Hello Ladies,
I am thinking that it is perhaps time for another update on my life post social transition. As some of you know from reading my previous posts, eight months ago I was asking the forum for advice on how to make the right impression on my first day at work as Sara. Its been an eventful eight months since then. Work is going wonderful and I could not have asked for a better group of people to work with. I have received respect and acceptance from every single one of my colleagues and its as if I had only ever been Sara all the years I've worked there. A couple of months ago I attended a Hydrographic conference where I was invited to attend a women's only wine and cheese event. With a little push and support from an amazing female colleague I went and had a wonderful time. All fifty or so women in attendance treated me as one of them and it was an amazing evening. At home, life has pretty much normalized as well with both my wife and children quite comfortable being with me in public. The only exception being school functions where they are around a lot of classmates, though their friends have been told and many have met me. All my identity documents, bank and credit cards, drivers license and passport are now in my new name and gender. In my daily life I have never been misgenderered, made fun of, or have had to deal with any transphobic behaviors and comments. Yet when I read the newspapers and online news articles I am very upset to read at how much transphobia there seems to be out there in the world right now.

In a few weeks I will be travelling to the UK on business for a week. It will be my first time out of the country as Sara and flying as Sara. I am concerned about how airport security will treat me. I do have a passport that identifies me as Sara, a female, but will it be enough. How will I be treated in the UK. The people I am meeting there have only been told to expect a woman named Sara. I am certain that my managers have not outed me to our UK contacts. Uncertainties abound. Then in August my family and I will be flying to Italy and spending a few weeks in Italy and Greece. All I can do is hope that I will continue to be treated with the respect and acceptance that I have received here at home. I will let you all know how things went abroad.