Thread: If you are in the closet like me, never dress in front of a 3 year old. Here's why

If you are in the closet like me, never dress in front of a 3 year old. Here's why

"Those belong to daddy," he said this morning while patting my wife's left breast. "Give them back."

My wife thought it was weird. It took me a minute or two to realize what he was probably referring to.

If needed, explain that you told child that wife’s breasts were your toys to play with.

Banned Read only
    I have to ask why you dressed in front of your child when you are in the closet?

As a parent myself I can tell you that children see and hear everything. I don't think it is fair to expect or demand a child keep your secret.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 05-24-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Kids have no filter...

Kids will say just about anything, to anyone.

Pretty in Pink

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Parenting is not a game.
    If you are in the closet then why did you dress in front of him?
    If this is your first child you should have learned a valuable lesson here.

Amy, so you are out to your son! Thank you for your advice so others can learn.

Did you dress in your form in front of your kid? If not how did he know you had boobs like his mother. I've raised four kids and you'll find they will say any and every thing at anytime in front of anyone.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Let me be sure I understand:

You're out to your kid(s) but not your wife?
    That seems backwards to me-----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Even a three year old can be more perceptive than you would think, and yes they will not hold back if they want to tell someone something (I remember what my kids were like). Has your wife made any reference to the incident since?
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Most likely your son won't remember any of it. Your wife definitely will.

It would have been funny if he grabbed her pocketbook.

Banned Read only
    The way I am reading your son's observation is he saw you insert forms into a bra. That's the only way I can wrap my brain around a mound of "something" protruding from your wife's chest. You're lucky your wife did not ask your son what he meant. "Oh, daddy can take is off." I hope the next time your wife puts a dress on your son doesn't say "Daddy wears a dress too!" I'm just shaking my head in disbelief. As someone has already said, kids do not have a filter.

I'm worried enough that our cat is going to let on. I certainly wouldn't entertain the idea of dressing in front of a toddler, though it's quite some years since I even would've had the opportunity

So, yes, what everyone said, but honest and true -- that was funny! ("Give them back!" I can just hear the tone of outraged toddler justice.)
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I believe about two years of age is about all you can dress in front of a toddler, after that they are likely to remember.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

SMH

Is not anyone going to comment on the fact that the OP was, apparently, charged with caring for a small human being, yet took the time to indulge their own needs to dress? I mean, it takes time to get pretty, yeah? what was junior doing while daddy got girly?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Amy,

Sounds like you feel as though you 'dodged a bullet', and got away with something unnoticed. Certainly the lesson has been learned. There's no need to scold you or even warn you against dressing in front of your offspring (or anyone whom you do not want to know). OTH.... accidents do and will happen in the future. Just reading the narratives here should confirm that eventually the Truth will squirm free and reveal itself. No need to accelerate the revelation or let it escape out of control.
    Information control and security is everything especially for a soul who is IN THE CLOSET. Amy, for my advice, begin first with coming out to your wife (if you are closeted to her). She is your most important link in life right now; your prioritized and important life. It will not be easy, but trust me. Earlier is better than later. As one who lived in denial for most of his life and hid "it' for 4 decades, coming out by accident (otherwise known as getting caught), doesn't get easier with age and the maturity of the relationship. Find a way with love, Amy and free yourself too.
    Hugs.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I don't even like dressing in front of the dog.

Amy,

Just to make matters worst, your child goes off to nursery and draws a pucture of mommy and daddy. Next thing you know a concerned professional is wondering about child protection issues.

Unless you want to out yourself in a very bad, marriage destructive way, don't dress in front of your kid again.

Helen -- an interesting thought and certainly has been true in the past, but these days I think awareness of transgenderism is established well enough that if the question came up it could be settled with that professional in two words: "I'm transgender."
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Thank you for the reminder ss right now I watch my grandson a couple of days a week and right now I can get away dressing in front of him except for the wig freeks him out lol. But soon I won't be able to. My stepdaughter already suspects That I do somethong but not sure

Yikes! Children don't have filters yet, at least for another 10 to 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by LeannS View Post
    Thank you for the reminder ss right now I watch my grandson a couple of days a week and right now I can get away dressing in front of him except for the wig freeks him out lol. But soon I won't be able to. My stepdaughter already suspects That I do somethong but not sure

You need to be extremely careful! I know you love your grandson and would never hurt him.
    But in this day and age, all it takes is an accusation to really ef up your life!
    Because, ya know, all crossdressers are pedophiles.......
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Many years ago, I was watching my daughter (she was three-ish) and took the opportunity to dress up as she was napping. She woke up before I could finish, and I knew that I didn't have a choice but to be honest. I had my forms in and was wearing a bra. I was straightforward and told her that these are Daddy's boobs and I wear them occasionally.

I've been incredibly fortunate in that she seems to have forgotten about it and hasn't brought it up. My wife knows about my dressing and doesn't really mind, but I don't know what she'd say about this.

Amy, i think that you posted in the wrong place, there is a thread named "the dumbest thing you've done in the pink fog"
    I don't find any other explanation but i don't knoe if it's dumbest to posted here...honestly...
    Last edited by Devi SM; 06-01-2018 at 05:24 PM.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION