Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking a vacation, worried about going through security

Taking a vacation, worried about going through security with lingerie

Ok this is probably just me worrying about nothing, especially since the world is changing, but here it goes....

I'm taking a little trip to Las Vegas 2 weeks from now. I almost always go by myself because 1. Others can't afford to go with me and 2. Sometimes I just wanna get away from everyone and everything for a few days. I travel very light with a small suitcase, so I always carry it on with me. Here is my problem....

I have to wear contact lenses, so I bring saline solution with me in my suitcase. For whatever crazy reason, the saline solution triggers something in the scanners, resulting in security checking my bag EVERY SINGLE TIME. Being a crossdresser, I have dedicated myself to wearing panties 24/7 now and do not wish to go several days without wearing them. Well when they open the bag to check it, they'll see the panties, if I bring them along with me. Maybe I'm a little worried about what people may think, but keep in mind I am in the closet and have just barely begun to poke my head out a little.

I was planning on visiting the Victoria's Secret while there, and thought about buying a couple pair of panties to see me through the trip. But when I go through security again to go back home, they will check my bag and see them. Now I love panties and definitely intend on buying a few more, but I wasn't planning on buying any for now, and I need all my money for vacation (especially if I don't do so good gambling). Even if I wait til I get to Vegas to go buy saline solution for my contacts, I'd just have the same problem going back home, and I wouldn't want to just throw away a bottle and waste money. Thoughts?
    Last edited by RainbowDash; 06-03-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Maybe you could buy you saline solution when you get there.

Banned Read only
    Put your solution and any other liquids in a zip-lock bag and put them in your second carry on bag, not your suitcase with your clothes.

When you get to the scanner take all the zip-lock bags of liquids out, leave everything in the zip-lock bags, put them in the tray for the scanner.

You did not say anything about breast forms, they will also show up as something weird, so plan accordingly if you are packing them.

Also if you plan on underdressing in a bra it WILL show up on the scanner and if you are otherwise presenting as a male you will be pulled aside for a pat down.

Oh, yeah you could always check your bag, then if it gets searched you wont be there.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 06-03-2018 at 12:35 PM.

I might just do that, thanks Robertacd. However, I was not planning on bringing anything fancy, just a couple pairs of panties and nothing else feminine.

You have nothing to worry about. The TSA is not the panty police. Yes, you might see a raised eyebrow, but that's it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How have not heard, Rainbow? The airlines always tell u to put ALL your liquids together in a zip lock bag. They must be under 4 ounces each container. But, they don't seem to care how many in your zip lock.

Anyway, take the zip lock bag out of your carry on bag while going thru security. If they need to examine it, they won't need to open your bag!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Solution ..wear all of them! seriously! Buy a bra to wear while in LV. You will love it. Stuff the cups with the extra panties. Here's a shop that is trans friendly, plus they sell breast forms. Enjoy!

Bra Boutique
    (702) 362-1579

I think what Sherry and Roberta said makes a lot of sense to me, and also besides if the panties are in your bag they could careless what kind of underwear you have. Maybe the best way to hide every thing you are taking is in plain site plastic bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    Solution ..wear all of them! seriously! Buy a bra to wear while in LV. You will love it. Stuff the cups with the extra panties. Here's a shop that is trans friendly, plus they sell breast forms. Enjoy!
    If one is looking to avoid extra attention, this is terrible advice. The scanners will spot the bra and the anomalous density in the cups, generating, at least, a pat-down inspection.

Aiunt Kelly is 100% right. Don't worry

Silver Member
    Hi, Aunty K. My point was to buy the bra IN Las Vegas, AFTER the flight, not before. The boutique is in Las Vegas. He can enjoy wearing the bra in LV and toss it before traveling home. Thanks for letting me clear this up.

Platinum Member
    first, you may want to check the size of your saline container. Anything over 4 oz will have to be discarded. As Robertacd advises, put it all in a ziplock and run it through the scanner in open sight. As for anything over 4 oz, buy some after you've passed through security, or when you reach Vegas. Second, the TSA is looking for something other than panties. If you have panties etc in carryon, these won't be an issue.

As for the body scan, again, TSA could care less if you're wearing boxers or a g-string. Their job is to look for other stuff.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Do you know the TSA Agent? If no, then why do you care? Do you think they will hold up your panties and ridicule you in front of everyone? You over think too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    Hi, Aunty K. My point was to buy the bra IN Las Vegas, AFTER the flight, not before. The boutique is in Las Vegas. He can enjoy wearing the bra in LV and toss it before traveling home. Thanks for letting me clear this up.
    Wait, are u saying buy a bra, wear it on vacation, and then throw it away before I get on the airplane to go back home lol? I'm assuming that's not what u meant. I was gonna shop at VS in Las Vegas to see if they have a bigger selection and then have it shipped home. Also I am not bringing breast forms with me, just panties, and that's if I decide to bring them along. Most likely going to, as the thought of wearing mens' cotton underwear for 4 days straight doesn't sit well with me.

Also just so everyone knows, yes I do put the saline solution in a plastic bag and it is under 4 OZ, but it still gets checked anyway. All the advice from u guys is appreciated though, thank you.

Last week I went through TSA screening with a work colleague on a business trip. He had a small nail clipper in his carry on bag that caused TSA to search his bag. Two TSA agents removed literally everything in the bag in front of everyone at screening to find the clippers. As this started it dawned on me that something could be in his bag he wouldn't want me or anyone else to see so I walked away and met him at the gate. My advice is to spend the extra money and just check a bag with everything you want to keep private.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Seems like a lot of worry about nothing. If they ask you whose panties they are, and they really shouldn't, just say they are yourd. What can they say? There is now law against ment liking panties that I am aware of.

I fly all the time. the solution is simple: Just take the saline out and put it in its own separate tray.

Anything in your bag is subject to inspection, but a bag full of clothes will go through TSA without a second look.

A bag with your fluids, clothes, cables, batteries and electronics intermixed is the real problem - even with TSA Pre. It will get your bag pulled and minimally swabbed, and at worst manually inspected. Separate it if you want to minimize the attention.

Ok, here’s me going thru the Vegas airport last February. And you’re worried if they’ll find a bra? Just do it and move on.DA2D3619-7CF1-43A9-BF8A-CE01F70E199F.jpg
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

The avvy pic isn't me
    Here's a gem of a saying:
    Others opinions of me are not my business.

Think about how many CDers and their underwear TSA has encountered since the age of tighter security.
    You'll prolly be tired of hearing this really soon, but get over it, or check the bag.
    If economics and finances are that much of an issue, just don't gamble...……….gasp! eeek!. You'll live.

Cass

First of all, my apologies, Jenny. I didn't not read your post carefully enough.

Rainbow, sweetie, pack what you need. That includes your bras.

I don't fly pretty, but I've traveled many times with a suitcase more than half filled with girl stuff. Sometimes checked, sometimes carry on. With the exception of one asshole TSA agent who opened a jar of mineral eyeliner and dumped it out in my cosmetics case (checked), no one has even looked sideways at me.

There's no law against flying pretty. If you choose to do so (or wear that bra under your clothes, be prepared to get a little extra attention. Anomalies, not panties, are what get the attention of the agents.

The security will only want to check the saline solution.

Have fun in Vegas.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As others have said I think you are worrying about nothing, especially if you are only going to take panties. I travel in panties all the time and have had my carry-on bag searched a couple of times and nothing was said about my choice in underwear.
    As Cass said they have seen it - and worse - countless times and are not interested.
    Sasha

Rainbow, went through TSA and foreign equivalent 5 times in the last week, no issues wearing panties. In the past I have had a carry on with breast forms in it with no issues. As to saline just get a small bottle of saline and put it in a clear plastic bag and put the bag in the gray bin to be scanned.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Saw several comments in this thread relating to the saline solution. Saline would qualify as a medically necessary item and as such is except from the 4oz limitation. You just need to declare it to TSA. Note that Medically necessity does not mean it requires a prescription.

As always, check www.tsa.gov for more information.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I travel with my femme stuff all the time, especially to Las Vegas. My breast forms in my checked luggage often trigger something, so my suitcase gets searched about 50% of the time. I've never flown pretty, but I've been patted down with a bra and/or pantyhose many times. It's no big deal. It happens all the time, and they won't even remember you.