Thread: Take Me Out To The Ballgame!......Okay...I will!!!!

Take Me Out To The Ballgame!......Okay...I will!!!!

So Joni shared with me that she really wanted to go see a baseball game dressed! I said "Sure!" I haven't been to a game in years and I think it would be fun. Since we live in Cincinnati, Baseball is a pretty big deal.

So the preparations began. Joni picked out an outfit she thought she would like. Unfortunately, the blue jean skirt she ordered online was a little too long. Luckily we have a seamstress nearby that does not charge us too much for alterations, so we took it to her to take care of.
    The first Red's shirt she bought online was WAY too big, so she had to send it back for a smaller size. I had difficulty finding ANY shirts that I liked. I ended up just going to a local discount store and buying one.
    Joni also had to get a pair of gym shoes, since she only owns flats and heals! She found a cheap pair at the same discount store.

Joni picked the tickets...but because of an issue with her name on the website...not related to CDing..I had to buy the tickets.

We picked a weekday game, since all of our teens would be in school.

We parked in a lot we have used before when going downtown, and walked to one of our favorite restaurants near the stadium. We enjoyed a lovely lunch with some spectacular Brews! The waitress and manager referred to us as "Ladies" and that seemed just perfect. We had pretty good seats for the game. Walking downtown went fine (we had never tried this in broad daylight) I didn't even notice any second glances. I think we look a lot like sisters! So I think people just assume we are! LOL
    It was a weekday game so it wasn't as packed as a weekend. There were a LOT of school groups there though since it is the end of the school year here. I guess a lot of schools do a Red's Game as a field trip.
    The game was awesome!! We did get rained on a little, but we hung out in a little pub until it passed. Joni was able to go order drinks on her own, and go to the restroom on her own without any difficulty.
    All and All it was a spectacular Day... the icing on the cake was that THEY WON!!!!!! WOO!!HOO!
    We will definitely have another baseball game outing again!

Thanks for reading my long post!20180509_132937.jpg20180509_133236.jpg

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    What a great outing. And yes, the two of you do look like sisters! Congratulations! May there be many more successful outings in your future.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    looks like you had great fun

Two sisters going to the game what's any better than that lol. I'm glad y'all had a grea time at the game. You both look great.

Glad you had fun. It is cool that you got to shoot some selfies for social media while a baseball game was taking place in the background. Gotta love that sport!

How exciting. What a great time you both had.

Platinum Member
    That’s a wonderful day together!

Thanks for sharing such a fun outing - you both look great

I see nothing wrong with two nice girls going to a ball game, if i was a guy I might have tried to hit on you. :-)

You both look great.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Looks like you had a good time.
    And for a bonus you got to see a win for the Reds. Wins seem to be few and far between this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GracieRose View Post
    Looks like you had a good time.
    And for a bonus you got to see a win for the Reds. Wins seem to be few and far between this year.
    Right??? We were hoping to start a trend but.....

Thanks for sharing your great outing, looks like the two of you had an awesome time!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    What a great story. You are an amazing couple. I'm in awe.

Silver Member
    Glad you had a great time. And the Reds won! Don't get me started there. Now what happens is you get caught on the kiss cam? Fortunately, I don't think the camera guys are that savy. But we'll have to ask Jill if she knows any of the camera men.

I have to thank my wife, greeneyes, for this wonderful day (and every other day she makes wonderful!!). For me, this was a bit of a bucket-list item

Thank-you, love!! I am lucky beyond words...
    In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

sounds like a good time was had by all.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    Now what happens is you get caught on the kiss cam? Fortunately, I don't think the camera guys are that savy. But we'll have to ask Jill if she knows any of the camera men.
    IF we did then I guess some people would get a surprise! LOL

Looks like a fun outing for sisters.

You both look great!

Im a BIG Reds fan.

Should do that some time and wear my Pete Rose jersey.