Thread: Online counseling

Online counseling

I am thinking of going for counseling online have anyone use a service like it

pridecounseling is one option

I like the fact that it would be all on my schedule no office to go to no opponents to make.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 06-05-2018 at 01:56 PM. Reason: sending pm

I haven't used an online service, but my wife tried one once, and it is just like regular in person for everything that doesn't require seeing you in person. Most of the value in counseling is from being able to say things you usually don't let yourself say, so you understand yourself better or can work out what to do, and online will be fine. There is also the fact that individual counselors are better or worse as well, so you may need to try a few till it clicks. Most important first step for success of course is to know what you are trying to resolve, but they can help you sort that out too!
    We are all beautiful...!

Platinum Member
    My daughter is a counselor who has a business of her own. She does Skype appointments as well as in person/in office appointments. Much more convenient for both the client and the counselor.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    'No opponents to make'?

What does this mean?

Anyhow, try it - if you feel it's useful to you, great.
    I used to have a short attention spa

I can see where a few sessions on line might be good to establish a trust and let the counselor know where you are coming from, but I bet the meeting face to face would get more personal and be more productive.

Banned Read only
    Beau,
    Many counsellors use this system now , it does make sense but I can't say what the cost difference is , I've only had face to face counselling but I propably prefer it , I think more of the person comes over but if it's the only way then go for it .

I used PrideCounseling several months ago and is the only time I’ve ever sought out the help of a therapist.
    It was helpful but what I found to be the most important thing to online counseling is both you and your therapist have to be really, really strong writers.

You have to have extremely strong written communication skills and the ability to convey exactly what you mean or there will be a loss in translation.

So, if you don’t have a basic grasp of punctuation, spelling, how and when to use periods, question marks or commas, how and why to use paragraphs or subject/verb agreement (ex: “have anyone use a service like it”) then you will get very little to nothing out of it and will be wasting your time and money.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    online counseling is another way of disconnecting with people. I've seen people do online counseling before, watching them talk to the counselor while playing games and in one case his taxes. Like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I am not a English major so Sue you have a great point I had not thought of that

I been seeing a counselor now for almost two years once a week. My counselor and I have gotten a personal face to face bond. I'm sorry but talking to someone on the phone where I can see body language or facial expressions just would be the same.