Thread: Lifes struggles

Lifes struggles

Good Evening to all
    Tonight I have some bad news and some good news. Firstly,, last week I had two tires on our vehicle slashed. Then over the week-end we had our house broken into. Lastly because of what happened and who were involved,, my wife and I got into a really heated argument. With her mindset,, she thought life wasn't worth living anymore and tried to commit suicide. She is doing much better in the hospital,, hopefully she will be home soon.
    Now the good news. I had talked to my sister yesterday,, and told her about Michelle. Her response was " your still my little brother". Tonight I was talking to my SO on the porch, wig, sweater dress, hose and heels,, when our upstairs neighbor decided to come down and have a conversation. I was worried at first,, then I told them to not be freaked out. they were both fine with it. He has a brother that transitioned and she used to do make up at an ulta store in Chicago. She also said she is willing to help in any way she could with my make up, ( NICE ). Such relief is now of my shoulders, with my SO and my dressing, I bet I sleep really good tonight. Thanks for listening and everyone have a super night and a better week. Michelle
    Life,s a beach; so sit down, kick your (high) heels off, and pour yourself a tall one

Platinum Member
    "Because of what happened and who were involved," does any of this qualify as a hate crime or it was strictly random? I don't know if gays, lesbians, transgender men and women, cross dressers are covered by such statute in Indiana, but, would be in Washington State. Praying your wife recovers quickly.

I don't understand
    Wife in the hospital,
    Hopefully out soon,
    Talking on porch tonight?
    Sorry I don't get IT!
    Lets all enjoy what we do

It appears things are improving, just look at the positive side of the outcome and yes, you do have to get on with life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am sorry to hear about your troubles, Michelle, but it seems there has been some good come out of in the end. I hope life continues to improve for you.
    Sasha

I hope things settle down.
    My sister said the same about me, so maybe it's the protective side of older sisters kicking in.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I'm not too far from Northern Indiana and I'm wondering if your in a high crime neighborhood or if the tire slashing was done by someone you know. ? Reading between the lines, it sounds like maybe you had a disagreement with someone that escalated.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Just to make a long story short,,,, both our sons live with us, and our youngest does drugs and knows a lot of people who do,, so what happened was he ripped someone off,, so they got back at him by slashing tires on the car he was last seen driving. As far as the break in,, we are 90% sure it was also him,, because after the tire incident, I threw him out,, nobody was home and he texted and said he needed in the house,, well 20 mins later my SO texted and said the door was broke. So that led to a big argument between us, and I said I had enough, that I was moving out, so she did what she did. she is still in hospital and I was on the phone with her, telling her good night, when the neighbor came down. Does this paint a clearer picture for everyone? Thanks Michelle
    Life,s a beach; so sit down, kick your (high) heels off, and pour yourself a tall one

I’d be more concerned if I were you. One doesn’t just fail a auicide attempt then is all better. There’s got to be a lot going on with your wife and imho that should be your focus.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Seems you're more concerned about your sisters approval than about your wife's attempted suicide. Priorities. She has problems and needs your help.

Very sorry to read about what happened with your wife. Glad to know she is now doing better. Best wishes for her going forward.
    Like a lady

Please keep an eye on her; suicide attempts are a cry for help, a huge warning that it will escalate and they might go through with it at some point in the future if their situation doesn't improve. People who do want to kill themselves, actually do it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Michelle.

I agree the suicide attempt is a call for help. Suicide is almost always a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

This has taken a while (likely years) to get to this point, and it's not going to be fixed in a hurry.

Chances are good your wife will be prescribed psychotherapy in addition to antidepressants and possibly other drugs. A competent therapist will call in the entire family on their own and as a group. It is in everyone's interest that they attend.

Antidepressants don't always work on the first try. Generally a two or three month trial is required to determine a particular drug's efficacy. That said, it's up to the attending doctor/psychiatrist. Only medical doctors are allowed to prescribe where I live. Nurse practitioners do some, but I think most would refer a case like your wife's to a psychiatrist without a second thought.

Chances are good there are other issues in the family that need addressing besides your wife's suicide attempt and your son's drug issues. Those are the presenting issues. It is not my plan to point fingers, but everyone in the family has a part in creating this situation. These situations are almost never one-sided.

Lastly, it is NOT a good idea to take the role of a therapist in any way, shape or form. Besides being disrespectful, it's far too easy to do more harm than good. Trying to get your wife to talk before she's ready is a huge no-no. Leave the psychotherapy to those duly qualified and licensed to provide same.

If this seems harsh, I'm sorry. I am calling things as I see them; I had issues like this, but not quite as serious, about thirty years ago.

Dealing with an addicted child (of any age) is a challenge, to say the least. Among the many things your SO needs is the support necessary to help her (and you, for that matter) see that an addict's behavior is not something one has much control over. Anything done that shield's the addict from the consequences of his/her actions is called "enabling" and only prolongs the time it takes for the addict to realize that the path they are on leads only to destruction. Yes, it's hard, so hard, to watch such a tragedy envelop one so dear. I know, because the scenario you described is virtually identical to that involving the son of a relative of mine. I don't know why he is not in jail or prison.
    Help your SO heal as best she can. Be the support she needs and if necessary, get help for the both of you to reach a healthy perspective on these sad affairs.
    You have my prayers.

Hugs,

Kelly

Michelle,

Sometime life sucks! Most of the time, we bring it on ourselves one way or another. Sometimes it is one bad thing that happens and other times it is a slow escalation of unfortunate events in what we call "life".
    Often we just let it happen and we slowly adjust to the situation and get used to it rather than doing anything to stop it or take steps to reverse it.
    Even when we now and then stop and look at our own life, it all doesnt seem so bad because we have become "comfortably numb" over time. But when someone else is allowed a peek inside our world, just like you now allowed all of us on the forum to do, the outsiders see it with very different eyes and we might see what you are not seeing or simply ignoring.

When someone gets to the point of not only thinking about taking their own life but actually make the attempt to do so, things have gotten pretty bad. This rarely happens suddenly, it happens because the pressure finally got to be unbearable and eventually it gets to be too much. Nobody should ever get to that point!

I have read some of your previous posts and can see that your wife seem to be OK with your dressing. But ... that does not mean it is not part of the stress she is feeling. A child on drugs and getting into trouble is definitely a cause of stress. Who knows what else is adding to the feeling of helplessness and despair for her! You might know ... or you might not.

You did not ask for help or suggestions, but if you had, here is what I would have suggested: Tend to your wife! She is struggling right now and you might loose her if you dont pay attention! Dont let that happen.

- Suzie