Thread: Made my Debut!

Made my Debut!

After a year of nerves and delays, I finally (with the encouragement of my therapist) did it: A full makeover (thanks to Gina at TS Transitions in So Cal), styling and a visit to Hamburger Mary's in Long Beach. This was my first time made up and first time in public. The makeover was great although I was a bit too nervous to make much small talk at the bar with the other girls and had zero interest in talking to the guys who were there (each to their own but they creeped me out- even greater respect for what GG's and full-timers put up with). I felt good enough about my look and the amount that Gina had changed my presentation that I walked around Pine Street (still lots of people at 12:30AM) and felt great. A few comments but mostly positive! Thanks also to Jaime, the Hostess at Hamburger Mary's for the free drink and intros- the staff at HM was really great.

Hopefully this pic attached of the night and you can see the makeover in my avatar.

BTW, decided a while ago that Shelley didn't quite fit, and I changed my fem name to Shayla, which I like a lot better. I dont think I can change my name in the profile, so it may just have to stay Shelley for now on this forum...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations on your first(s) Shayla!
    You look great.
    You can request a name change in the "Forum Issues, Help and News" section
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

hey whos your friend their, shes kinda cute.

congratz on the makeover and getting out into the wild....its infectious, stay away from the bars and you wont have to deal with "admirers"
    whats next....
    Last edited by mykell; 05-25-2018 at 05:55 AM.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Platinum Member
    Shelley or Shayla, you look great!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wow, you look great and the congratulations on those big steps.

Hey, I know that lady you're posing with. LOL
    Congratulations on your first outing. It gets easier, and more fun. Yes, even the "admirers". Flattery and free drinks, honey. Just sayin'. You don't have to give them anything more than a smile and polite conversation.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Congrats!
    You turned out great and glad you enjoyed yourself

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you! Nice pic

Nice pic Shayla.

I like Shelly as a name.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Congrats Shayla, such a rollercoaster getting out for the first time! Hope to see many more adventures soon!

I messaged a moderator who kindly added my name over for me a while back (previously Miss Secret)

Tammy

Thanks to all of you for the positive comments! As Tamsin said in another post, this site really is a blessing to have and be a part of. The positive energy and acceptance here is so awesome!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Shelley and all:
    Please be aware that Mary's big T girl nite is the first Sat. of every month. That is when you'll see 500+ folks there and most of them T's!

They also throw a weekly T karaoke event at Mary's. But, it's NOT the same! Usually less T's than men and under 100 total people.
    Every other nite is T friendly but for gay and/or lesbians primarily!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!