Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outing yourself to your doctor

Great point on the forms Teresa, too heavy and they will pull. Per the fitter at SOMA, if your adjusters are twisting your straps aren't tight enough allowing some play and movement. You don't want them cutting you in half, but they need to be secure. If you've never had a fitting done, go, and if its been more than a year since you have been fitted, go again. Not only do the bras wear out and stretch from wearing and washing, we change as well. I get fitted / checked every 6 or 7 months.

Sorry if I derailed your thread

This past few years i have been getting older and needing to go more new doctors for various things .
    There are always forms to fill out . I have noticed that lately some of the forms will have a check off for gender : male ? Frmale? Other?
    I will fill in “other” and write in the word “mixed gender/trans” .
    On one recent visit with a new urologist doctor having done this ,they did notice this and circle my handwritten “mixed gender” declaration
    It was a nice thing to see this and just get it off my chest .

Also on another more recent new doctor first visit , I went to meet a new endocrinologist .
    Meeting her I didnt beat around the bush in telling her that i am mixed gendered and also identify as transgender.
    For me , the more i confront my own self with my own gender i.d. , It gets easier to disclose this info to doctors, and also to other people who are important to me.