Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closest call in years

Closest call in years

This morning I thought I had a nice three-hour slot available for getting dolled up. My wife was headed to our daughter's house to wait for a furniture delivery. She said she then planned to go shopping for graduation gifts.

As soon as she left I made myself comfortable in a casual dress, long line bra with makeshift padding, strappy sandals and pantyhose. I also put on a pair of earrings and a nice bracelet.

Just as I was settling down on the sofa in our bedroom, only about 20 minutes after she left, I thought I heard the sound of the garage door opening. I wasn't certain, but I followed my instincts and started stripping down as fast as I could. As I was doing this I heard the unmistakable sound of the door from the garage opening and footsteps coming up the stairs to the bedroom.

I was now stark naked, but I had to do something with the clothes etc. I shoved the bra, pantyhose, shoes and earrings under the bed, but for some reason I just threw the bedspread over the dress. When my wife entered a second later, she of course asked, "Why are you naked?". As calmly as I could, I said, "I'm headed to the shower." Even as I was saying it, I realized I STILL HAVE THE BRACELET ON! I put my hands behind my back and slipped it into one hand as fast as I could.

I took the quickest shower I've ever had, while she was doing something in her walk-in closet. I was hoping she'd head back downstairs, but she started toward the bed, fortunately on the opposite side from where I'd hid the dress. Then she announced she was going to wash the comforter, which of course required removing the bedspread. I somehow managed to pull the dress out, get it to the floor, and kick it under the bed.

She finally departed with the comforter, and I spent several anxious minutes retrieving items from under the bed and getting them back to where they belong.

I'm getting too old for this kind of drama. By the way, the reason she came back early was that my son-in-law texted her that he was waiting for the furniture, and she decided to save the shopping for another day.

By now it is time for the talk.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Thank goodness all that is behind me , physically and mentally it's too destructive , you say you are too old for all this and yet you are having to scuttle round like a naughty schoolboy . I'm with Bev , time to start talking because one day you're not going to make it and then what ?

I am with Teresa and Beverley - At some point she is going to find out, and might already know, just waiting for you to tell. If it were me, which I did hide my desires for a while before I just came clean, I would get ahead of the ball on this one and figure out a way to have an honest and loving conversation with your wife about what it is that you are doing. You got married and shacked up together because of love, and most likely shared some vows and commitments to see each other through highs and lows, in this case your desire to dress is something that is part of you and while she may have some conditions and might not like it at all, if you work through everything together and with Love guiding you along the way it will probably be a lot better than her thinking you are lying to her or are keeping something from her.

Again this is my two cents on this and know everyone has different situations that they must deal with. Good Luck in the journey.

Mattea
    Love makes everyone equal.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Oh what a tangled web we weave
    When we set out to deceive

Sir Walter Scott

Sounds like a skit from a tv show. Sucks your plans went under the bed

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I couldn't hide it all like that.
    Don't see how you all do it.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Closets are for clothes not people.

Silver Member
    I was caught by my wife just this morning. I got out of bed and put on my blue printed chiffon skirt and white crocheted top, then went downstairs and sat down on the sofa. She came down a few minutes later, looked at my outfit, then sat down next to me to read up on her Facebook friends. Whew!

I think you may be an adrenaline junkie! LOL I used to have to get a dose myself but not from hiding from the wife, but from my lifestyle and occupation or playing with the hiding in plain sight when away from home. Difference being I was doing it on purpose and you seem to be doing it from a self imposed restriction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Platinum Member
    here's a thought. your wife may already know something. your dress was stashed under the comforter, right? So she comes home unexpectedly and announces her intention to wash the comforter....random perhaps....intentional....maybe she just likes to see you sweat!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Mystery, I had 3 equally close shaves with my live in adult daughter. It was ruining my joy of dressing. The 3rd time was the charm. I had to tell her. It was better than her catching me. For BOTH of us! Consider that------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

That sounds scary! Does your wife know about your CD'ing? Are you DADT or are you completely in the closet about it? I use the "Find Friends" app on the phone to figure out where she is and how long it would take for her to get home. Very seldom do I even bother to change if the time is less than an hour.

If having the talk with her isn't your cup of tea, then come up with a less risky exit strategy so you don't get caught. Keep your man clothing in the bathroom. When the unexpected arrival happens, walk in there and turn on the shower. Fold your clothing neatly and hide them somewhere. Under the sink, in a drawer, between some towels, etc. When the coast is clear, retrieve the items and store them where they belong.

The basement, if you have one, is also an excellent place to change back to drab. It is seldom the first location we think to visit when we come home.

Time to come out of the closet. It is becoming too stressful to stay where you are.

Whenever I read of experiences such as this I am so glad that I never have to hide anything.

It would probably be best if you told her what your doing. I know it is hard and it will be a lot harder of she finds out the hard way. How do I know been there and done that lol
    I am in a dadt type situation which is fine. Like last week I went to have lunch with my wife I had on a pair of her jeans nothing to stand out but in my hast I forgot to change shoes I was in my women tennis shoes I realized this just as I parked the truck sh@t I am thinking what the hell can I do so I just went for it and hope to hell she didn't notice.
    I lived through this and nothing was said and yes I was a nervous wreck the whole time.
    learning lesson for sure
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

I'm sorry you have to hide your CDing, and I'm sorry for your close call.

But when I read stories like this, I find them validating in a way. Yes, it was scary. But you dressed anyway, regardless of the risk. Will the scare make you stop? I doubt it. It certainly wouldn't make me stop. I'm totally out of the closet now, but when I was still hiding, it was worth the risk. It was too important to me to stop, regardless of what happened. And that's validating.

If you can't be upfront and talk, maybe less time dressing and more time working on plan B.

I feel your pain and frustration with being in the closet. Telling my SO is NOT an option, she will NEVER understand/accept! The opportunity to dress is becoming less frequent (maybe dozen times in the last 5-yrs) just as my desire is peaking. As a member of this community, and a couple of other CD websites, has taken some of the edge off my desire. Thank you for sharing

As the others have said I think it's time you had a sit down talk with your wife. One day you will not be so lucky and she will catch you dressed and the situation will be far worse as she will feel decieved. You could try to slowly sound out her feelings regarding crossdressing so you have some idea as to what her reaction will be.

Good luck.
    Sasha

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    The advice given to come clean, is sound.....but we are all different, and what might work for some, may not work for others. I have been on this site for a number of years, and have read accounts of members telling their SOs and everything working out just great (even if it took some time) I have also read about relationships that simply went from good to bad after the truth came out. We don't know Mystery's situation. At least one other member here posted that telling her partner was NOT an option. I know that my ex-wife would NEVER have understood, and it would likely have propelled us to divorce much sooner than we actually did years later.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Mystery,

Concur with Bev, Teresa and the majority of our wise and experienced forum. Now is the time for...... The Talk.
    Your story gives me a heart racing flash back 3 yrs ago when I was CAUGHT; not red handed but pink pantied.

The fear was always the worst part. The hiding. The sneaking around. Dishonesty was and is so out of character for most of us. I know it is me. The constant pretending eats away at a person's soul. My accidental "coming out" after 40+ years of marriage (and keeping the secret) hasn't been a smooth ride since. There's been pain and likely damage to my beautiful and loving relationship. All good now, but self-realization came with a cost. The cost would have been much higher had I kept the secret longer and longer.
    The best part of 'coming out' was indeed the self-liberation; freedom from the shame and guilt. No longer. It was all worth it.
    Coming Out may not be for everyone. Every situation is different, and it will be different with each person in your personal circle. You will eventually BE CAUGHT, big time. I have no doubt. It's almost like a self-full filling prophesy with many CDs. A secret wish as part of their secret life. Mystery can come out on her own terms, to the most important person in her life (wife) if you seize the initiative.
    The stories and narratives on this forum can help you find the words and method to do this. Do it with love. Blessings and good fortune for it because I've been in your shoes too.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Dollars to donuts she knows. Time to 'fess up. Life like that can't be enjoyable for you or her.

Banned Read only
    After reading Ilene's reply so many of those memories come flooding back and as Cynthia says whatever happens you won't stop no matter how many promises you make, I find it so sad when Colourmann, says the restricted time she/he has had . The other side of the coin is the horrible situation of your wife/ partner becomming terrifed to re-enter her own front door fearing what may greet her . I was caught dressed about to launch up the stairs , that was after attempting to make promises . Again taking up Ilene's thoughts it turns into something we're not , when you are an honest and faithful husband but through something beyond your control you become a decietful, lier , being forced into secretive acts that only criminals suffer . I've said thise so many times but long term DADT is not a workable situation , one or both will move the goalposts , and neither partner will be able to continue with the compromised lifestyle , it's no basis for a marriage .Then there are probably kids or grandchildren to consider , now everyone knows in my situation it has become easier , the truth was that I couldn't live without it and my wife couldn't live with it , so we have separated , and we're both happier .
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-27-2018 at 02:43 PM.

I have read some good thoughts and advice and here are mine -
    maybe you want to get caught
    maybe your wife already knows or at least suspects
    it is probably time to talk to her about it