Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You forum avatar/profile picture

hello Victoria,
    in reply -
    1 - for the same reason that I did not use my real name an age when I joined this group - I did not want to reveal my true identity; something I now regret because I realise that this is a safe place, full of support.
    2 - "I long to be young gifted and black" and a bit female!
    3 - I copied it from a magazine & edited quite a while ago now.
    luv J

11) yes it is me, but I am only really out to my wife and select group of friends, so I try not to put to much on the internet.
    2) I love lingerie, huge fan,
    3) wife took it
    Look at me, a LARGE power lifting man and under all of this Makeup & Lace and if I can look pretty than so can you!

1) It is a picture of me!
    2) It is the latest picture of me!
    3) My daughter took it in our hallway!
    I used one of the pre-made ones here until I had some photos done! Profile pic is at my transformation and is me! FYI
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

My profile and avatar are both me, I was trying to be careful when I made them hence the obscured face.

I should probably update it, but I have become quite comfortable with them. I did have a ‘generic image’ when I originally registered here just because of the fear of being recognized.

pics are both of me, I do not like my face to be public front.

Rayleen.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

1) I do use a picture of myself, just with no face(yet)

2) It looks casual and i like the combination

3) From my living room haha

1. I posted photos of myself at https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...90-Sporty-girl
    2. My first name is Candice. The large 'C' seems apropos
    3. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F..._copyright.svg

yes it is a picture of me

because I liked it

Software program that took my real picture and made this one and yes I am very pleased with it
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Yes it is me, and I like to change it now an then. Recently I had a pic made from my name Marie looking like a Chinese pagoda. The current is from October last year.
    I find it hard to get good photos that look OK in the small format. Resizing change the pic a lot.
    This pic is taken in a mirror and is a good picture of the fact that when dressed I'm mostly my only company.
    Marie

. I really like this one. Some day I will change it.

Hi Victoria, We are a lot alike.

1) why don’t you use a picture of yourself?
    I am a closet case cross dresser, not ready to take the risk.

2) why did you choose the avatar you use?
    My avatar represents who I want to be. I do have one actual picture of me here on this site.

3) where did you get the picture from?
    My avatar is from the web, can't remember where it is from.

We are alike as we are different, I came here looking for acceptance and found reassurance that I am not broken or weird.

Good post, thank you! Brenda

Victoria_Winters,

1) Why don’t you use a picture of yourself?
    A couple of reasons really, I’m not 100% “out” in addition don’t believe I could be anytime soon. The other reason is that I lived most of my life outside, either on the flight line or on the back of my motorcycle and the environment hasn’t been kind to me.

2) Why did you choose the avatar you use?
    At one time my hair was red, so I change my avatar between a few different selections depending on mood. Also didn’t like the ones offered by the site.

3) Where did you get the picture from?
    Each picture I have downloaded I have either purchased or requested the use of the picture as an avatar. I only have two where the artist never contacted me back, so I don’t use them.

@—}——
    Michelle

My Answers are

1) I don't full en-femme anymore so a miad won't cut it and even if I did I wouldn't offer a pic of myself on the internet.
    2) Answer in my signature.. but I loved Jenny Powell.
    3) Internet search a while back and saved to my machine.
    Lots of Love Lilly xx

Not me in the avatar but the lovely Jenny Powell who I loved so much

Banned Read only
    Victoria,
    I feel it's a shame we all don't have the freedom to post a true picture of ourselves, it's far better to know what the person looks like when making a reply. I can understand your fears, we mustn't forget how many people can visit this forum and see our pictures , it's quite a scary thought !

You asked for replies saying why members don't post their picture but most have answered why they do , for me it's a coming out process , it had to happen , I'm happy letting the World see I'm not ashamed to stand up and be counted as TG . I have to admit when I first posted one I nearly chickened out and deleted it, that was sometime ago , it just feels so good to say it really doesn't matter anymore .

The only retouching my pictures get is resizing to abide by forum rules otherwise what you see is what you get , OK warts and all !!

I do use a picture of me
    I chose it because at the time it was my favorite picture and now I’m to lazy to change it
    My wife took the photo of me on a driving a bus during the pride parade in Seattle in 2016
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    1) why don’t you use a picture of yourself?
    My computer is very slow at uploading a pic, 15 to 30 minutes per picture. When I figure out hoe to log in on my phone I plan to change it.

2) why did you choose the avatar you use? & 3) where did you get the picture from?

At the time I had no pictures of myself and noticed some street art that was on display in town for a couple of years.

Mine is all me. It did take me a long time to post one because​ of the fear of being exposed. I used a long blonde female cartoon character I had found on the internet on some sites. The turning point for me in posting mine here was how delighted I was with the hair, the makeup and how wonderful I felt in my own skin that night. It was actually the first time I felt that way and I was actually pretty proud of them and I wanted to share.

The avatar is open to search engines, so I use a picture of me - but just legs. I can see your avatar by using Google "victoria_Winters crossdressers" and Images-there are others that show up first but it is there
    The Profile Picture is open to just members, so I use a better picture of all of me. And over 700 pictures in Picture Gallery
    Hugs, Ellen

Mine is just an example of the look I would love to present. Her name is pixiwoo or Samantha Chapman, a makeup artist in London. She is absolutely drop dead gorgeous and a crazy good MUA. Im not against putting my own picture up as I do have a decent female presentation when dressed. From time to time, I get a some compliments and a few women have even asked me for advice on their outfits. That level of acceptance is all one could ask for.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    ClosetED I beg to differ with you I googled my name as you suggested and nothing about me came up anywhere.
    I went thru the long list too.
    I googled you too and nothing not even a mention so I have to ask where on earth did you hear that you could do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    ClosetED I beg to differ with you I googled my name as you suggested and nothing about me came up anywhere.
    I went thru the long list too.
    I googled you too and nothing not even a mention so I have to ask where on earth did you hear that you could do that?
    She's right. If you type "Tracii G crossdresser" into google images, it shows you photos of almost everyone on this site.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    OK I see it did show up well I have no issues with that.
    I keep things clean and respectable so no worries.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-23-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I use photos of myself----Even though I am closeted, I am one of those people who looks DRASTICALLY different in a wig and makeup---and I like my look

I have just Googled my avatar and seen myself there, my question is how did Google Images get hold of our Avatars! I thought this site was secure!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Platinum Member
    1) I do, at the moment, but at other times I've used avatars for anonymity or to reflect my mood and/or self image at a given time....including a nine-winged aircraft that never quite got off the ground!
    2) I tried to pick the best pic I had at the moment - sadly, that was it!
    3) from the cam on my desktop computer. But I have gotten others from Google images and those available via CD.com
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt