Thread: Another doctor visit story...

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar

Another doctor visit story...

I have a long history with problems in my left ankle from a 1983 40 foot fall from a tree, including a rather nasty bone infection. In 2004 the infection "ate it's way out" and I went through a year and a half of stress and misery. Finally got it to close after switching to a better wound center.
    Fast forward to two weeks ago...I took a spill at my cabin and banged it pretty hard on a rock. No break in the skin, but it got black and blue fast. I don't mess around with it, so when it started to scab, I made an appointment with the wound center.
    I had 3 nurses and a doctor doting over me...measuring the wound, taking pictures, etc. One of the women quietly told another "there's no hair"; I think she was somewhat taken back, and not sure what to say. The other nurse asked me "do you shave your legs?", to which I quickly replied "yes" without hesitation. She responded "I should have known with you being a scuba diver and putting wetsuits on all the time." I grinned and said "yup". And yes, it is MUCH easier getting into a wetsuit with smooth legs. Since I didn't have to disrobe, there was no need to explain the pink boyshort panties I had on...lol

The doctor did feel that my issue was from damage to the delicate scar tissue, not the infection....fingers crossed!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I wish you a speedy and pain free recovery. In pink panties, of course.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Thanks! I have some doubt about the doctor's opinion...only due to past experience. I'm hoping I'm wrong...things got pretty bad last time around. It's pretty much "all consuming".
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    I think I heard that the reason for the doctor or nurse to comment on little or no hair on the extremities has to do with a concern about poor circulation. This can lead to many bigger and long term problems.

So, it is best to be honest as you did and let them know you do shave your legs, feet, hands, etc. so they don't start tests that are not needed.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Yeah there are two people who you should never hide the truth from.... your doctor and your lawyer.
    Both have seen it all and there is a reason why they might ask something.

BTW, a male shaving their body has almost become main stream these days.

Platinum Member
    That was too easy. I want to hear how pink boy short panties work in a wet suit