Thread: The guy in Xray was into Goth !!

Banned Read only

The guy in Xray was into Goth !!

OK another outing stepping stone .

I had an appointment to get the arthritis in my big toes checked at my GP's surgery ,so I went dressed in a skirt and Tshirt with wedges I could easliy slip off and of course makeup and wig and even my toes painted !! He had a quick look and printed out an Xray request for me to take to the hospital . We talked more about transition than my feet , so it's clear I have support if I need it .

The information on the Xray sheet showed that they do evening session from 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm so I grabbed a quick meal to catch the 5.30 slot , I decided to change into my slim fit jeans striped Tshirt and flat canvas shoes otherwise still made up . I had a great conversation with a Canadian lady while she waited for her husband, she was very interested about the family side of my dressing , she said I can see your'e happy and looked great . The radioligist booked me into the hospital system and offered me the options of what name and gender did I wish to use . For the nedical register I stuck with male and my normal name but if I had been on hormones I did have a choice . He than came out to me , saying you're not the only one to wear makeup and then admitted he's into Goth with heavy eye makeup and dark lipstick , he didn't mention the clothes but I'm sure he would have told me if we'd had more time .

So there we go another enjoyable day dressed , and another one coming out to me , I really am beginning to regret not pushing to be out more sooner , I know it's so easy to see it all in hindsight but where are all the obstacles so many of us fear , given half the chance there are so many just waiting to be free to come out themselves .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-06-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Good story and I think most of the medical occupation is accepting now more so as maybe they have already seen and understand what we do. Also they are highly regarded as just taking care of our health and not giving their thoughts on CD.

Sorry to hear about your arthritis problems Teresa. I'm a sufferer too so I know how painful it can be. I have already had one hip replaced and the other will need to be done at some point, and I have it in my hands too.

It must be great to have a supportive GP. I went to see mine today about my prostate problem and I had intended taking to him about hormones to increase my breast size but unfortunately he was running late and I could tell that it probably would not be a good idea to broach the subject there and then. I have got to go for an ultrasound scan to find out what's going on which should be interesting as my bikini tan lines are quite prominent. My trapped nerve enforced resting and this recent sunshine was too much to resist. It looks like I will be coming out to the ultrasound tech whether I like it or not!
    Sasha

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I read all your posts, Teresa. And, I have to admit I'm often jealous of how incredibly social u r!

On the other hand? I expect I'm anti social because I usually don't find strangers stories that interesting or care to share mine with people I will never see again.

Mostly? I find it all a waste of my valuable time. I much prefer wasting it here with u!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Goths are generally very accepting of people wanting to express themselves. They are also familiar with being mocked and ostracized for how they dress.

I'm an old goth myself, and back in my younger days both Hazel and my drab self were made equally welcome in the local goth clubs.

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I can't help myself , it's a sad fact but so much had been supressed before I separated ,including my sense of fun and humour ( not to mention mu CDing ), I love to make people smile . Like you at our age we have seen so much of life , I would say your occupation like mine brought you into contact with so many differnt people , as a photogapher I had to get the best out of them . OK looking back it was the natural occupation for me because I did relate to people , they all have a good side, sometimes you have to dig for it , I'm not great at telling jokes but I do have great fun stories .

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I really am beginning to regret not pushing to be out more sooner...
    But would you have had the confidence to make Teresa's life work? You took a long time to make the decision - being pushed out sooner might have backfired spectacularly.

I imagine you feel lucky that you've come so far in a single lifetime- most don't.

I suppose you've seen Secrets & Lies?
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    Like I said , hindsight is a wonderful thing , you can put the World to right in your own mind but regretably it's too late in the real World .

I could have gained almost twenty years if I'd separated in my forties , which again in hindsight it should have happened when I first came out to my wife . Once those words were spoken there was no going back , the damage was done . We talk about being honest to our partners , perhaps my wife should have been more honest with me . Ah Well !! It's all history now .

We only have a single liftime so if it doesn't happen now it never will , at the moment I'm ignoring my age otherwise it could become a self inflicted barrier even a self imposed DADT . OK at the moment I am saying , " To Hell with it !" I'm fit and active enough to play a little catch up and enjoy what I have now ,the time is right , we have a far more open society .