Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is a pilot?

Learned to fly in a Piper Cherokee. Money ran out, now grounded.

Private pilot since 1981.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    Private pilot, SE land, since 1981. Night and VFR on top rated (Canadian license). No longer current, sold my plane last year (medical).

Aspiring Member
    I had enough lessons to go solo in a Cessna but wasn't able to take it any further - it got too expensive for me.

I was a private pilot back in the late 60's. I was also an Army helicopter pilot for a couple of months in the early 70's until Viet Nam ended and they had too many pilots on the rolls. I ended up in aircraft maintenance until the end of my hitch. I never continued flying after that. It's in the family though -- my brother flew C-130's doing famine relief in Africa and cargo 747's commercially, and my Mom was a ferry pilot during WWII.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I have a Part 107 drone license. I don't have a manned aircraft license but I have been at the controls of helicopters and a blimp.

Banned Read only
    Kim,
    I had to smile at your reply ! What goes up must come down , it's good to hear you have an equal number !

I had enough qualifications to get a short service commission in the Royal Navy to fly helicopters, my job at that time was maintaining a large radar station for the R.A.F. so I read all the journals and safety records , helicopters didn't have a great safety record and recovering from an incident was not good so I took ther safe option and became a self employed photographer instead , the rest is history as they say !

Military and commercial, ATP, private, couple type ratings and flying Boeings for a living now.

Private Pilot since 2012!!

Dying to fly again!!

Kisses

Patricia

I never got a license, but years ago I owned a share of a Piper Tri-pacer, and would fly it with the other owner in the next seat.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Aspiring Member
    Soloed at age 16, PPL at 17.
    Former Navy Flight Officer
    Commercial Pilot, Multi-engine & Instrument rated
    Currently fly a TB20 Trinidad out of KFME

I Fly appropriately dressed for the occasion: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...ing&highlight=
    Last edited by Sheren Kelly; 06-04-2018 at 10:38 PM.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Pat
    I met a lady ferry pilot many tears ago that had a little over 47000. Hours as PIC she had several milk crates of log books with notes from every flight they took she flew C47S out of Long Beach to England after that she flew mail in DC 3 S for the next 25 years she was a remarkable person
    Susie

I know that this entirely unscientific, but still, I am amazed at how many of us have our wings. BTW, IMO, if you've solo'd, in an honest to goodness aircraft (hang glider, balloon, P-51, whatever), you are a pilot.

Single engine, fixed wing private pilot (not current).
    Flew the small Grumman American, Paid for by the US Army.
    Haven't been in the left seat since 1977.
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Aspiring Member
    About 4,000 hours, mostly commercial. Also rotorcraft and glider ratings, and 250 tows logged flying SuperCubs in a soaring club.

I, too, am amazed how many pilots there are on this forum. And we all dress pretty

Ineke

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I did solo and as I said many many years ago

Two older brothers flew, one still flies left seat in a 777. Family ran out of money then. Does flying R/C count? Even had a couple of designs published. Nothing like flying a sailplane off a slope where you can reach out and tap it with your fingertips as it floats by!

Airline here! ATP, CFI and all that fun.

We has this conversation during our weekend in Austin. Amazing how this very unscientific poll is backing this up. The topic centered around how many Cd and TG people seem to be associated in the aviation industry whether they be pilots, mechanics, or dispatchers. We tried to figure out what the corollation was. Why does one seem to attract the other??

jumped of babadag mountain in turkey, just over a mile high, glided down took 3/4 of an hour , wasn't going back down in that truck !!!!!, lol, Do I qualify ?

Hi!!!

That is peculiar. I am an aerospace and mechanical engineer😊

Love love
    Val💋

Private pilot with about 900 hours, almost exclusively in my MCR01 homebuilt.

Not a pilot. Structural Maintenance and aircraft battle damage repairs USAF till 96.

Use to fly a Cessna, loved it. Priorities changed.

Former private pilot. Air Force crew. My father was a fighter pilot and commercial pilot. Doubt, very seriously, if he ever CDed
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on