Thread: Unusual dream

Unusual dream

Hi everyone I haven't been here in a while and it's nice to be back. I had an unusual occurrence on Friday night that I felt I really had to share.

Two pieces of information that might prove relevant to this occurrence are:-
    1. I am a closet cross-dresser with zero intention of transitioning from male to female and I am perfectly happy with this. 2. For 364 days out of the year, if I dream at night I have no recollection at all in the morning when I wake up.

It is this second point that really stood out on Friday night or in fact Saturday morning when I woke up from having a very vivid dream. I was startled that I was recalling a dream that included sound and feelings. What I can remember of the dream, I was fully dressed and out in public, (which is something I have never done) and I was completely contented and at ease with myself. I couldn't have been happier if someone has walked up and given me a million pounds. As I was sashaying down the street someone walked past and said 'Oh, hello Danny' (this is not my Bob name). I felt immediately crushed at having been misgendered, the fact that the person hadn't recognised the male me was of no concern. When I woke up I still felt hurt and upset. One other point that I forgot to mention is that I had the opportunity to dress on Saturday night for the first time in over 6 months.

Like I said this is a very unusual occurrence for me and I'm still trying to understand if there is a deeper meaning to it.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Martine x

I think your dream could be interpreted in many ways. Maybe you deep down want to go out, I think dreams are sometimes our inner feelings coming out. My craziest dream has been me being nude and standing in a grocery store trying to hide from customers.

Thanks for the reply Jaylyn. I wonder if that inner voice is asking for more time in the real world or just acceptance. At the minute the female aspect of me hasn't had practice walking or talking.

If I have dreams like yours I'm glad I don't remember them, they sound terrifying.

Lots of love

Martine x

Dreams have no deep meaning....other than, as Jaylyn says, a reflection of emotions. If you're frustrated, you're likely to have frustrating dreams, etc. And dreams are a composite that are cobbled together with snippets of memory and imagination all swirling together. One bit precipitates another and reshapes the subsequent "narrative". If you'd dressed for the first time in 6 months, its not surprising that was woven into the fabric of the dream.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi Kim, thanks for the reply. You are more than likely right. It just stands out for me as the only dream I can recall having on waking up in many years. It just begged for deeper investigation. I have known a few people who can recount dreams of entire lifetimes and I have always been mildly envious.

Take care

Martine x

Hi Martine, welcome back! I agree with Kim and Jaylyn. It sounds to me like you just want some acceptance. Subconsciously, anyway.
    Like you, I usually don't remember my dreams at all. Even back in my teens, twenties, through my thirties when I constantly dealt with night terrors. I've always been an active sleeper, but I usually don't remember a thing from the night before. The one and only time I had, and could remember having vivid/vibrant, colorful dreams was when I slept with a nicotine patch on two nights in a row. What a trip that was.
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Hi Samm, it's nice to know I'm not the only non-dreamer. Someone close to me has night terrors and they are pretty scary. I hope you don't suffer them now. Funny a few people in work quitting cigs have mentioned the trippy dreams.

Lots of love

Martine x

I find getting up at 5am, with an almost 1 hour commute coupled with 12 hour days seems to help me sleep through the night nowadays lol. Stress seems to keep me tossing and turning at night now.
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I often dream of life living as a woman. It does noy have to be triggered by dressing since I think about my femme self with almost every waking moment. Only you ban interpret the importance of yours.

Any dreams I've had featuring me dressed, I'm myself and dressed as a woman and interacting with others in the dream without any problems. May be the person in the dream said "Oh, hello Dani" that would be better! Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I have not only had dreams like that but others have called out my name in a crowd when I have been dressed.

Keeps you on your toes.

Don't overthink the occurrence.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

What occurred to me was that when we hear the word Danny we do not know if it refers to male or female. There is a confusion, an uncertainty. Isn’t that a large part of our lives?

I like the notion that dreams are your mind at play - this is related to the idea that sleep is needed to let your brain integrate new knowledge each day (I do dream of dressing in public and sometimes of being a GG)

Thank you to everyone for your comments. You have given me a lot to think about and possibly a re-adjustment on how I react to things.

As I've mentioned before this is the first time I remember being a physical part of a dream along with the emotional effects within the dream. It's one I won't soon forget.

Take care

Martine x