Thread: Wardrobe Malfunction

Wardrobe Malfunction

So last Friday I got all gussied up and headed out to the monthly CD support group meeting. These usually last a couple of hours and then we head out to a bar or restaurant. Well after the meeting I wanted to do a little shopping at one of our local drug chain stores (London Drugs in Canada). I head in, chat with the pharmacist, and head out the door. I'm wearing a skirt I bought at one of the local charity second hand clothing stores. This is the first time I wore it. I thought it fit pretty well. I get about half way across the parking lot to my car and this skirt decides it's defied gravity far too long. Whooosh down it goes. I'm standing there in a pantry girdle and stockings for all to see. Yikes!!! I grab the skirt and pull it up. Not too far away was a group of younger people. I can hear the two girls chatting and giggling. One says to the other "no don't laugh!"

Well what can you do. Onward and upward. I did head to the bar to meet the rest of the group. Needless to say I kept a close eye on that skirt for the rest of the evening.

I think I need to do some alerations.........
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

I am glad you handled it so well. I had the same thing happen in an upscale restaurant. I was so embarrassed!

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I love that. Why don't these funny things ever happen in front of me? Actually, having said that I did see a 'smart phone zombie' walk into a lampost last week, that was funny.

It is fair to say there is deliberately very little friction on the surface of slips and stockings, once it got past your hips it was only ever going to accelerate to the floor

Edit: Helens post about her wig reminds me of my best ever viewing of a wardrobe malfunction. About 30 years ago I worked in an office. One of my colleages was bald and wore a toupee (a real expensive top quality job). Anyway, he was super sensitive about it so no-one ever mentioned it or let on that is was obvious to anyone it was a wig. So, I'm walking down the hill at luchtime next to the office building and this guy is about 50 feet in front of me. There is an almighty storm raging, rain, gales the full monte. Just as we approach the corner a huge gust of wind comes around the building and takes the toupee clean off. Up it goes about 30 feet into the air as the owner looks on in blind panic. It lands in a puddle in the middle of the road right next to me. As I watched its trajectory I saw a bus coming down the hill and after it lands I watch in amazement as the bus driver, smiling like a mad man, deliberately swerved the bus to make sure he ran over said hairpiece with both axles. What to do? I stepped into the road and retrieved the 'roadkill' then walked over to our mortified friend and offered it to him saying, with a straight face, "I believe this is yours". We never discussed it again.
    Last edited by DaisyLawrence; 05-15-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Yep I have an elasticated waist skirt that's done that to me on two occasions. Needless to say I've not worn it in public since. Yours was a catastrophic failure, mine were more continental drift so as I walked the skirt moved slowly downwards so it was some time before I realised that I could see less of my legs (and those following could see more of my knickers!).

My other near miss was when sitting on a packed train I went to take my scarf off over my head and caught the back of my wig. Just stopped in time before it moved over my face. Trust me, trying to adjust a wig "casually" is neigh on impossible. I just had to wait till I got off the train.

The last time I had a makeover and went out i was getting into the car and I leaned over and one of my forms popped out onto the ground. There were only two of us there so it was fine. Later, though, we were at the restaurant and I dropped my phone. All I could think about was my boob popping out. I was very careful not to lean over too much.

Yep keep your skirt pulled up.... Lol we have so much wind here that the radio announcer usually tells the ladies that it's a skirt alert day. I guess yours was just opposite gravity alert night. Any way at least you did a good job of handling an embarrassing situation. All you can do is just grin and be a sport about it.

Banned Read only
    When I was in elementary school I saw that happen with a girl in my class when her half slip slid to the floor. She was mortified.

That's a good reason to wear dresses with a full slip underneath!

I find that half slips and the weak elastic have the most problems with me.

Iam constantly replacing elastic in my favourite petticoats.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You made a good argument for keeping a few safety pins in your purse for ‘emergency repairs’.

My worst malfunction so far was losing a hip pad on a crowded dance floor at an LGBTQ nightclub. I was wearing a moderately short skirt, and had worn a crotchless pair of stockings with my gaff thong and panties over the stockings, and my cloth covered foam hip pads were held in place by just the stockings. My idea had been that it would be easier to use the ladies room that way. It was also more comfortable than a girdle in the hot summer weather.

It had been fine through several hours of vigorous dancing. But just as the night was ending, all was well, and I went onto the dance floor with a charming fellow who had been chatting with me and buying me drinks. As we left the dance floor, I smoothed my hands over my hips and realized I was lopsided! One pad was three inches too low, and the other was missing entirely! My AWOL hip pad had apparently slipped enough to exit via the narrow opening at the back of my thigh, between the stockings and my panties. I frantically searched for it, but the dance area was packed, and I could not find it. By the time I gave up, the nice guy was gone as well, and I never did see him again. Dear God, it must have looked like I laid an egg! I was mortified, and quietly went home.

The next day I called the club, and was able to get the wayward aparrel item from their lost and found. Lesson learned, that night! Always either wear a tight ‘slip short’ to hold the pads more firmly, or safety pin them to my clothing!

I always carry a couple of safety pins in my purse, especially when I wear a skirt. For me that’s part of being a girl.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Too funny. I was out one night with friends and instead of wearing thigh highs under my dress, I'd opted for pantyhose...with, as it turns out, elastic problems. Didn't feel the waistband slowly rolling down as I'd had the pantyhose over top of my shaper and hip pads. Looked down at myself at one point while sitting, and noticed my predicament. Tried to find a way to correct the problem without anyone seeing, but know that was impossible. Oh well...

I have not had a malfunction like this but have witnessed several. Worked with a women and she was walking in front of me and her thigh high dove straight for her ankle. I turned around to lessen any embarrassment. Another was recently, in New Orleans with my buddies, and we are in a dive bar off the French Quarter. A wedding party comes in and the bride, who is about 45, is wearing a beautiful dress that is cut down to mid abdomen and barely holding her in. At some point she bends over and her girls spring out of the dress. The whole bar starts to cheer, she just stuffs them back in an goes on like nothing happened.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

One time I was running late for work and was wearing a full, belted A-line dress... Well when I pulled it over, the back of it got caught in the belt when I pulled over. Thank goodness I was wearing a shaper.