Thread: Cosmetics sites

Cosmetics sites

A while ago I was trying to find a place to by make up as I'm still a little to shy about buying it in the store. MAC is my favourite (www.maccosmetics.com), but a little expensive although they have an "ask an artist" feature where you can ask any question about what colors are perfect for you, they usually reply within 24 hours. I did however go to www.avon.ca (or www.avon.com) the make up there is reasonably priced and was delivered the next day. when the package arrived, i was so excited i was shaking. anyway, it felt just as good as if i was in the store picking out my own items.

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    Oh baby! You're just beggin' for the Makeup Diva to come right in!
    I would suggest www.sephora.com or www.qvc.com. Better selection, better cosmetics (not better than mac, in fact I think Sephora carries mac) and a great return policy. Can't go wrong with either.

hugs
    kew
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

Let me be your guinea pig...

I really need help on this, girls. I'm partially color blind, so being certain that my makeup is right is very unnerving for me. So, what's a girl to do? I can experiment all I want alone at home, but I'll never be sure that I look okay, so I think I should go get a makeover or some kind of instruction, but where? I don't want to sound helpless, but, HELP, HELP, HELP!!! And, who to go to? Where is a good, reliable place to start? I've heard the MAC counter has a good rep w/ cds. I don't want to just walk up to a counter somewhere and risk asking someone who is not going to be a professional. Is it appropriate to call ahead and ask if I can make an appt? I assume I should go en femme, right? I really want to get past this, so I can get comfortable with makeup and so I can start stepping out with confidence. Thoughts?
    Chrissy

try this site http://www.makeoversolutions.com/ you can put your own picture in and experiment. alot of the cosmetics websites have make-up artists you can ask, give them your colors and ask them for suggestions, if you're too shy to go to the counters and you don't know a woman that will help (my wife really helped me alot), then try searching for tips online. and really it comes down to practice practice practice, i've been wearing makeup since i was probably 16 (not out though, unfortunately - all that work!) and i've gotten quite good at it.

Kew!!!

I must've been moving my lips as I read your post, because my credit card has dived under my bed, whimpering, and won't come out!!!

Sephora don't deliver to UK or Aus though, so it may be safe....

A-ha!!! Have just re-read their website, and they DO deliver to the UK! And my poor credit card just tried to bite me in fear when I reached for it - this could take some time
    Last edited by Lily_gg; 10-27-2004 at 06:24 AM. Reason: didn't read sephora website properly - duh!
    Life is not about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself

Platinum Member
    if your not shure what you realy need use the up comeing holaday to help go to the cosmetics counter and tell the girl you are going to be a girl for halloween and need some help picking out what you need most realy will get into it have some fun with free cding day

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily_gg
    A-ha!!! Have just re-read their website, and they DO deliver to the UK! And my poor credit card just tried to bite me in fear when I reached for it - this could take some time
    I'm glad they do sweety, is your card smoking yet?

he he he

hugs
    kew
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

Thanks Allison!

I added the site to my favorites.
    Chrissy

no problem, keep trying, you'll be a pro before you know it! remember slow and steady.

Wait!

We are still talking about makeup, right?

Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Lily_gg
    Kew!!!

I must've been moving my lips as I read your post, because my credit card has dived under my bed, whimpering, and won't come out!!!

Sephora don't deliver to UK or Aus though, so it may be safe....

your credit card and mine are probably hiding in the same place...this is addictive and financially dangerous... but, it feels good. wenda.

Mine's getting hot, too!

I just threw caution to the wind and dumped a few hundred more on the card last night. I bought a cute Lil' Bo Peep costume for Saturday night, and a pvc nurse outfit for a back up... There's a tg bash in the big city I hope to make it to, so wish me luck. I'm nervous as hell!
    Chrissy

Sephora don't actually deliver to the UK yet - that site is 'coming soon', so at least that credit card is safe for now! Having said which, it's great fun ordering things in the UK and getting them delivered to bf's house - am going shopping at Sh! soon, and he's not allowed to open the packages - they'll be surprises!!! (Sh! is a fab non-sleazy girls only store in Soho London, calls itself a women's erotic emporium, found online at www.sh-womenstore.com - not for the easily embarrassed, but they seem to deliver to most places - they'd deliver here, but I'd have to pay customs duty on my new toys!!! )

I'm also shopping like crazy over here anyway - it was Clinique bonus time not so long ago - I looooooooooove bonus time!

Amelie
    Thanks Allison and Kew for those sites, but they are out of my price range. I have to shop at Rite-Aid, and CVS when they have a sale on.

For JulieJ and Fiona CVS is similar to Boots.

Love Amelie

Boots is great - advantage points = FREE STUFF!!! Especially in the bigger branches that do all the really expensive ranges too - I love Urban Decay (who don't seem to be in Oz), Clinique, and Chanel - mmmmmm!!!!

i asked at a cosmetic place & at www.Covergirl.com they have a rep for online chat w help...havent tried makeup yet but am going to.
    i may go to a counter or just pick some up in drugstore.
    and if someone i met works out...she said she would help me buy makeup & put it on..
    i am just trying to pick up tips and have to practice then

just takes nerve and practice

I have found that I get better and better just by practicing. I would agree that slow and steady is the key.

Julie
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    Thanks Allison and Kew for those sites, but they are out of my price range. I have to shop at Rite-Aid, and CVS when they have a sale on.

For JulieJ and Fiona CVS is similar to Boots.

Love Amelie

Thanks Amelie, for a minute there I thought CVS was similar to the WVS (Women's Volunteer Service)

Julie J