Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Purging all the clothes

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I hear you Irene, but: '3. The ladies that i might date...'

Why not start out honest right from the start? Date enough ladies and sooner or later...
    I used to have a short attention spa

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Of course I've purged, who hasn't??
    I have downsized. But only to make room for new items.

Oops, there was The Great Panty Purge of '16. But, can you blame me? Those things were multiplying like tribbles. Besides, the ones that got away were too big.

Irene if you have a privacy issue and security is a problem get a storage locker. Store your things there.
    But never purge it only costs you more in the long run. Oh you will replace the things you got rid of and more storage locker is the answer
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Never purged, never needed to. If I were to, I might consider contacting a LGBT group and see if they have someone interested in a share day.

I purged once. All I can say is that it will haunt you like a ghost and before you know it you will enjoy buying more clothes again. Just learn to accept yourself for who you are. Hugs and kisses..... xoxo

I cycle my clothing regularly, getting rid of stuff I don't wear or in one case I wore an outfit out and clearly didn't blend in. It went into the goodwill bin as soon as I got home. I will never wholesale purge ever again. Of course now it would be several thousand dollars worth of stuff.

Thank you for all the replies.
    Yes, I am aware of the high chance to crossdress again in the future (been through it several times in the last 20 years).

@CarlaWestin is right to claim it as paranoia, not about being ashamed though. This will always be true for any of us who has not or decided not to come out to family and friends.

@AuntKelly, thank you for sharing your experience.

@Alice Torn, you saying "getting myself in dangerous territory" resonates with how i feel. In the last few months, my clothes collection has doubled and i begin to toy around with the idea of risqué behaviour and dressing styles.

Irene,

Sounds like you are in that weird torn zone of Self Denial; back and forth between the desire and the guilt/shame.
    Once free of the shame and guilt, all will be well. Otherwise you'll continue through the denial cycle of joy followed by self punishment (purging).

I can't say I have purged. My forum Sisters have saved me from it. But I came quite near to doing it. I stored up everything for over a month. I think I was trying to prove something to The Wife at the time; like I could live without being Me. My God..... I thought I had been killed and was in mourning for myself. I "killed" Ilene by putting her away. Can't even describe the funk I was in. It was almost as bad as the end of my first sea deployment. Thankfully, I wisely kept the wardrobe.

Do the same.
    More important, you may consider adding a bit of audacity to your bearing. Maybe time for introspection and having a clear understanding of your femme life and where you are going with it. Trust me Irene, it doesn't get any easier with age to come to grips with your inner woman. Come out in some way NOW, to yourself and to the world. Shake off the shame and guilt.
    Hugs.
    Last edited by IleneD; 05-27-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

it's really sad that some of us have this fear of being found out, including myself. I don't have as much to be afraid of as I use to though. No wife, no kids, self employed. Still, I don't wanna come out to my long time friends.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I went through several "splurge and purge" cycles. Then I stopped. My reasons:

1. These are my clothes. I'm not going to throw them away.
    2. Crossdressing is a strength, not a weakness. If you doubt this, think about how much courage it took to start shopping in the ladies department. How much courage it took to go out dressed in public, etc. That's strength, not weakness.
    3. Back during junior high when all the other girls were getting boobs, I prayed every night that I'd get boobs too. Now I've got breast forms and a ton of bras. I finally found a way to look normal. Getting rid of my bras and breastforms is unthinkable.
    4. I got old enough that I ceased to care what other people thought of me.
    5. I like myself better when I'm en femme. I can act natural and not have to worry about appearing "unmasculine."

But there are some reasons to purge (partially).
    1. My closet is so jammed with dresses that they hold themselves up without using hangars.
    2. The things I don't wear anymore outnumber the things I wear regularly.
    3. Things wear out.
    4. Significant weight gain, or loss. (Hopefully loss.)
    5. Changing styles. (A few years ago it was solid pomegranate everything. Now it's flower patterns. And leopard patterns.)

That sums it up spend a fortune on beautiful clothes and then decide to dangerous might get caught donate it all to charity. Now doing for 5th time just can't quit can't figure myself out Just Love dressing as a Woman it feel comfy and so Right. Yes still in closet and getting older fast. If some one has the answer please let me know.Send me a private message would not want to miss the answer.

I have purged a couple of times, but the last time I had the urge to purge I did something different.
    I packed up everything in a couple of boxes and put them in the garage. Since I rarely go out to the garage, the boxes were out of my sight.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Never purged,can understand some of the reasons for doing so,but its just never got to that stage for me
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    Still, I don't wanna come out to my long time friends.
    I felt the same way for a long time. Recently, I came out to 4 of my 5 best friends, two of which have been friends for 20 years. I was tired of the closet. It's dark and stuffy in there.

Result: they are still my 4 top friends. The 5th, a childhood friend, I only rarely see, I prefer to do these things face-to-face, so I have yet to tell him.

It confirmed to me that these truly are friends. If someone breaks off a friendship with you after coming out, they weren't a true friend.

Purged when I was younger (started CDing at around 11-12 y.o.) and then purged various items again when in college and during early part of marriage.
    All times of those were due to the "guilt cycle" and fear of getting caught.
    Fast forward to today - purging no more. The closest thing now would be my first donation of a spring jacket that I impulse bought before I came out, but don't want to wear today.
    Back to the thrift shop from whence it came!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I purged many times with the stupid thought that if I had no clothes around I would have less of an urge to dress. Well that didn't work! Now I only get rid of dresses to make room for better ones.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I've never felt the need to purge, mainly because I love dressing and never want to stop. The waste of money involved is also a factor. I can understand that people might have a good reason to do it though.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    As a teen I purged maybe twice, making stealth bike-rides in the wee hours of the morning to a local industrial park with plenty of unlocked and open garbage bins. After I graduated high school I came to the realization that I did not want to repeat the process as it was difficult to obtain a decent wardrobe. Thirty years later I have not purged since other than donating/discarding items that were slightly the wrong size or were damaged/worn out.

While dressing is very much a personally exciting hobby for me I have invested far too much time, money and mental energy to ever purge again...and I simply enjoy it too much even if done in my private time (with knows and cuts me space for it.) If I ever tire of it (right) I will simply store the wardrobe away no matter how much space it takes.

I purged twice, most recently two years ago, with the same thought as many; that I would never need them again. Like the others I was wrong. I came back a few weeks ago; assembling new outfits, wig, etc. Glad to be back, and no more purging.

too bad you lost your most favorite possession ....your identity ....your escape to who you are .......and at the end you are waisting all the money for nothing ,,,because you are going to start all over again .....
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

Like many others here, I never purge entirely, but I do donate things I never wear, for whatever reason. My wardrobe isn’t extensive, (it fits in a footlocker, except for 3-4 pairs of shoes) and I get everything from thrift stores. So there is lots of turnover, but it doesn’t cost me much. But wholesale purging? No.

Side note: I buy most of my gurl clothing for $1/pound. God bless St. Vinnies.

I have purged a few times, typically in the beginnings of a new serious relationship.

I often regret it and wish I just boxed things up and put them in storage. When I start dressing again I tend to buy the same styles again and often the panties I really liked before are no longer made

Unfortunate purging is a common theme but I keep saying don't do it. Fight it you will regret those beautiful clothes you tossed away.

Purges seem to be a regular part of cross dressing, learning to accept who you are doesn't come easy when the whole world looks at you like a freak. My first purge came at around 13, we moved and for safety's sake everything had to go, or risk being caught again, and I had been warned never to let that happen again. After I grew up and got married, I started a real wardrobe, all bought for me, and not found or "borrowed". outed myself to my wife, and a year latter I was single again, and I purged, out of guilt and remorse, moved back with family and didn't dress again for years.
    Got married again, and vowed to never dress again. Five years into my marriage I was so unhappy, great women, good live, and still I hated my life, finally confessed to my wife, how unhappy I was because of my inner struggle with myself. With great relief, she turned out to be the best support system a Trans could ever ask for. Now I days after 40 + years of an understanding wife, who enjoys shopping for girly gifts for her husband, enough income to shop often enough to satisfy the clothes house in me, I only come close to a purge, if it's old, worn, way out of style, and doesn't fit, lucky me, there is not much that fits in all of those category's. I've taken over most of the closet, and drawers in our room, as my wife is not interested in clothes, prefers 1 style of pants, and one type of blouse, and that doesn't take up much space, and I get the rest of it. After all this years I still miss a couple of those things that where lost in the first adult purge.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I have only purged everything twice between 2000 and 2004. At the present time I have no intention or need to purge again. My current wardrobe fills an entire walkin closet plus one other closet.