Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did she know?

If you buy more heels and a comment comes up, such as, your wife will love those. Just say, do you see who is paying for these, so they are mine and will be until I give them away. Leave them scratching their heads.

I got over whether or not an SA knew back in the 70's.
    The first thing I mention is that I am shopping for myself. Every SA has always been very helpful. The places that I shop regularly greet me by name.

Does it really matter what an SA thinks? Are they part of your social circle?

We spend waaaaaay to much time & energy worrying about this nonsense.
    Do you think the SA at the DYI store cares what kind of tools you buy?
    Or the cashier at the grocery store worries about the foods you buy?

All this angst over buying clothes, shoes, make up, whatever, the clerk is there to assist customers and earn their paycheck. At the end of the day, they couldn't give a rats whiskers what anyone bought.

Many of us seem to have this guilt over purchases, get over it, in the long run, you )general pronoun) aren't that special in the SA's eyes.
    You.
    Are.
    Just.
    A.
    Customer.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    Does it really matter what an SA thinks? Are they part of your social circle?

We spend waaaaaay to much time & energy worrying about this nonsense.
    I logically agree with this statement and know you are absolutely right, but I still get butterflies when I approach a counter. I even try to logically explain to myself no one is going to care, hell I have a wife that I buy stuff for and a daughter, but I still get pensive. I am working on it, and know the more I do it the better it will be, but even with being fully out and dressed well I still get nervous. If you confident ladies could bottle that confidence and sell it, I would pay!
    Love makes everyone equal.

One time I was buying a bra and the sales girl at the pay counter said. "I don't think that bra is going to fit you." Like it was a joke. I said "I don't see why not because it's my size. She looked like she wanted to die and said no more. Ruby

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    One of them at least probably knew.So what,they werent likely to refuse to ring up a sale,or they wouldn't be very good sales assistants would they,dont let it prey on your mind you should be proud that you had the courage to go in and get the heels in the first place
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    She may have thought it was for you, then again at my favorite thrift store larger sizes are frequently purchased for resale. Not a big deal in my book. A sale is a sale in the end.

A question came to mind for all you you in the UK. I thought the UK would use the Euro size system? Is there an equivalent British shoe sizing system as well?

Banned Read only
    Katie,
    There would have been no guess work if you'd asked to try them on ! I've had some fun in that situation , on one occasion a SA called from behind the curtain, "how I was doing ?" I pulled the curtains back to show her only to find her husband who had dropped into see her standing next to her . She said great shoes and I got the thumbs up from the husband , and yes I was in drab . On another occasion the shop didn't have changing facilities so I asked for a chair to use at the back of ther shop , the problem was I was in male territory between the CDs and books , a guy did a double take , so I stood up and said, " These are really comfortable !" He disappeared out of the shop without buying anything !

Did she know , does it really matter ? The point about charity shops is if you don't grab them then you won't get a second chance , even size 8 (UK ) fly off the shelves now. I bought a lovely pair of italian leather boots with a 3" heel in black ,I have worn them so much , I couldn't afford the £100.00 + price tag if they were new , I bought them for £14.99 !

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darla_g View Post
    A question came to mind for all you you in the UK. I thought the UK would use the Euro size system? Is there an equivalent British shoe sizing system as well?
    Darla. Yes the UK shoe size system is similar to US but they do not align. The Euro system is French in origin and makes much more sense than our old imperial system (it is simply numerical from the smallest baby to the largest male shoe, no separate scales for kids, men, women etc). Most shoes sold in the UK are labelled with both the older UK imperial scale and the newer Euro scale.

Banned Read only
    Darla,
    To add to Daisy's reply there is a problem sometimes with UK to Euro sizing , for instance I'm a UK size 8 which usually equates to Euro 42 but some shoes say size 8 but have Euro 41 written on them. There no correlation , you just have to try them , I can sometimes get a Euro 41 on on and struggle to get a 42 on . Some stores like Next appear to oversize their shoes , Some come up small, it's almost as big a minefield as clothes sizing ! But isn't just great to go and try them all on !!

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I know what you mean Teresa! I never see UK sizing then except when the shoe is labeled for multiple markets and has all 3 markings: US, Euro & UK. But i have heels that are labeled 42 or US 12 and are really like a US size 10. I can wear some 10s, but mostly have 11s. I have gotten real good at stretching leather shoes to a larger size.

Katie,

If you are happy with your heels, who cares if someone knows??!!

Just enjoy your new purchase!!

Kisses

Patricia

She who cares least, wins

I've developed a "don't give a darn" attitude in these situations. Just today, I want to a local thrift store, still wearing my work clothes. I picked out a long blue skirt, a gorgeous pink paisley summer dress (which I'm wearing right now!!) and a very pretty, very feminine necklace which caught my eye on my way into the store. As I was checking out, the cashier (a 60+ guy in bib overalls) commented on the necklace. I just smiled and said, "Isn't it beautiful? I'm going to put it on just as soon as I get back to my car."

The cashier just smiled and handed me my receipt. I walked out to my car and happily put on my new necklace.

Maybe I challenged his assumptions about gender roles. Maybe he just thinks I'm a weirdo. In either event, I am now the proud owner of a skirt, a gorgeous dress and a delightful necklace. I wasn't nervous and I didn't skip a beat.
    It's spelled Marika, but it's pronounced Janey!
    Appreciate the beauty in the current moment, because the past is gone and tomorrow never comes.
    Janey's Amost Secret Crossdressing Blog: http://marikajaye.blogspot.com