Thread: Is this progress?

Is this progress?

I asked my wife to buy me some tights this morning. She said she couldn't see any in the shop but she went and got a pair of hers and, unasked, some panties as well. I told her I'd be wearing them. She had no problem with this.

Joyce,

Progress? Err yes I'd say so......

One question however. How does your wife feel about you having your own panties and clothing items in general. It's one thing for an SO to be comfortable with, "He likes to wear MY clothes" especially underwear but possibly different if he wears his own femme clothes.

Sounds to me as if the time has come to sit down with your wife and have a serious talk about your wearing. As Helen has said the difference between you wearing her underwear and buying for yourself might be something you need to clarify in your relationship.
    Sasha

My wife prefers I have my own things, especially underwear. I can't see why any SO or GG would want to share their things with anyone, husband or not. I do have one or two pairs of panties my wife gave me. But she didn't like them, never wore them, and she definitely didn't want them back.
    Joyce, I see your wife's actions as progress, but take that as a baby step. I'm sure you will.

Progress? It certainly sounds good but it's hard to say. What were things like before this? We need a little more background information.
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 06-01-2018 at 07:31 AM.

..... and the problem here is, what exactly. Be thankful for all small gifts.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

It does appear to be progress?

In which direction may be the Question though, and is it the direction chosen by you?

I choose and buy my own items but would love my non-SO to gift them to me " My choice ". Then there's an Ex of mine which gave me her things to put on " Her choice ", and that wasn't really about "Me" CDing for "Me".

If it is working for both of you It's Progress and I hope it leads to better things.

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

If there was no talk of you wearing tights and panties yesterday and today your wife knows you are, that is progress. But, you're going to want your own panties.

Yes, this is definitely progress, but now, get your own things. It’s the next stage and fun. 👗

Banned Read only
    Based on a prior post of last October 2017 this may or may not be progress. Your wife is not quite on board with crossdressing in general, but, seems to tolerate it to some extent. She may be just throwing you a bone to placate you in the short term, but, not change her attitude in the long term. Giving you or allowing you to wear some of her tights and panties may be just her way of not starting another negative conversation that goes nowhere. What would happen if you bought your own panties and tights? Would that create discord between you and her? There may also be a little subtle difference between panties and the entire deal of head to toe dressing. Some wives may write off the wearing of basic bland panties and tights as a sexual fetish, and, not an issue of cross dressing to the extent of emulating a woman.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    R u afraid to buy your own tites? Maybe your wife's progressed more than u?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    I guess its progress. Have you ever asked her what she thinks about this?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

hello,
    that sounds like progress. soon she will be asking to borrow your tights!
    luv J

Yes it is, just don't comment on it and accept it.

If you are pushing boundaries, stop or slow down if an unfavourable comment is made.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I would call it progress forsure, my wife doesn't like to share her personal items. We both have our sexy panties and our everyday ones that are more comfortable, after borrowing a pair of my everyday ones she has been buying the same ones as mine. Now we have a separate drawer that only has those ones that we share.
    Every little thing is progress, her just making space is progress and for yourself you asked for leggings and ended up with bonus panties.

Without more context, it is impossible for us to say if this is progress. It's certainly not a bad sign, and is probably indeed a step in the right direction, but what other steps have come before? What steps do you hope will follow?
    As several have suggested, it's probably time that you figured this out and shared it with your SO so that two of you can work things out.

Silver Member
    Who is in control of your life? It sounds like she is and you're OK with it. As others have said, it's fine if that's what works for you. But in my book, its your life, and while she, as your wife, gets input, YOU should have the final word on how you live it.

This aspect of control, I do not find any reason to that line of thinking. My thought when reading about her offering, how nice - she probably knows that Joyce needs panties to go with the tights. Anyway, only Joyce can fill out the blanks. To me it was nice gesture from the wife, progress or no progress - hard to know due to lack of knowledge of any prior behavior.
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    My wife prefers I have my own things, especially underwear. I can't see why any SO or GG would want to share their things with anyone, husband or not.
    Oh, I dont know about that. GG's who are close friends or relatives share things with each other all the time, at least all the ones that I know, have. From formal gowns to underwear (as long as it's clean). In fact, it always seemed that women were more likely to do it than men are. Back when I was in my twenties and was dating women sharing living space, most of them had something of each other's in each other's closets. My GF often had to go search for particular items when she was getting dressed; she only got annoyed if something had been worn and not washed.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I hope this doesn't close the thread! I have waited to reply because I wanted to give people time to comment. I'm trying to take things with my wife slowly as I fear pushing too hard will close down any opening up.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'll keep you posted on developments.