Thread: Documented Transition on HRT and more

Documented Transition on HRT and more

Hi Ladies,
    I've been reading different testimonies as the one of Dorit, Jeri Ann and others.
    Some of you had been years in hormones, others just some months as Jenna.
    All testimonies are really worth and I'd like to begin this thread to document in just one place the effects of hormones, surgeries, long of the transition up to the day where are living full time as a woman.
    I know that some had experienced great changes as a result of the "hormones" or that is what looks like and I don't want to deny the reality of the testimony but to some amazing stories of changes others say that they don't experience great changes at all.

I'll begin with my short example:
    just 4 weeks in HRT: symptoms: better sleep, between the third week a higher sensitivity in nipples as a lovely pain, in the fourth week I notice a hardness in all the nipple including the areola, so the whole ping area of the nipple not just the tip.
    Of course there's a symptom related with the T-Blocker Spiro, called water pill because makes you pee a lot, and a lower on the blood pressure.
    Now, from others testimony, Just yesterday I did face time with a friend that hasn't seen me for near a year, he doesn't know anything about my transition, neither my long hair or eyebrows, but what he said immediately was, Hey you look like a chick, if you were a woman I'd like you, I was in male mode, no make up at all and wearing a regular male shirt.
    The same day I did face time with another friend that is psychologist, he knows about my transition and is being fundamental in my decision to transition but hasn't seen me for more than 3 months, he said, your skin is so clean and you're so feminine.
    Yesterday I meet some friends, people over the sixties in age that hasn't seen me may be for a year, they say, you look great, younger, and the ladies told me in low voice, please tell us your secret, and smile and said, hormones, of course they don't know about it so just laugh...

So I invited you to post your chronograph and if you had documented your transition like dates, measures would be great because we can learn all of it this is so important because when we begin in hormones, at the next day start seeing bigger boobies, more butt, etc, so if you had done measures, and had documented would be great, if not please start doing it now,,,,thanks.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I've been on E since last August and T-blocker since this January.

The girls are slowly growing, which is no surprise as a 46" chest means a big volume to fill to make any prominence, but it is happening, though nowhere enough to make a bra worthwhile yet. They're feeling more solid internally, and of course the soreness is the growth signal.

Chest hair is gradually lessening, and pubic hair area has receded, and my legs are less obviously hairy. The facial hair story is the normal - highly resistant to the laser and the pain of electrolysis is horrific. My head hair has grown out to a length I love, and I have discovered a trick to making it bush out; straight after a shower I get it plaited by welshgirl (SO), and let it dry overnight - the next day, teasing it out with a rasta-comb, it's wavy and has volume and lasts for several days like so. This last part really helps my feminine projection in the wider world.

Yes, softer skin - awesome! - and emotionally I'm calm and have no more anger doing stereotypically male tasks - in fact i do them better than before.

Mentally - i'm getting on with life and no more "processing". :-)
    Last edited by Nigella; 06-05-2018 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Discussions from private groups are not for the main forum, you risk your access to Safe Haven
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Hi Vanessa, here’s what I have noticed in the past 40 months or so since starting HRT. The skin softening was almost immediate and was one of the first things I noticed. My nipples begin to get sore a few weeks after that. They stayed that way for almost 8 months and then settled down. Growth of breast tissue has been very slow, but steady over time. Even after 3+ years, they are not much more than what a cis 14 year old girl would have.

I already had a baby face any way, so the changes there have been suttle over the run. Some folks that I do not see that often have said I’m “aging well”. My wrinkles are few for a 62 year old.

The biggest change for me however was mental and behavioral. We took a flight to Orlando just weeks after I started in March 2015. The 3 rows ahead of us were full of autistic children and only three adults to supervise. They behaved just as expected for an autistic child who had never been on a plane or away from their caregiver before. Surprisingly, it was me who remained calm and it was my wife criticizing the supervison. I told her to calm down and realize it’s just an hour to landing. She picked up on this right away.
    At a wedding about 18 months back, two of my wife’s cousins had lunch with us. I had not seen either in over 4 years. They both complemented me on how much more relaxed and in control I was.

So as you can see, HRT has been a godsend for me mentally as much as physically. Do remember that everyone reacts differently, so expect a curve ball or two that we didn’t have thrown our way. Good luck!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

So I invited you to post your chronograph and if you had documented your transition like dates, measures would be great because we can learn all of it this is so important because when we begin in hormones, at the next day start seeing bigger boobies, more butt, etc, so if you had done measures, and had documented would be great, if not please start doing it now,,,,thanks.
    I actually began writing what I call "Transition, My Journal" in November 2017 when I began HRT. It is mostly about emotions and interactions with other people, not so much measurements. It is way too long to post here, maybe someday I will find a way to make it available.

November 20, 2017 First endocrinology appointment. Blood test and interview. I was asked if I was not already taking Estrogen because my level was so high it was on the edge of abnormal. I was not, it was validating that I am female.
    November 22 Filled my prescription for Androcur and Estradiol oral
    December 9 Night erections are gone completely
    December 28 Feeling some softness of skin, much more emotional

January 22, 2018 Endocrinology appointment. Once again asked if I had not take estrogen on my own before coming to them. No! My estrogen level was not high enough, so I was changed from oral to a patch.
    February 10 I have noticed I have breast growth. My SO agrees! Sore nipples too.
    March 1 I find I am crying a lot, over both joys and sadness. There is plenty of both in my life.
    March 5 Noticeable breast growth, plus extreme tenderness. I cannot hug my SO, too painful.
    March 19 There is a more feminine look to my facial features, and a clearing of my complexion that makes me look younger.
    March 24 Tried to do some outdoor garden work and realized I do not have the strength and endurance I once had.
    March 27 Endocrinology appointment. My blood work is good, levels are fine, no change in medications. Very satisfied with my progress. My body shape is also looking more female, I use small push up pads and now have respectable B breasts.
    April 9 Very emotional and moody these days, feel weak. I am not sure it is the HRT or something else.
    April 12 A lot of crying at my therapy appointment. A good release of some of the tension in me from rejection from some people I love.
    April 30 My health seems to have stabilized, I am feeling well.
    June 5 Still have very sensitive breasts, with a small increase in size. I still have a lot of emotions and crying, but I love to cry!

This is a highly abridged version. As i said, most of it is about my relationships with the people around me and how I react. I hope this helps.

I really thank so far the three posts to this thread that I don't feel as mine but a contribution for the learning of others with curiosity, with the need of knowledge to do desicions, you know that the knowledge empower us.
    I hope we can see more to enrich it and to be able to find common experiences.
    So far I feel that I'm in the right path.
    Last edited by Nigella; 06-05-2018 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Private forums are not for discussion on the main forum, neither is the reasons you were denied/granted access

This thread is view-able by anyone on the planet with an internet connection.

Although this thread fits the requirements for this section of the forum, it could have been started in the more secure Transsexual Body Issues section that is specifically intended "to discuss medically assisted changes to your birth gender."

Hi Jeri,
    I appreciate your comment.
    I agree with you but wasn't sure if it would be accepted in that section.
    I've made some mistakes posting, some deleted threads or posts that I'm afraid of proceed.
    Could I request this thread be moved?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Unfortunately I don't think that the thread fits within the TS Body Issues guidelines
    This forum is to discuss medically assisted changes to your birth gender including SRS, FFS, BA, HRT etc. The pros and cons of making such changes can be discussed, including serious side effects and complications. Minor side effects of medication and mention of dosages are not permitted.
    Please remember that if you are unsure whether a thread you would like to start fits in any given forum, the section mods will be happy to guide you via PM.

Kind Regards
    Rianna Humble Moderatrix

Rianna,
    It's interesting that you mention surgeries and HRT, including thoughts and feelings related to, and it's effects because that's exactly what i post from the beginning and related wiyh a cronologic, if there were, and documentation, if there were, more than just personal perception which can sometimes be very subjective and just personal ideas, so in that way we can compare our own records with others records and for many would be an assurance for our own experience.
    Of course I never mention on talk about dosages but documented symptoms and physical changes. For example, for day zero of my HRT I began to keep record of my measures in waist, hips, chest, dated pictures of breast changes, if any, etc.
    I began a plan for exercises and some specific one day for women vitamins too, so all this would be something good to share if others had done too and now you post I think that perfectly fits in transexual body issues.
    You know my english is not the best because if for issues we must understand just "body problems" related with transition, those would appear to in this thread.

as people get deeper into it, they dont care as much...about boobies and such...its not easy to go back over it all, and i bet most of the answers to this will be from folks that have less time into it...

I get the curiousity and the need to know about what can happen...i felt alot of that too..

but HRT is not just to grow boobs...altho that can be a nice side effect..
    you should expect softer skin...finer hair on your skin... no change to hair on your face and a very very very slow fat redistrubition.... you may or may not grow breasts..
    your voice will not change...you may gain weight and there are documented health risks and blood work that you should do...
    your feelings and emotions may or may not change but you should overall feel better about yourself and what you are doing..

HRT experience is mostly personal and what happened with me is very unlikely to happen with you.. everything else is just details...like comparing how much money I make or what's my IQ?

Just be happy you are on the right path...let it come to you, and dont worry about comparing your "results" with others...

I know you think its an important topic... from a long term perspective i don't think it is.. i dont think there is much to gain, only much to lose if your results arent what you want ..

Just being delighted you are on HRT is the most important thing...and dont let other things get in the way of that...including over analyzing things that are out of your control
    I am real

I really appreciate the years of experience that Kaitlyn and Jeri Ann are willing to share by staying connected to this forum. There is a lot of wisdom there. We new transitions are probably like teenage girls wondering what their breast size will be compared to all the others.

The largely disappointing breast growth from HRT in the new study that Jeri Ann shared confirms the results of a European Study of a similar number of MTF on HRT. So this seems to be the reality and why breast enhancement surgery is so popular.

I had never heard of the Tanner scale, so with Google I found the charts for breast growth. With my SO's independent observation, I am a definite Tanner 3 after only six months. I did not realize that I had won the HRT lottery!