Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MIAD At The Movies

MIAD At The Movies

I've been in love with wearing feminine things since I was very young. I tried on a pair of my mom's pantyhose at 5 years old and was instantly hooked.

Over the years, I've kept it low-key out of fear of what would happen if anyone "discovered" that I like to wear girly things.

Now, very near my 47th birthday, and on the heels of my favorite uncle passing, I've given a lot of thought to my fears and have come to one conclusion: I'm denying my authentic self! It has to change, and change quickly.

So, to face my fear head on, I'm going to dress in a lovely skirt, black hose and cute ballet flats. Then I'm going to go see a movie.

This is a HUGE step for me, in convincing myself that the sky won't fall if the general public sees me in a skirt. I'm not interested in passing or even trying. I just love dressing that way and want desperately to be accepted as exactly what I am - a man in feminine clothes.

My ticket is already bought and paid for. The movie starts at 10:30 tonight. Wish me luck, but most of all, success in actually following through.

Positive vibes!

Marika

Good luck, Marika. I hope everything goes well.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Enjoy the movie.

Oh Miss Darrah - I know exactly what you mean. I wish I had your bravery. I would die to do the same, but just can't bring myself to act on it. It would have consequences that I just can't accept.

Trapped

You're about to go in as I write this, but I am sure it will be exactly as you wish, since you are determined to just own the right to wear a dress, and I have yet to find anyone in a public place who can articulate why I don't. The worst thing I've experienced is very occasionally someone laughing as I approach, or hearing sniggers behind me, and I was happy to find I didn't care.

Enjoy this and many more. And come to SF- the only thing better for public education than one MIAD is more than one!
    We are all beautiful...!

Marika,
    All the best to you. I hope you enjoyed your movie. I have no courage to do that yet. But lately, I've been having my lunch on the front porch. There is some shrubbery but not much as it still early spring and I can be seen from the sidewalk and passing cars and transit buses (it's a rather busy street). I am not too concerned about strangers seeing me but I don't want to be too obvious to my neighbours. Such is the life of a miad.

Phili,
    I always enjoy your posts. You have the courage that I lack.
    Last edited by GeorgeA; 05-13-2018 at 12:16 AM.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Well, I did it!

It was largely a non-event. A few chuckles, more than a few double takes and sideways glances, but nothing I didn't expect. I suspect most of the people saw me as an oddity and didn't dwell on it. Maybe it was my mohawk LOL!

I'll snap a photo and post it here when I get home so you all can see the fearsome miad-hawk.

Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement. It means more than I can say that virtual strangers could make such supportive friends. Y'all are exactly my kind of weird. ;-P

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Here I am, in all my silly glory. Maybe it was my big clown feet they were staring at...
    20180513_014746.jpg
    I had to resize the photo to stay in the good graces of the forum rules, but if you'd like to see the full-size photo, I also uploaded it to imgur: https://imgur.com/a/o7procJ

PS: This is the first time I've felt confident enough to post my face in a CD photo. Maybe I'm just riding a high from facing my fear. Maybe I'm just ready to be my authentic self. In any event, I hope you've enjoyed my account of this adventure.
    Last edited by marika_jaye; 05-13-2018 at 02:46 AM.
    It's spelled Marika, but it's pronounced Janey!
    Appreciate the beauty in the current moment, because the past is gone and tomorrow never comes.
    Janey's Amost Secret Crossdressing Blog: http://marikajaye.blogspot.com

Cool, hope you have fun.

This is me at a great chic flick "The Guernsey Literary and potato peel pie society", last Tuesday (Tuesday is our cheap night, that brings out the masses and fills all the seats)

IMG_20180508_174717.jpg
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Good for you. You have crossed a big barrier and it will get easier. On the whole people are accepting and you don't look like a threat to them.

Marika, I wish you well.

It takes a lot of courage to do it like you want to.

I prefer to disguise myself as a girl.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Glad you had a wonderful MIAD experience.

That is awesome! You are an inspiration. I have to get myself out again soon wearing "what I like". It's been too long.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Wish I was brave enough to do that. Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by jazmine View Post
    That is awesome! You are an inspiration. I have to get myself out again soon wearing "what I like". It's been too long.
    It was daunting, for sure. I could feel eyes on me and hear sniggering whether it was at my expense or not (maybe they were giggling at the movie). I was a ball of nerves and toward the end I got a little apprehensive. So much so that I left before the post-credit scene.
    Appreciate the beauty in the current moment, because the past is gone and tomorrow never comes.

Good for you!
    https://balletflatsformen.wordpress.com/

Formidable!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    It's natural to feel as though all eyes are on you. Trust me, practically no one notices or cares.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Marika,

Oh, girl. We know your story well. It's our story too. Middle age, nearing senior maturity. Coming to grips with the self-loathing and denial that follows a man who enjoys an inner woman. All very tough to admit and even more difficult to address within the confines of a Real Life that needs family, career, friends, etc. Good luck, dear. With all my forum heart, I wish you well. Read through all the threads on this forum. You'l find the words and means to become comfortable. This is a way.

I know you're going with the basics; a skirt and hose. But may I suggest a nice dressy blouse. Eventually perhaps a wig and makeup. Personally I prefer to go "all the way" when I go out. I too know I couldn't possibly pass, but I think it comes across better as a total visual and fashion package with the added touches.

Finally (and foremost), congratulation on the courage. I often tell those who take my CD/TG as a sign of some "feminine weakness", that it takes a real man to wear a dress. If you (as a full 'normal' male) want to see how much guts and courage you have, put on a dress and go about in public. Those first steps are amazing. You will recall these first days with joy.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Good for you, I am not a MIAD but I admire your strength. Good Job! And thanks for sharing. Brenda

I wish I had your courage!
    luv J

I also wish I had your courage, but I did promise my wife I'd keep it all in the house( I do go out on the back porch though) I'm a date devil.... Lol

Well done Marika! Like you I am a MIAD and have been out a few times walking wearing a skirt over leggings and met quite a few people whilst doing so but no one has ever made a negative comment.

One time after my walk it was getting late and I needed to pick something up from the shop so rather than go home I decided to go as I was. I walked from the car park to the shop, wearing a short skirt over leggings and knee high boots with a jacket on top, did my shopping and walked back to the car and no one seemed to even notice. I underdress all the time and nothing has ever been said despite the outline of my bra under my shirt being fairly obvious.
    Sasha

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Welcome to the rest of your life. You will be a better person for it and finally begin to appreciate the wonderful person you obviously are.

Ilene,

I don't really desire to pass or "go all the way" into female presentation. I just find skirts, dresses, feminine footwear and hosiery / undergarments more comfortable than their masculine counterparts, in addition to liking the way they look. I believe it's unfair that men are held to a different standard than women, and that we should have just as much freedom to wear traditionally feminine fashions as women have to traditionally masculine garments, without being considered effeminate, weak or sexually confused.

Great for you. That is something on my list. Have been out and dressed many times with sisters, but really want to go to the movies by myself.