Thread: Scared and excited

Scared and excited

There's an event coming up in August called FABULOUS AT THE FALLS IN Niagara Falls Canada that I would like to attend.That means I'd need to go out dressed during daylight hours something I haven't done,I do go out for drives when it's dark out. I've promised myself to start going out during the early evening when it's still light out.This long weekend I plan to dress every day and last night I stepped out onto the front porch dressed with wig and makeup and just stood there for a few minutes .What a feeling.Tonight I wanted to go out for a drive well before it got dark.I had backed the car in the driveway earlier so that the drivers door was closer to my front door.When I felt ready I took a deep breath put my wallet and cell phone and lipstick in my purse and stepped out.I felt such freedom ,I'd taken a giant step forward.I walked up to the car and found the doors locked. I thought I'd left it unlocked.I didn't want to use the remote to beep it open so I stood there and unlocked it with the key.As I was getting behind the wheel in my short skirt I noticed the neighbor across the street one house over sitting on his porch with his wife .He was pointing in my direction talking to his wife.I didn't see them because of the tree in my yard.I was already in my car so I though it's too late now they've seen me let's go.I was scared I'd been discovered and excited that I'd been discovered.I pulled out turning away from their house so they couldn't get a better look at who was driving.As I drove around town I wondered what they talked about after I left.I didn't see them when I got home and was just a little disappointed.I wonder what looks I'll get the next time I see them when in drab.I doubt they think it was my girlfriend leaving.Now that I've been sort of outed I think it will be easier to go out again,I've stopped worrying about what people think about me crossdressed.Life is to short.I've taken a giant step forward.
    Everything you always wanted is on the other side of fear.George Addair.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Karen, first off not sure how well you know the neighbors, but my attitude is who cares what they think. I’m sure my neighbors have seen Rachael and if so oh well it’s me or a part of me. Now if you feel you look even 50 percent female when you dress going out in the day I would say you most likely there will be no problems, most never even notice or care.
    I wish you well

People leave houses all the time where I live. Never cared who they were, what they looked like and, least of all, what they were wearing. Unless you want everyone to know you are a cross dresser, I hope the same for you.

Then again, you could have a Gladys Kravitz for a neighbor...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You have succeeded at something many of us here have done so welcome to the club.
    Pretty sure the neighbor could care less who was in the short skirt. If he asks sometime in the future just act like you have no idea what he is talking about and go on talking about something else.

They will probably think nothing of it as it could be anyone, it is unlikely they recognised you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Karen,

How well do you know these neighbours? Where I live consists of 20 or so houses in a quiet cul-de-sac and I'm on regular chatting terms with those 3 to 4 doors either side of me and occasional chats to the rest if we meet in the road. Hence if I were seen then it's me outed. While I go out it's rarely from home.

So how well do you know your neighbours? If it's just by sight then I would suggest for you, being seen isn't such a significant thing. It's difficult to be shunned by people you barely know. If yours is a cohesive community like mine then that might pose different problems.

What I would say is whatever you do, don't let this stop you going to the event in Niagara falls. You'll miss out on so much if you do.

Karen, they could just be wondering how that women driving your car is.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Karen,
    I'm a couple of years older so we get to the point when we say does it really matter ! You'll do it again and maybe turn in the neighbour's direction next time. I knew I had to face all this so I found the opportunities to tell my neighbours so there's no peeping behind curtains and no gossip in the neighbourhood . Everyone is fine about it , I admit at the moment there's a little avoidance game from them but at least they all know so the ball is more in their court than mine to come to terms with their new neighbour .

Rachael,I don't know my neighbors atall.Never spoken to her waved at him a few times.I thought I looked pretty good when I went out so I'm not worried.I'll see what kind of looks I get next time we see each other when I'm in guy mode.
    Everything you always wanted is on the other side of fear.George Addair.

Aspiring Member
    Unless one looks very close, at any distance a short skirt will look much like shorts, especially from the side. Given that it was early evening dusk it's reasonable to assume your neighbors, across the street, only saw you unlocking the car door, dressed in summer wear.

Enjoy the drive enfemme.

Ineke

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Karen, I just returned from a week in Vegas with 200 T girls. It's nothing like going out on your own! When I am surrounded by other T's, I completely stop worrying about who sees me and am able to just enjoy the girls and our venue!

I strongly suggest u and every other closet dresser out there attend a T event. It was revolutionary in Sherry's evolvement! After attending countless T events, I still dread going out alone. I'm still think of myself as a closet dresser. But, when I get out among other T's, the stress of being dressed out simply vanishes!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If I could get my wife on board with my dressing, I'd try to get her to agree to and accompany me to that event. We love the Falls!