Thread: Knowing if your ready to change

Knowing if your ready to change

It's messing with my head knowing that I have had a boxed, new wig, in my dresser drawer for 3-4 weeks "unopened" and a wig to me is my ultimate finishing touch !

My usually confident self just doesn't want to open it. Whether it be the slight change in hairstyle which is putting me off, or if it is the fact that I may like my new look too much? which is stopping me I'm not sure.

Maybe I am subconsciously thinking that this could be the change which takes me to another place (and possibly with Toto)

So I am not sure if it is that I'm not ready to change or evolve anymore, or if it's that I'm content now!

Another annoying part of my situation is that I live in a random world of chaos, and won't plan to or force myself to just take the wig out and put it on. It's just not me!

Do I/we just stop one day and say this is it, no more changing. Cos I sure didn't sign up for no more change!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Just try the wig on, don't over think it.

As the saying goes don't knock it until you have tried it,
    Put the wig on you may well be pleasantly surprised and decide that the wig is the just the one for you.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Yep, just put it on and check it out. I too fall victim to exaggerated expectations with a new acquisition. No need to set yourself up for a let down or the flip side, "Why didn't I do this sooner?"
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Platinum Member
    Hi Stacy, It sounds like you are just torturing yourself, Just go ahead and DO IT ! >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stacy just click those red heels and try it.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Yoy bought the wig for a reason. To wear it, so wear it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Stacy, I think TS's who dress daily develop a style and pattern that define themselves. Once they evolve to a certain point they feel that's presenting who they r! Is that u?

Personally as a CD, that's the opposite of what I want Sherry to be. I want her to present as any and every woman! Maybe I'll buy your wig for her?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Stacy,
    The longer you leave it the more it will go round in your head, besides what if it's totally wrong and you need to return it or it's the wrong colour or faulty in any way .

So what's wrong if it does take you to a different place with your dressing , it may mean you can enjoy it even more .

It's not a magic box and will open all by itself , so go ahead and just do it ! I don't think I can stand the suspense !

Stacy,

I'll go with the others and say try it on and don't overthink it.

or if it is the fact that I may like my new look too much? Too much? If it really suits you then it can't be too much. How many of us would be over the moon if we tried on something that really suited us and it utterly transformed our look for the better?

If it were me I'd be more worried about it looking awful and having to send it back.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Agree with the others, just give it a try. I love my wigs and now have six and plan to get more. It's great the way you can change your look just by donning a different hairpiece.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I don't know how you can just let it in the box without trying it! When I bought my new wig, I had it on that same day! And I love it! Do it, Stacey! Hugs Lana Mae As a side note, yes, mine took me to a different place and I love it!
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Keeping it in the box is like throwing away money.

Don't throw away money. Put the wig on.

Stacey,
    You must put that wig on, a lady can’t have too many hairstyles !

Put it on. Unless it was made from the hairs of a murder victim from Japan (dont watch the Japanese horrior movie called ‘Hair Extensions’), it might do you a world of good... as said before, if you don’t use it it is like tossing money away.

P.S. if you don’t want it i’ll Take it! I need a new wig! Lol

Seriously, don’t watch that movie. Creeped me out!
    “Hatred only breeds more hatred.” -The Invid Regis

“We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest... trying to figure itself out”. - Delenn

Stacy, perhaps try it on and whip it off quickly if you feel the earth move.. id say don't over think it
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Get it over with, try the wig on and no more pain. :-)

Don't worry about little issues like that.

Go on Stacy, do it now!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Overthinking it it seems to be then, then there's the yes Doc probably similar but the CD version of "arrived at that point"!

So, after another day to overthink things and a good read, thankyou all, I have decided tonight to re-do my nails (4-5 coats should be enough). But the reason for it is to have my hands looking their best for the opening tomorrow night. Not pressuring myself but nails do enhance the look of things held.

Am I ready for another change or just content as am? I don't know. But since waste is not good and self torture is giving me wrinkles. I best stop typing and get on with it!

The best thing will be that I can do a full review on it for everyone "" I have a reason ""

The box doesn't really belong with active-wear!

20180521_210811.jpg
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

"Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Just do it already!

Anything new like that I always try on as soon as possible. Even if it is only 20 seconds. For me it is more about holding back before purchasing something. If I bought it I want it