she said she loved my glasses , then took a real good look at me and said don't worry you're doing more than just fine ! So now the drop test it was just borderline so she tried the analyser , and failed me , I was 132 and the pass for a man is 135 , it's happened before but no big deal I've donated 68 pints so far anyway, maybe next time .
    My last stop was the Matalan store for some ladies trousers , I've told the story in the shopping section , " Eat your jeans !" . The last thing I expected was to be wolf whistled by a GG in the women's changing room so that was a first along with finally succombing to buying jeans .

Satuday,
    Was another biggy for me , to revisit my old town dressed to see a film about Monet's life at the Art Centre cinema where my mum also helps out . I have to admit I was nervous , it did beg the question what to wear if your mum was about to see you for the first time . ( That wouild make a good question to ask in a thread ! ) I fell back on my LBD which has been wonderful , maybe a little dressy but it ticked most of the boxes, also not to overdo the accessories and go careful on the make up . The film started at 7.00pm so I arrived at 6.15 , first stop washroom , no problem next I went to the bar to get a lemon and lime drink , most of the seats were taken so I asked a couple if I couild sit at their table . We got into a wonderful convesration about painting , the wife wouldn't stop looking directly into my eyes and the husband was very pleasant but like most men wouldn't make eye contact . I made them laugh about Monet sometimes using a palette knife to slap thick layers of paint on and then I added much like me putting my makeup on , the wife nodded in agrteement and admitted being terrible at it . I left them to check at the reception desk to see if my mum was on duty , the lady knows me very well from many meetings but it just didn't register who I was , finally she clicked onto the voice , her eyes nearly popped out . The answer was no my mum wasn't on duty but I did point out that she knows about my dressing but perhaps she shouldn't mention my appearance . I took my seat in the cinema which was almost full , I sat next to two ladies who didn't have a clue about me , they just chattered away to me before the show, the guy on the other side found his seat as the lights were going down so all he could see were my knees in stockings and a female outline and maybe a little whiff of perfume . I sat with my knees together with my handbag on my knee , as the performance progressed I noticed his knee spreading further apart and his right one edging towards mine , I couldn't help smiling to myself if only he knew but the fact is he didn't. That was a wonderful moment to be in this situation and everyone round thinks I'm a woman !

So that's my week (nothing terrible happened as many of us fear) , I hope I haven't gone on too long but sharing these stories may just help someone to take that extra step themsleves , I hope so I do like reading other member's outings .

Wonderful for you. The s--t is out of the way and your life is becoming fun and what you want. Have fun

Platinum Member
    Great week, except the theater part. I'm afraid I would not have been particularly lady-like if some stranger sought to touch me in a darkened theater...or lighted one, for that matter. That would have gone done in my list as a terrible happening.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wonderful story Teresa. But you should have used your deepest, burliest man voice on that guy... "hey, watch it buddy"
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Great story, Teresa, very entertaining, and it is obvious that you are fully coming into your own now with very few bridges left to cross (no pun intended ) as you move towards living fulltime "en femme".

And to top it all off, you nearly had your very own #metoo moment in the cinema, what with that very forward man sitting beside you and making inappropriate moves towards you . I guess it just goes to show that when living in "girl world", you sometimes have to take the bad along with the good...

Banned Read only
    Samm/Kim,
    The guy wasn't a problem , it didn't bother me I'm not into them anyway so I know I could dealt with him the point was it was a backhanded way of saying I did pass in those circumstances , not unless he'd just fallen asleep , I'm afraid the film was not a good production .

I must admit the blood donation situation gave me more concern and the chances of bumping into my mother in the Art Centre .

The main point was I knew I'd taken quiet a lot on , it's only a few weeks since I'd moved and it's going better than I expected . My fears over dressing appropriately , my makeup passing scrutiny , I have to admit my new wig has helped with my confidence . Next week is again going to be interesting as I'm visiting my doctor to get my feet checked over .

Leslie,
    I expect those moments are going to happen , whether the guy is totally mistaken or he's into CDers but I can deal with it , if I'm looking for anything it would be a female companion, if it happens it would be great but I'm not trying to push that issue .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-03-2018 at 07:25 PM.

Enjoyed the read and I'd say you really had a busy week. You are way too busy, slow down and enjoy everything life gives you from here on out.... I know that's easy to say but I've not walked a mile in your heels... It's funny about the guy sitting next to you bet he thought he found a cute looking girl.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Teresa, Nothing surprises me about your being seen and responded to as a woman. You already know I think you are beautiful and pass very well. I do think you might need a lesson on how vulnerable woman can be even in public places. I understand "the compliment" but I also know a thing or two about bullies, jerks and predators. Please be careful next time and ask the guy if he would like you to call the manager or security. But you do look great.

Teresa,
    You are getting into the swing of things and making progress.

Keep up the good work and stay happy.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Bev,
    You sound like one of my old my school reports , but nice words all the same .

Stephanie,
    I'm still not conviced he hadn't gone to sleep ! Thanks for your kind words I would the say compliment is easliy returned you always look very good and attractive .

What a week indeed!

A word of advice do not let a guy get away with inappropriate behavior get up and move do not rationalize the strangers intentions . I’m telling you this from my own experience . Be safe and keep enjoying life.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Theresa it sounds as if you have had a great week - it must be wonderful to just be yourself and be accepted for that.
    Sasha