Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sudden ideas and a disturbing feeling

Dp Just go in don't worry about who's around, have fun with it. Go to a thrift store or if that doesn't work there is always ebay look at items that sale in lots(more than 1 item) but know your size first so you don't end up with things you can't wear!!
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

to borrow a line from the 40's "The only thing you have to Fear is Fear itself". Hope I got that right.
    It really does get easier because no one else really cares who's looking at what.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think you're getting some bad advice here. If u think u r being watched and it makes u nervous, you're probably rite! U can get used to that or change your shopping methods as I have!

In high priced, dept. stores, and malls, they often have sales people hovering over u. Plus, they may have high class clientele. Or, folks that think they r anyway!

I have found when shopping in large discount stores and thrifts, (I always shop in drab), SA's and other shoppers tend to completely ignore me. Even tho I spend all my time in the women's sections. Also, I shop a lot online. Cheap prices, huge selection and complete anonymity! Get used to being nervous or go to places where u won't be. It's all up to u!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I know it is tough and who knows maybe you are being watched. I feel the same too, and worry about what people might say, but know one ever has, in fact most SA are very helpful once they figure out what is going on. It gets better
    Last edited by BrendaPDX; 06-07-2018 at 07:07 AM.

Silver Member
    I disagree with Jamienoir. Carry whatever openly. You have a right to buy whatever the store is selling. I have MANY ladies outer clothes and tons of lingerie, makeup and jewelry. I bought everything, except shoes (large size needed) in drab, and never had a problem. A forum sister mentor once told me,"Just own it." You can do it, too!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I think you're getting some bad advice here. If u think u r being watched and it makes u nervous, you're probably rite! U can get used to that or change your shopping methods as I have!
    Could you tell me more about those shopping methods you mention?

I have only started shopping in public stores as of this year. Prior to that I was an on line shopper only. I can say that it gets easier the more you do it. Weather I go by myself or with my wife the answer is the same. Walk in as if you own it! I have found the more nervous you are the more you stick out. Keep calm and enjoy your time there.

Mandy

Sure you are being watched, Only to see if you are stealing anything. You are not. So what. They are not going to announce over the intercome...Shopers beware. We have a cross dresser in our store. They are not going to come out and grasp you and parade you around. They are not going to come out and tell you to buy the red dress and not the blue one you are holding. They are not going to do anything and care even less. Go in and look at what interests you, try it on to see if it fits and then go up the the casher and proudly pay for it.

As everyone else has said, own it. Walk in, browse, get what you want, and check out. I normally will use the self-checkouts when available which eliminates some of the potential interactions with staff. That said, I've checked out with a SP and had no issues. If I'm going to do that I try to add the fem stuff in with all the other household goods on the list. Nobody has ever raised an eyebrow. Online shopping is also extremely handy, either home-delivered or ship-to-store. I've used both with success.
    -Cheryllynn

I regularly browse and shop in the lingerie sections of stores. As everyone has said you just have to be confidant and act perfectly normal. If you look as if you are trying to hide something then it's almost certain that you will draw attention to yourself.

Years ago I used to pretend I was buying for a wife or girlfriend but these days I do as any other woman would do and often hold things up against me to see how they look. Most people are so wrapped up in their own lives that they don't have time to notice the guy over there browsing through the women's clothes.
    Sasha