Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips on walking like a female

Tips on walking like a female

I've just about given up on trying to pass. My walk and posture screams male. Any suggestions! I made several videos to help me improve my walk. Since I seem to be a bit bowlegged I've learned to turn my toes outward slightly as I walk which makes it less pronounced. I do slump my shoulders and try to be conscious of keeping my shoulders back and chest out. I'm hoping someone will have a good suggestion. I've heard of pretending to keep a dime suspended between my butt cheeks and walk to help keep my legs together. Doesn't work for me!

Watch u-tube videos, get the legs in shape, and practice practice practice. I laid a long string on the wood floors and tried to walk beside it while placing my left almost in front of the right, and then vice versa. I did this over and over till I got the walk closer to what I have observed in the female walk. Might help but don't break a leg... all the while concentrating on being kinda prissy in your hip movements.
    Last edited by Jaylyn; 05-21-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Shoulders down, shoulders back, chest out--that is perfect. Head level. So I have heard. Also try to walk with your feet on a single straight line--like a model. In fact, exaggerate the walk when you are first learning; it helps. Elbows in tight, close to the body. Only slight hand motions. Watch these fashion models. It appears they are not allowed to smile. Nor allowed much in the way of makeup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUNnncJRiOI

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Like Jennifer says, one front in front of the other in a single line and swing those hips (literally let them swing out to each side with each step). And all the other stuff she said about shoulders, chest etc.

I try to also shift my weight allowing the butt cheek to sway with the shift in weight.

Hi,

This has been shown many times. It's a stick person that allows you to change the gender and hence the walk.

As has been said many times it's as much about observing and trying to imitate GG's. I personally think you also have to get into a mindset where you're relaxed and feeling that "femme" vibe and just let it flow.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Aspiring Member
    Watching back videos of myself really helped me too. Keeping the elbows tight to the body was a real game changer for me. Confidence in your walk is a real help to. Easier said than done!

This is a tough one for me, I want to walk like the sexy ladies but being a large muscular build it just does not happen. But according to my wife, I do walk like the powerlifting/bodybuilding girls when they are in heels ...But I have watched tons of videos and observeded in the mall and at the office and try to mimick what I see
    Look at me, a LARGE power lifting man and under all of this Makeup & Lace and if I can look pretty than so can you!

Even in drab I walk a bit like a lady.

It is a habit you have to form, it takes time.

All the previous advice is quite valid.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've been practising this for a while. Persistence is key. Every few months I video myself walking, and noting improvements. It's a slow and steady path, as you're learning a completely new way of walking.

All the advice re: posture is great. The best advice I had for walking was "lead with the hip". Men lead with the leg. That is, the first part of the stride is moving the thigh forward. Women lead with the hip. It takes some getting used to, but if you do that, you'll find that you take shorter steps and your feet naturally "walk the line".

I had a great link, but the link has changed. If I can find it, I'll post here later.

Best of luck,

Michelle.

Gold Member
    That is why I do not try to go out dresses. With me needing a walker or a cane, and looking like
    Paul Bonyon in a dress, I leave my dressing at home. This way I feel no pressure to be what I am not.
    Rader

My wife's best advice was shoulders back and push your chest out, women love to show there breast, and once you do that everything else just follows.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I find wearing 4"+ spike heels helps me A LOT!

Hi heels change my posture. Forcing my shoulders back. And, spikes force me to balance myself carefully when I stride. I can't duplicate that motion or rhythm in low, blocky heels, or flats!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I agree with what the others have said. It is difficult to get the walk and keep it for long. Heels do help. And thrusting your hip forward some too. That is as the right foot goes forward move/thrust the right side of your pelvis/hip forward too, same with the other side for that step. And the one foot almost in front of the other too. I sometimes try it as I am walking around stores just for fun although I am not in heels, I don't try and pass so most of my walking is in drab or underdressed, heels only at home. Sherrii

Banned Read only
    LRoberts,
    Take a look how some GGs walk they aren't that elegant , we can overdo it but I find turning my hands out so the elbows stay close to my body has the effect on the rest of the body , the hips move differently , also try and take smaller steps, many women walk hestitantly , as if they are stepping on eggshells .

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Hi,

This has been shown many times. It's a stick person that allows you to change the gender and hence the walk.

As has been said many times it's as much about observing and trying to imitate GG's. I personally think you also have to get into a mindset where you're relaxed and feeling that "femme" vibe and just let it flow.
    Mindset is absolutely key. Let your mind be feminine and the movements will come naturally.

Also practice makes perfect so get on your heels and strut across the hall and work it to some girly music. It totally helps me set the mood.

If you're wearing heels walk heel-to-toe. This means place the heel of the fore foot in front of the toe of the back foot. Keep your shoulders back head looking forward.

I don't wear heels so my heel-to-toe gait is not as precise.

I found this on line a long time ago it might help.

https://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html

I found this on youtube (https://youtu.be/p70B93DFd10)
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Try taking a video of yourself, you will be able to see right away how you are walking and what to change. Be forewarned, seeing yourself for the first time can be kindof disheartening, it was for me. As always lots of good advice here. Good luck.

Platinum Member
    I've watched videos on Youtube. I've observed women in the wild under differing circumstances; dresses and heels to shorts and athletic shoes. There are differences in bone structure between men and women. The biggest differences I've observed in the length of the stride and the movement of the arms. Men seem to 'kick out' their feet when walking with longer strides. Men also seem to swing their arms more. Wearing heels definitely will cause a person to walk differently. Posture is different when wearing heels or when flatfooted. Perhaps as an in-home aid a pencil skirt will force you to take shorter strides. To stop the swinging of the arms perhaps practicing carrying something in front of you with two hands will help. Much of what I see in the wild with women is learned behavior. Women have to learn how to run in high heels. The action in time has to become a subconscious movement.

One other issue that has come to mind before posting is the physique of the woman. Heavy set women and slim women do not move in the same manner. If you're watching a skinny runway model the movement is totally different than a plus size woman at the mall.

and of course, we can all learn to walk with attitude like Olivia Pope!

https://youtu.be/-q8V678CJug

Thanks everyone for some great advice. I've started videoing again. One foot in front of the other, shorter steps, leading with the hip, chest out and shoulders back!!
    Helps to have your boobs on! I'm wearing my 3 1/5 inch heels, 5 inch heels and 6 inch platforms. Seem to do better in the 5 inch heels. Toes slightly out to bring calves in. I'm still slightly slumped over at the shoulders but ok for a 73 year old. Thanks again for the great advice.

Banned Read only
    One tip I read that hasn't been mentioned is to turn your arms out so you palms are up or forward. I read this helps emulate the "looser" arm movements a GG's body makes.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Taking smaller steps is a start. A little hip sway helps but that takes lots of practice and you have to keep remembering to do it. Not easy.