Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You forum avatar/profile picture

You forum avatar/profile picture

So, I have some questions for those of you who do not use a picture of yourself for your avatar...

1) why don’t you use a picture of yourself?

2) why did you choose the avatar you use?

3) where did you get the picture from?

My Answers are

1) I’m not really ‘out’ so I’m very reluctant to take a picture of myself en femm.
    2) my old one I just liked it. My new one I just wanted something more like me and other ppl have very simular avatars...
    3) my old avatar was from an app called ‘Avatar Creator’. My new one is from an app called ‘Showgirl EX’. I tried to make it look as much like the real me as I could.
    “Hatred only breeds more hatred.” -The Invid Regis

“We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest... trying to figure itself out”. - Delenn

My picture is all me, unedited. I'm not going to speak for others or even speculate why, so, sorry, I can't help you on this one.

Victoria,

I now use a close up pic of me dressed but I can remember some of my ealier ones. I think the first was an outdoor pic with me so far away it could have been the Dalai Lama. The next was a little closer but still fairly ambiguous.

I guess the thinking was if I posted something more recognisable I'd out myself to the whole world. I guess also it has to do with having a pic that looks ok. Over time my presentation has improved although you might say looking at my avitar there's still a long way to go!

Aspiring Member
    My avatar is me, or at least a bit of me. It's my favourite dress at the moment and I love a bit of bling. Obviously it's a selfie. As for why I don't show more, it's as Helen says, I'm not ready to be out to the whole World, not yet.

1. I am too lazy to change it. I have used my own photo in the past.

2. It is a place I have visited. I have done a series of photos like this.

3. I took it myself. I have hundreds more that are suitable, I might start on the U.K. and Europe next.

3A. How about Euro Disney in Paris or Disney on Lantau Island, Hong Kong.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

1) I am only really out to my wife, so I try not to put out too much exposure of me dressed on the internet. And I am not really fan of how I look.
    2) I liked the avatar when I was scrolling through the options.
    3) I got it from this site.

1) I'm in the closet and I'm ugly.

2) I don't have one (See 1)

3) (See 2)

1) why don’t you use a picture of yourself?
    I didn't have any when I joined the forum. That, and I was a 'neck down' dresser at the time.

2) why did you choose the avatar you use?
    I thought it best represented me when I joined, as I didn't have the identity I feel I'm growing into now. (But I still like the avatar, so I keep it.)

3) where did you get the picture from?
    internet, where else?

The picture is me, 5 years ago when I had a makeover at True Colors in Bethlehem Pennsylvania.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I'm in the closet and far from passing, the picture is of me showing of what I believe is my only femine quality, my legs.

1- I'm quite unattractive and I wouldn't want the lady across the street to find any photos of me dressed.

2- I like how sexy this transvestite looks!

3 - I googled images and found this one. Maybe I'll change it to something else next week.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    1. It's me. I change it occassionally but it is always me.

2. I like to know who I'm talking to so I assume others do to. A picture is worth a thousand words afterall.

3. My phone.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I understand the fear of being exposed. Any place can be hacked by bad people. That being said. The beauty in getting older is simply, I don't care any more. I am proud that I look like this and my Avatar looks nothing like my drab self. Anyone who knows me would never see me in that woman unless they really looked closely. So the answers to your questions don't really apply to your theme but I will say:
    1) It's the only place I can post a picture of the real me and the way I wish I could present all the time.
    2) My current Avatar is from this last April in a dress I love to wear with my new body post diet. I don't think I ever look that happy in my drab pics. Actually, I never let my picture be taken often in male mode.
    3)The picture is from a day out with Billie from this site. Just a great day being the mostly complete me if only for a day. Well it will never be complete because for that to happen I would have to have my family around me as Steph, then I would be 100% complete. (Will never happen, sadly)

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Profile picture is my all time favorite. The lighting and the pose were perfect although, I forgot the cute white apron that came with the maid's dress. Also, my thoughts before taking that picture are reflected in my signature line.
    The avatar I've changed a couple of times but, I like the current one. It's so relaxed and natural.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

1) I don't use a picture of myself because my face looks pretty masculine and I'm not in the shape I'd like to be.

2) I chose this avatar just for fun and to keep some variety, since my last one was kind of a pun with my username, it was a cluster of dead pixels.

3) I got the avatar from the app Avatar Creator. Why so? I saw someone else here had one from that, so I tried it and I didn't want to use a copyrighted character nor a photo of someone else.

Deadpixel: I changed my avatar because I keep seeing yours and mixing it up with mine! Your look looked a lot like mine. You have good taste! Lol.
    “Hatred only breeds more hatred.” -The Invid Regis

“We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest... trying to figure itself out”. - Delenn

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I always use a picture that is of me.
    I might, however, use one that is clearly not of me, but that is only when I would be on a hiatus.
    Other than that, always me.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

My avatar is me and I like the white nails(grown myself), needless to say it's one of 1000's I've got stored away. I know the angst about first time member and not daring to let anyone see me especially on a CDer site but then one day I owned it and the rest is history.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    All my avatars are me, unedited, (apart from the background). I look so different from my male self that I doubt anyone would recognise me.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Of course this is me and my toes on the right. Now my profile picture is 100% me, but I don't think anyone could I'd me from it.

love to hear from u missynicole's Avatar
    1- i am not really out and need to be discrete even though i am single
    2- i want to look like that and am dieting and exercising to try and look as close to that as i can
    3- the internet
    l&k
    mn

1. Out of respect for my wife's preferences, no pictures on the internet.
    2.It is a reflection of who I am on the inside.
    3. I drew it. (It is a freehand copy of a detail from DaVinci's "Madonna of the Rocks" )
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

My avatar would probably be rejected because it shows me holding one my favorite (gasp!) rifles. The mere mention of the word will probably get this post deleted by the mods. Apparently, to them, the mere mention of the word is, in their eyes, a "discussion".
    Jon

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Both my avatar and profile pic are me always.
    I did enhance my avatar with just a little software help lighting mostly and eyebrows.
    My profile is all me with no enhancements.

Mine is me, just not enough to be recognised by.
    Although its a part of my appearence I am quite pleased with.