Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did she know?

Did she know?

I’ve seen a gorgeous pair of navy blue stilettoe sandals in my size (UK9) in a nearby thrift shop about a few weeks ago. Finally built up the courage to go in and get them yesterday. Two ladies and the counter - one joked “oh someone is going to be happy tonight, I wish my husband would get me some heels”, the other then just seemed to glance at the size, say “hmm” and then ring them up at the till - nothing else!! What do you think the chances are that she knew? =\

Pretty good I think

That is one of the assumption that we mistakenly do. Wouldn't your wife have big size feet? of course!
    I always complain with my wife while she thinks that someone could read for example my clear nail polish in my hands, but she has said nothing about my long hair, so it;s something that is just in our minds not on the rest of the people. chances are very low.
    I'd bought shoes for me in male mode in Ross several times and never saw an expression in their faces or anything else.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Yep they knew.

I agree, they knew.

Imagine how liberating it would be to actually own up to it.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I used to do the 'it's for my wife' thing, it rarely fooled anybody. I know it can be difficult buying things for yourself, but if I can do it, honestly, any one can. We need a picture of those heels by the way.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by Katie789 View Post
    I’- one joked “oh someone is going to be happy tonight, I wish my husband would get me some heels”, =\
    My response would have been something like, "I know. Right? My wife never buys heels for me!"

Silver Member
    Does it matter whether or not they know? Your answer should be "No, it doesn't matter" and then get out there and own it. Try the shoes on in store, then if someone asks, answer honestly that they are for you. You dont have to make any announcements that no one asked for. Just own your stuff and claim your right to the space you occupy.

I don't think it matters if she knew or not. It is none of her business what you buy or who you buy it for.

Does it really matter?

If you go back and they comment on the purchase, just shrug it off and tell them some tall story.

Maybe you just own it. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Your question shouldn't be, "Did they know?"

It should be, "Did they care?" Do u think they did? I'm betting they didn't! But, u shouldn't care anyway!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I suspect not too many men buy heels for their wives. UK9 = USA 9.5. That does not really qualify as a Bigfoot. Still, how many men have used that ruse in that store? I'd say you probably broke the ice with the two women, so you may as well become a regular customer. And, you may as well try them on to make sure the shoes fit well. In the USA Halloween is a great time to buy shoes in person and stock up. One year decades ago I bought pairs at several different Payless Shoes stores around Halloween using the old Halloween ruse.

My step daughter saw three pairs of size 9 shoes in a local charity shop and sent me an system with photos. It was a few days before I could actually go to the shop myself, by which time one pair had been sold, I didn't like one pair at all, but the ankle boots were just right. The lady at the counter commented on the boots, sort of how nice and such good condition. Because I had tried them on, she was in no doubt that they were for me, very pleasant, very helpful, so that whenever I am in that town, I go and browse the clothes and shoes.

Really, the only problem would have been if they refused to sell them to you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Maybe it was just a comment as women are always happy to get shoes.

It could also be you may have given them more clues than you think. You say you finally plucked up courage, they may have seen you before.

It could be they were just guessing.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

They knew. They cared. And they probably judged you.

Main thing is that they knew that someone was going to be Happy, and that Happy person was you! regardless! There are plenty of women with size 9+ feet as well as my wife out there.

Your probably more confident with shopping than you think, not far from owning it now!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Read only
    Katie,
    You know how immature, childish girls get off on making fun of CDs. These girls grow into women with the same sick mindset.
    I see where you are a junior member and 31, more confidence comes with age. They should have been put in their place. There are a couple ways to do this, it's best I don't say what they are. Don't let two a**h**** stop you from buying, most SA aren't like that.

Yes, I think they probably knew.

I always try shoes in the store and sometimes sale assistants see you do it or just assume due to big size, they're for you. It even happened to me a few times when I bought shoes in big self serving shoe stores that cashier closed the sale with the sentence "Enjoy wearing them". The first time when that happened, I was a bit shocked and didn't respond at all. She quickly added "or whoever will wear them". She saw she made me uncomfortable. Now, I usually just say "thank you, I will" and act normal.
    A few weeks ago in a small shoe store SA even ask me if I want to try the shoes on to see if they fit, when I asked if they have EU43 size shoes. I was in drab and buying high heel sandals. So, they often know. They're selling shoes to all kind of people and experienced SA can often read people and notice if your're buying for yourself or your spouse.

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    As it turns out my wife and I are 1/2 size or less different in shoe size. She has purchased heels a couple times for a special occasion and passed them on to me after wearing them only once in most cases.

It's also nice since we only need one size of boots at the door to put on to take the dog out in cold or wet weather for whichever of us has the next turn.

I've had comments like that, and say something like, "I'm sure she will. She always likes it when I bring home a special surprise." You're not obligated to reveal that the she to whom you're referring is you, not your wife.

Or, if you want to be a little more risque, you could say, "Ah, you caught me. I'm planning a special evening tonight. (wink, wink)."

Both statements are the truth, but easily misinterpreted.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I think that some confusion on shoe size equivalencies might have crept in among this series of posts, so just to set the record straight, a U.K. Size 9 in women's shoes is generally the same as a U.S. Size 11 (you can Google it).

So yes, a shoe size that is commonly associated with M-T-F crossdressers, but not so much with GG's unless they happen to be unusually large or tall. Not unheard of, mind you - just not too common - so yes, odds are that fact might attract a quizzical comment or question directed at the purchaser by an SA.

This is the point where the concept of MYOB ("Mind Your Own Business") should normally (but politely) kick in....unless, of course, the customer gets their jollies in openly "owning it" just to see what kind of a response they can elicit from said unsuspecting SA. But that's a whole other thread...

She knew, but so what if she did?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

What are the chances I would care if she knew.... ZERO....lol.
    I'm way past those days.

I had one incident years ago buying a bustier, panties and seamed hose. The young cashier commented, "you're going to look fabulous in these" (I was in male mode). Without missing a beat I said, "I certainly hope so".
    Her jaw hit the floor and I left with anticipation to see if she was right.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Cheryl, that's funny. Worth 3 smilie faces at least