Thread: Getting Close to the end of the trip..... what's the plan?

Getting Close to the end of the trip..... what's the plan?

I was going through some of my past threads looking for a post I had written about shopping at Sears and buying nightgowns. Before I could find it, I stumbled upon this post from New Year's Day, 2017. I'll have some comments at the end...

My life has been pretty interesting since my wife retired. In the last three years we've spent about half our time traveling in our Airstream. We went out west twice and south Texas this year. I've written about these trips on here before.

The point is my wife seems to be more accepting of my 'hobby' in the trailer so much so that this last trip I brought very few men clothes, mostly shirts. My wife had a "rule of three".... for every three items of clothing I had on, one of them had to be male... So panties, chic elastic waist jeans and a Columbia shirt....

We came home shortly before Christmas. We had a nice Christmas with our children and our grandchildren. Lots of visitors so I was on my best behavior. After all the guest left, the curtains were drawn and the wife and I were settled in our chairs, she asked me if I wanted to "wear something pretty" while she got us each a glass of wine. Well, of course I did.

I also noticed that she has been folding my clothes. She used to just lay out the shirts so they wouldn't get wrinkled, fold the jeans, but panties and socks were my responsibility. Not any more. Last night I sat on teh couch and watched her fold my panties. And I wear full cut Vanity Fair and Shadowline panties.

Last night, new years eve, I dressed in a pair of Chic elastic waist jeans (she picked them out for me when I broke my wrist and couldn't do belts or button on levis), a dress barn blue sleeveless T shirt and a brown oversized top from Sag Harbor. I call it my "Iowa Farm Wife" look. I like dressing like that. She went down to the bar be que joint and got a slab of ribs with sides, while I got dressed. She told me I looked nice and we laughed because saying "You look nice" is what we heard a relative say at a family gathering and as she walked away she said "she looked horrible but I wasn't going to tell her that!" a real bee word. Anyhow, "You look nice" is funny to us.

About 11:30, I went into my bedroom and changed into a set of red vanity fair coloratura pajamas and robe. I also put on matching red panties with lace, all vanity fair. We celebrated the new year, toasted each other, had a new year's kiss and went to bed.

This morning we just lounged around the house in our bed clothes, played on the computer, drank coffee adn watched tv. She said let's do something instead of just lying around the house. So we decided to get dressed and walk through some flea markets. I went into my room and dressed in teh same clothes I had on last night--blue vanity fair lace ravissant briefs, Chic elastic waist pull on jeans, Dress Barn sleeveless Tee shirt, and a Sag Harbor over shirt. Before I went into the living room, I got one of my Columbia coats out of the closet just as she was telling me to wear a light jacket. I stood in front of her and asked if this looked ok, or do I need to change my shirt, I'll keep my jacket on I said. She said I looked fine.

Sure enough, as we were walking through the flea market I got hot. She said, take off your jacket. I said, no, I'm ok. I walked a few steps and said to myself, what teh heck! and I took off my jacket. She came up behind me and started messing with my collar and teh hem of the shirt. Should I put my jacket back on? No, I'm just straightening you up.

I was so peaceful, so serene, it was a very enjoyable experience. I wasn't trying to pass...Heck I had to grow a moustache because my hands are so unsteady that I would cut my nose shaving and since I talk xeralto I bleed like a stuck pig. No, I don't pass but I do dress comfortably. No dresses, mainly jeans, slacks, androgenous tops...oh you'd know if you were looking at me that I was wearing women's clothes...you know it takes one to know one, but most people don't pay any attention.

We got home and I messed around with adding some water to the hot tub, took a shower and am now wearing light blue Vanity Fair pajamas and a matching short robe....and, of course, matching panties. My wife just told me I looked nice and she hugged me. Ain't life grand!

I wrote this on New Year's Day 2017. A lot has happened since then. I have had three pulmonary embolisms and was taking 20mg of Xeralto daily. I developed a GI bleed, right in the middle of my jujudem! I didn't realize it, I just thought I was tired all the time.

Since I got home from the eight day stay in the hospital.... (I didn't think I was THAT ill but then the priest came and gave me last rites... I asked him if he knew something I didn't) I have been super tired. My RN wife keeps telling me that I didn't get ill overnight and I shouldn't expect to get better over night, get plenty of rest.

We got our Airstream sitting in our back yard, we got a new van to tow it with and we had our summer and fall all planned. Then I got sick. Bummer.

I'm getting better, much better. I think I'll go for a walk!
    Last edited by Ozark; 06-02-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Platinum Member
    Glad to hear you're getting better. Take care of yourself and look forward to many enjoyable years with your lovely wife!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Look after yourself, recovery is slow as your wife attests.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Take care of yourself - hope you continue to get stronger

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Nice story...better days ahead, I hope. And never doubt the restorative/curative power of embracing your femininity!

It will take a while to get that hemoglobin built back up, but the road will be there when you do.

First, it is good that you are feeling better. Second, you are fortunate that your wife and you are having a good time together in your retirement. Often, it is hard for two people in retirement to be able to adjust to the different life style.
    Hugs, Carole

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, but I'm pleased to hear you are on the mend. It's also good that you have such a wonderfully supportive wife to help you through it all. I'm sure it won't be too long before you are both back out in your Airstream again.
    Sasha

Ozark, I'm glad that you are on the mend.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".