Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I was found out!

I think I was found out!

Ok, so I think my wife just found out about my dressing...

I’m usually super super careful about my dressing and how I store my stash. Last night I was looking for something in my closet. I usually keep my stash in my office closet in a box at the bottom under several other boxes. I was in a rush and I didn’t put everything away! I realized this morning I forgot to put everything away and I went upstairs to put everything away but when I went into my office I noticed that several boxes have been moved and the one I keep my stash in was also moved and the flaps were open!

I have no idea what do to or say. She didn’t say anything this morning/afternoon and is acting normal. I’m not sure if she saw in the box or if she just moved it out of the way. I’m not ready to talk with her about it. I am freaking out right now and I had no idea what to do!

Help!!! Please!!! I need some advice!
    “Hatred only breeds more hatred.” -The Invid Regis

“We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest... trying to figure itself out”. - Delenn

Get ready for the reaction!
    No, not from your wife, that will probably be fine, but get ready for the reaction from people on this forum! It is somewhat predictable how that is going to go.

Oh, and good luck with your wife. PM me if you would like to talk about it.

Hugs
    Suzie

Is this part of the "plan"?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Get ready for the obvious questions. Be completely honest.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    It may be safe to say it's not surprising considering previous posts.
    Having "the talk" should be on the top of your priority list. Most spouses uses the time between discovery and 'the talk" to seek advice from friends,family or an attny. Depending on how your spouse feels about the topic, it can range from her waiting for you to talk with her all of the way to separation and filing for divorce. From past posts here, waiting after being discovered usually does not turn out well. Sometimes starting the conversation people have found out their spouse is more supporting then they initially thought.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

My suggestion is be completely honest just like Carla said. We are who we are so if you want to save a marriage honesty is perhaps the way to go. She may be thinking you are messing around on her so many thoughts and etc. it's scary for us to be found out and you can only I,aging the thoughts she may have. Maybe you will be lucky and she'll never bring it up but be prepared if she does.

Not about crossdressing for me but lots of times when I am in a hurry to do something and then put things away I totally over think what I did and didn't do. When I go back to double check it turns out I did it right and it was a waste of time.

Because you weren't confronted about your hidden stash and if she did snoop, she should have put everything back the way she found it. Else, she probably would have said something right away.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Why r u asking us? When u know what u need to do already!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I put my two cents in on your last thread. Men think their wives are blind to what's going on around them. It ain't so. Sometimes wives do not want to let on that they know, but, they know. All those comments she has made. All those little hints like encouraging you to get a corset. Or playing with makeup. Any reason why she would be in your office, in your closet, moving boxes around? What's in the other boxes? Christmas ornaments?

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Quite simply, it's time for the talk. As others have said, honesty is best.

Considering your previous thread about your 'coming out plan' I am wondering if this is not some sort of deliberate ploy on your behalf to be discovered and provoke a confrontation about your dressing. As has been said here, and in the other thread, it's time you sat down with your wife and got this out in the open once and for all.
    Last edited by Sashauk; 06-01-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    Sasha

Oh Victoria (love that name, BTW);

Don't you just hate that game of nerves? To see which one of you will flinch first and reveal their hand? Yes, dear.... this requires a stern poker face and a resolve of steel if you are to continue the masquerade.
    One of the things I despised the most about my closeted CD time was the HIDING, the SNEAKING. the lies, even self-lies. I tell you with all my heart, I'd always prided myself on integrity and being honest in all my personal and professional life. But on this one embarrassing Life Topic, I lived in the shadows. It was the shame. I'm way over the shame now; and perhaps you should be too (with all my heart).

You know this game of nerves could go on for years. It may even be that she does NOT know. Wives are smart, however; more instinctively smart than you (as a trans woman) can imagine.
    You owe it to yourself. The Talk. Don't get caught red handed or pink-pantied (like me). The self-liberation alone may be worth it. Of course, assess your own situation FIRST before you drive off a cliff and make a major inadvertent life change. Make a plan. Write down what you want to say of your habit and motivations. Do it with love, because in the end you DO LOVE HER and don't ever want to fear your best friend.

Good luck. My prayers go with you Vicky. We've been in your heels too. There's a lot of great narratives on this forum to help you compose your Coming Out address.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Whatever you do, don't lie.

Victoria,

It is time to talk honestly with your wife. But, if you are so afraid, ask her about the boxes and if she was looking for something. If she bring up the subject, be ready to talk. If not, you could have won some more time.

But, the more time you get, the more difficult it would be for you to confront her.

Kisses

Patricia

Think? Bet on it. Could it be your carelessness was a subconscious desire to talk about the elephant in the room. Chances are she already knows...female intuition ESP. You’re now ready to talk about it. Do it ASAP! Be prepared for some negatives. No one likes dishonesty. She may or may not be OK with. Your cding, but the secrecy/dishonesty/trust will be the hurdles. Good luck.

I’m not sure if she saw in the box or if she just moved it out of the way. I’m not ready to talk with her about it. I am freaking out right now and I had no idea what to do!

Help!!! Please!!! I need some advice!
    Why r u asking us? When u know what u need to do already!
    Doc why say that? It's clear she's asking for help.

Victoria, you are not sure don't arrive to conclusions so early. Just ask her, honey did you find what you were looking for in my office? Because I notice some boxes out offer order...or whatever form you use. Be prepared for an honest answer. If she doesn't touch the topic there're just two options, she did find it and doesn't want to talk about it but in this point you should read her. Second option, she didn't find it so why keep thinking about it.
    In any case be prepared to talk with all the other ladies say about it.
    My own experience, like Llene said, was being honest and my case were gross. If you are just a crossdresser go and tell her before she finds....be honest with who you love, if she loves you she will understand, not immediately but with your sincerity and love things should work if they don't work is because there is no love....
    Last edited by Pat; 06-01-2018 at 02:30 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Many have told you to have the talk. Well...the time is here

Platinum Member
    Who knows what she saw or didn't see? If she did, she will eventually come around to talking about it. Wait and see what happens, and try to relax. "It is what it is" has a corollary: "it isn't what it isn't"
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Silver Member
    I'm just waiting for the next episode.

Silver Member
    Well I guess this means your plan on getting really good at Makeup, etc. Before telling her is shot?

This situation sort of highlights the concept of not playing with fire. Many here will tell you CDING is not a choice, and that may true for how you feel, but you always have a choice on how you behave or what actions you take. At this point, it is likely that the genie is out of the bottle, and it can't go back in. Own up to it if confronted. Own your actions, own you feelings. Anything else will cause trouble, either now, or later.

Say nothing until asked, thenit's the time for a little talk.
    If you know what I mean. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Take Ilene's advice. Stop being ashamed and accept yourself for who you are.
    Take the advice from the other thread and have the talk with your SO.
    However things end up, in the long run, you will be happier of you do those two things. Yes, really.

Agree with others here....and I for one would rather get divorced, live alone, etc... than to have kept hiding all this (came out to wife in 2009)... but I'm one of those "gap fillers" where this replaces some of what I would otherwise get from being in a relationship.

Banned Read only
    Victoria,
    It's a no win situation at the moment , it's time to let the dust settle . Nothing youi sat at this point will have any impact but don't gpo majing promises you can't keep .

Before you consder talking decide which way your dressing is going, be truthful to yourself , otherwise more damge is going to be done . We dress for reason we don'T fully understand but we all know nothing long term is going to stop it . Your stash has been found no denying it so now you need to decide where your dressing is going and what you need to take with you , if your wife expects you to purge then purge the stuff that upsets her the most and tell her the rest is to meet your needs .

I can understand the freaking out , you have a need and need to dea lwith it , this is why I've always said DADT long term isn't good , DADT isn't static you don't always know where youi stand with it and you are often the one making all the compromises because you feel or are being made to feel the guilty party . We don't need all the crap about women being CDers you are the CDer and need to come to terms with it , it's not your fault so she needs to consider your happiness and then she can keep the marriage together it is a problem shared, it can work . Sadly it didn't work out for me but at least I'm in a position to pass advice on .

hello Victoria,
    So your wife has found your stash and has deliberately left it in a way to tell you that she knows. What does that mean? She has not confronted you; has not left you; so is it to be DADT or is it time to talk? Whatever you do do not lie - this is you chance to be honest with her and yourself, if you want to take that chance
    good luck
    luv J