Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being seen by your mother .

I am happy you got something positive from it Connie, I felt the same way you did.

I have always asked myself, what would my mother say if she knew I was a cross dresser. I have decided that she would have totally acepted and thought nothing of it. My father would have had the opposite reaction and had an hemorage. They both passe before I stated, but I would have loved to discuss this with my mother

Never dressed for my Mother. But when I was young, my father caught me dressed once, after his talk, I never let him catch me again, to scary the first time. But when I was in my teens, Mom would let me play with hair relaxers, hated my curly hair, well not really, just felt girly playing with the products. As much as I wore her clothes, she must of had an idea, but never said a word. Just remembered an interesting example of her support. I was somewhere around 10, when J.C. Penny's came out with a line of boys underwear in prints, first time I ever sat boy]s underwear that was colored, much less with prints, I wanted those underpants so bad it hurt, but I tried to be cool when I pointed the out to mom, we where shopping for school clothed, and new underwear was on the list, mom looked skeptical, but bought them for me. When we got home and dad say them, he was not happy about my choice, told mom it more like my sisters underwear, after that I really loved those panties. After all I wasn't the only one that thought they looked like girls panties. Mom told him they where boys, they where under his pants anyway, so what does it matter. So we never talked about it, I think see knew, and had it been a decade or two latter, I think we would have.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I think my mother's head would explode if she ever saw me. She would combust, and all that would be left is her pocket New Testament and she'd still, somehow, shoot darting looks at me.

I however would be wearing a wrap dress or sundress with cap sleeves and heels. Red nails and lips and a corset cinched very tight

I told my mother about me being transgendered about two years ago, she was 91 years old at the time, I was 72 years old. She was sorry I had never told her before, so she could have helped me. Now two years later, I visit her every sat. night dressed full female, I don't think she really understands, just excepts it. She never says anything about how I am dressed, once said the blouse I had on was pretty and one other time the dress I had on did not look good, to much belly. She is 93 now and I love our visits every Saturday night together, just the two of us there, my two brothers live there also, but they go out every Saturday night and I get to make her supper and have a girls night together. I hope to do this far along time. (side note) One sat. a few weeks ago mother was sewing on a bra when I came in by hand. I asked her what she was doing, she said she was extending it. Said why not get a extender, she said , she did not like them. So I sat and watched her cut up bra and sew pieces back in to bra to make it bigger. While this as going on, I noticed a few bras sitting on a table close by, embroidery and lace on them. I was very surprised my mom wore this type of bra, would have bet plain white. I told her so, she said you don't know your mom do you. She said she saw them on a sale rack one day and bought them for 25 cents apiece. Todays cost at least $25.00 each or more, no telling how long ago this was. Asked next Saturday about her fixer upper bra, she threw it away did not feel good, well there went 25 cent down the drain. My mama is the very straight church lady, that thinks dam is a very bad cuss word and no one in the world cusses. I love you MAMA, Marshalynn

Banned Read only
    Marshalynn,
    Sometimes age becomes insignificant , when you can relate stories like yours , many thanks for telling us it .

Banned Read only
    If my mother and father had ever caught me wearing my mother's clothing they would have beat the living crap out of me. They were homophobic. In the 1960's men who wore women's clothing were considered to be homosexuals. And, homosexuality was not accepted in society. I know my mother suspected me of wearing her clothes. How else was the strap on her only black bra snapped? Or why was the lingerie draw not as she left it, even though I thought I was skillful enough to leave it as I found it? Or why was her can of hair stray emptying too fast?

Once I was almost caught wearing my mother's sundress. If it was not for the security chain on the apartment door I would have been found by my mother and father. For my youthful transgressions as a boy I earned the welts on my butt and thighs. I hate to speculate what I would have looked like after being caught in a dress.

I would like to think my mother would like to see me dressed well enough to be happy with my presentation.

I guess some of you here would call it a soccer mom look.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Kind of late now to pick an outfit for the way I grew up.
    The only boy with 5 sisters.
    Different when young compared to an adult, Obviously.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My mother knew from early that I was a Crossdresser,to say her reactions were positively Biblical wouldn't be an exaggeration.born again Presbyterians are the worst,that and Catholic guilt from my dad's side meant my dressing was never going to be well recieved.

The thought of my Mother coming across me dressed now would be an unthinkable scenario.It would probably confirm her belief that,if I recall one of her tirades correctly "I am a idiot prancing around in a frock,with a 5 o'clock shadow"
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Banned Read only
    Sophie,
    At least you have a good excuse to wear a tartan skirt ! Does that count with your mum ?

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    My mother knew from early that I was a Crossdresser,to say her reactions were positively Biblical wouldn't be an exaggeration.born again Presbyterians are the worst,that and Catholic guilt from my dad's side meant my dressing was never going to be well recieved.
    Sophie, given that family background, why did you let her find out? Talk about 'light blue touch paper and retire to safe distance'

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Teresa

Nice thought,but no go.Although she did say I looked wonderful,when I wore the Kilt at of both my weddings

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Sophie, given that family background, why did you let her find out? Talk about 'light blue touch paper and retire to safe distance'
    I was only a kid,Wasn't wanting to get found out.was just one of those things

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Teresa,

A little over a year ago I started living full time as a woman, and am now out to my mother informing her of my name and gender change. I have not seen her in person since I came out to her. Though I have sent her a picture of me as a woman. I am planning to visit her in November after having SRS.

So far she has been very accepting. I have not yet decided what I will when I first see her. I am leaning toward a dress, but no idea which dress it will be.

Grace

Banned Read only
    Grace,
    I felt my best compromise was my LBD and heeled wedges ( certainly not killer heels ) and not OTT with the makeup . I'm sure the last thing my mum would want was knowing I'd gone from her son to a tart !

I hope it all goes well for you , there's so much going on and so much to think about , I wish you all the best .

Aspiring Member
    I doubt that I can help you. The first time that my Mother saw me crossdressed it was her who dressed me. She selected a brown patterned broomstick skirt and a matching peasant blouse, an outfit that she received from her younger sister. Yes, her sister, age 14 at the time, was in on this. My Mom paraded me around town when doing her shopping. No one said anything. With Mom, they didn't dare. I was nine years old. It was October but still a nice day.
    Last edited by abby054; 06-15-2018 at 06:44 PM.

I was caught when I was about 20 she freeked out / Tried to bring it up again she refused to talk about it