Thread: Royal Wedding

Royal Wedding

So the media is ready to explode with the Harry and Megan wedding and here's wondering if any of our contributors can pull off a Megan Markle imitation? Does not need to be a wedding gown presentation, but who can present closest to her look? Certainly not myself but many regular contributors here are here for challenged

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I couldn't but I know a member who could pull off a great Prince Harry impression

I don't really care about the personal lives of celebrities and I have even less interest "royalty".

But, I have watched the television show "Suits" from the beginning. She is one of many stunning women that make the show worth watching. I could never come close to achieving beauty like that.

I look exactly like her, in a closet with the door shut and no light.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I love her! She's too cute for words.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Have no interest in celebrity or royal happenings they are people just like everyone else.
    One difference is they "think" they are special and "above" everyone else.
    Huge egos are not a redeeming quality imo.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Me too Tracii. I have absolutely zero interest in the 'royals', (is that treason for a Brit to say that?) or any so called celebrities. I'll be watching the football!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

No lookalikes in our family but I have baked a cake to celebrate.

What's up with all the hats?

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey CD View Post
    What's up with all the hats?
    In VOGUE.
    Last edited by Stacy Darling; 05-19-2018 at 06:19 AM.
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

On the topic of the Royal Wedding

I should say, I'm not a monarchist per se - nor a celebrity worshipper, either, for that matter - but the people who grouse over the immense publicity that this event has attracted as well as the large amounts of money that were spent to stage it fail to recognize (or acknowledge) the financial benefits it has also brought to the U.K. as a whole, and which far outweigh the related expenditures. A more apt description might be "seed money" - an investment made to create a tourism-related revenue generator that has positively impacted all elements of British society - from the huge boost in travel-related services, restaurant meals, hotel accommodations, sales of mementos and souvenirs, as well as media coverage revenues etc., etc.. I doubt that the average Brit would have been happy to have foregone all of the economic spin-off benefits generated by this Royal wedding by not celebrating it in this manner had they realized beforehand the full extent of the boost to their economy that it has provided.

Then there is also the intangible benefit of putting Britain "back on the map", so to speak by again making it the focus of the world's attention (not unlike "Beatlemania")...a morale booster and a reminder of past glories that can act as a much-needed antidote to all the doom and gloom that is being propagated these days now that the Brexit has gone from being a luke-warmly embraced concept to soon becoming an actual, irreversible fact of life.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 05-20-2018 at 03:31 AM. Reason: edited to make more sense following deletions

Aviatrix in Waiting Melanie Moxon's Avatar
    Quite so Leslie, as far as I am aware the Royal family is self funded, every penny it earns goes directly into the state tax pot, it then gets given a sovereign grant based on that income from two years ago, which is used as necessary/they see fit. That of course does not cover the tourism money that they bring into the country that is also taxed, which goes into the same tax pot.

The UK would be far worse off without them, they are an asset.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I just haven't been able to care about royal weddings since 1776 🤣
    Life is too short to be boring.

Leslie, and Melissa, you are both right.
    Whatever your feelings about the Royal family, or celebrities, no one can deny the happiness generated around yesterday's wedding. My wife is originally from Windsor, and for once yesterday, she had total control of the TV remote. Just to see the happiness in her face , and the odd tear or two, was a real pleasure. And it also has to be said that the bride looked absolutely stunning, and her mother just so dignified.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 05-20-2018 at 03:32 AM. Reason: edited due to other deletions

Platinum Member
    Who is Megan & Harry?? , I must have missed that one Oh Well Probably nothing to see there anyway !!
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Royal Family bring nothing tangible to my life,to dress it up as working for us is a nonsense.Ask the homeless booted off the streets to give the watching world a sanitised view their opinions of the Royal family,£300,000 grand for her wedding dress is disgusting,and yeah were paying for it
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Aviatrix in Waiting Melanie Moxon's Avatar
    Except that it isn't about bringing something tangible to individuals lives in the UK, its about the benefits to the UK as a whole. As I said they are self funded, the UK public tax purse does not pay for the Royal Family, they get a %age back (Sovereign Grant) from the 100% tax that they pay on earnings. Plus they bring 100's of millions of pounds worth of tourism money into the UK on which tax is paid, businesses large and small make money from and which pays peoples wages at all levels.

Sadly the homeless get moved on all the time, I quite agree it's awful. But it's awful on any day and until the government does something about it rather than relying on charities and in some cases the homeless themselves actually wanting to seek help, it will continue to be the case.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    We will agree to disagree on the benefits,or not of the Royals.The sad plight of the homeless is we agree a blight on Britain
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Banned Read only
    The entire event was beautiful, so glad Great Britain does this, if they didn't we would never see a wedding like this. You could really see how much in love with each other Harry and Megan were. Hope this love between them lasts forever.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Holy crap Mellisa you have to pay a 100% tax out of your earnings?

I think a radical colour change would have to happen for me, blonde and fair to a darker complexion and black hair.

Definitely not me. Trying the gown on would be nice.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Living in the US I am not as familiar with the Royal Family as Brits would be, but I have never thought they thought they were better than everyone else. In fact many of them are very involved in multiple types of charities. At the latest wedding I never sensed that they were playing to the media for attention. Harry and Megan were very involved in paying attention to each other. I'm not much for weddings, but I did enjoy watching this one. That is until the US broadcasters began their explanation. I thought the women of the broadcast, and a couple of the men were gushing over the storyline to the point where I thought they might wet themselves. It was fun to watch, not so fun to listen to childish commentators tell what had just happened. Come on people, I watched it, I don't need you to explain what went on.

The Royal Family, and others who are wealthy, live in a different world than most of us. That does no mean to me that they are unworthy of our caring.

Love the Royals - the Queen and this new generation are probably the best in history (times were harder back then)
    I swore an oath to Queen and country.

Can you imagine swearing a life time oath to Donald or Theresa?
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Very well said, Rachel. My thoughts exactly.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress