Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And I thought I could just stop dressing....

Thank you all for listening.

Tonight is my last night to dress, and it's been three straight evenings of adrenaline. I am so glad I made the effort to do this. It's really been unbelievable. Would you believe I DIY'd a halter top and a denim mini tonight? So easy. And so cute.

My wife has no idea I do this. I have once offered the idea of what she would think if her husband wore women's clothes, and she was not open to it. So my guilt will kick in tomorrow morning. It'll kick me, all right.

Thank you all. Really. Hopefully you'll hear from me again in less than eight years.

I thought I could stop dressing too. I dressed a handful of times in college and maybe once or twice in the first five years of my marriage. I thought it was something I didn't need anymore. Until I needed it again.

Also another member in their 30s.

Amy. I had the same thought back in the 70's. I enlisted, wasn't a cure. I got married, wasn't a cure. I dressed every weekend and every liberty while I was serving.
    I lasted about one month after my wife and I wed. I thought about dressing every day for that month. My wife caught me when I did dress. I promised her that I would quit. My wife told me not to feed her a line of @#$&.
    53 years of dressing. Most of which I knew that there's no way to quit. Even if I wanted to.

Banned Read only
    You go gurl (AmyJ)

I've stuffed my fem things in bags so many times I've lost count. But it keeps calling be back. So, I found my comfort level. Morning and night. And during the day I usually wear a sports bra. Most of the time, in am, I'll put on some make up and my wig. A nice comfy dress. That is until it's time to get to work. I work at home, but it's outside. And it gets too hot for breast forms and the wig. Plus I have people showing up without warning all through the day.

But my mornings and evenings, that's when I put all the grease, stiff scratchy clothes in the laundry bag, and put on what I want to wear.

Stopped trying to give it 20 yrs ago. It just doesn't work and I wasn't happy with myself.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Platinum Member
    This is so familiar. I didn’t hold out 8 years...only 18 months, then some ups and downs.

So, I’m glad to hear that you have found your way back to yourself and can enjoy being a woman to the extent of your needs. I hope the same for myself!

As for the guilt...let it go. I know-easier said than done. But as I remind myself so often, it’s not a crime. You are simply expresssing a part of yourself and it’s a good part!
    Last edited by kimdl93; 05-23-2018 at 03:16 PM.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I've read too many stories here to ever fully purge my stuff. I just need to thin down my things from time to time as storage can be limiting.

Amy as they say you can run but you can't hide... lots of us stop dressing but we seem to always come back... you smile really says it all!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Congratulations on lasting eight years! I held out 2 years after the wedding and 18 months when wife gave me ultimatum 20 years later. The guilt and stigma comes from wanting to please wife and societal norms, but society is being more accepting. Wives change slower.
    It has been said the smile is the best curve to show and we can see the joy you felt. Even coming to this site and sharing helps ease, and for me looking at my pictures helps me thru times when I can’t fully dress.
    Hugs, Ellen

Silver Member
    I like Melissa's comment too. I put it another way, but less elegantly. "Dressing in women's clothing may not be exactly normal, but it's my normal."

Platinum Member
    Hi Amy , Crossdressing s like the Mafia, you just can't quit,

You can run, But you can't hide !

I have been in this program for 71years now and I don't see that ever changing. >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I could stop dressing if I wanted to, but how do I get myself to want to?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?