Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let’s hear your origin story!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Let’s hear your origin story!

I love this community and the most interesting aspect of it to me is that we all come from different walks of life, dress for somewhat different reasons and some ladies dress from head to toe while others are happy in one specific piece of clothing. It makes me wonder how old were you when you started to dress and what was your first experience?!? I’ll start, when I was around 5-6 years old my sister was in ballet class and I was so envious of her outfit for some reason. One day I just HAD to try it on. I recall feeling so happy in a black leotard and pink tights! What about you?

*Apologies for the grammatical error in the title...Darn auto correct
    Last edited by Juliana817; 06-06-2018 at 10:17 AM.

I was about 10 or 11. I had no sisters to influence me so I'm not sure where the urge came from. All I know is that I was looking through the lingerie sections of the Sears and JC Penney catalogs (that's about as racy as it got in my parents house) and after a while I realized I was just as fascinated with what the models were wearing as I was with the models themselves. It just grew from there.

Banned Read only
    I was around age 10 when I noticed a girl in my class was starting to wear a bra, something deep inside me said "I should be wearing one of those"...

I have told mine before so here we go again!
    Preschool age, I believe, I was playing with a little girl and she kept throwing her dress over her head! I liked that and wanted a dress so i could do that! No dress!
    Teen years in mom's clothes, just bra, girdle and stockings and oh, yes full slip!
    Stopped and then before marrying asked if I could wear women's clothes and she said there would only be one woman in this relationship! I sneaked panties about 2-4 times!
    Turned 65 and wife passed away! 3 months later, emergency run to K Mart for panties! It has grown from there as I learned what this is all about, more or less! No guilt and no shame! Just me! Now going out dressed and have been to Keystone 2017! It is all good!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Same as many here. I was 8 or 9 found my mothers bra in a rag bin, took it, wore it, loved it. Been hooked ever since.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

My mom expected a girl and didn't really know what to do when a boy popped out. By age 2-1/2, she would play with me by putting lipstick, nail polish and clip earrings on me from time to time. I started getting into her drawers and closets soon after when I had time alone in the house. Her girdles and stockings were my first and main weakness, but I probably tried on everything she owned at one time or another. I never admitted to her I was doing this but believe she had to know all about it. Unfortunately, by the time I could really appreciate her clothes, they were almost all too small for me. When I was 12, mom took me downtown to a big department store to buy me my first pair of grown-up high heels. I was wearing pantyhose, red nails and lips, and gold pierced earrings by this time. Must have been quite the story among the SAs for a few days. Mom lost interest as I matured but I never quit dressing up when out of her sight, often late at night in the basement where she had stashed a collection of too-large clothes she received from a great aunt.

- Diane

Platinum Member
    seems like ancient history now. I have vague recollections, really emotional memories, of being "different" and at the same time being convinced that different was not acceptable, even though I couldn't have told you what "different" was. By the time I was maybe 5, I know I'd tried on some of my older sister's things...which were of course too big at the time, and also knew that I shouldn't get caught doing so. Seems there was a lull or a period of early denial, where I immersed myself in being a little boy. Then puberty came and sexuality reared its head. Somehow, awareness of sexuality and gender variance seemed to emerge together....which lead to much more confusion than the early childhood episodes. from there after, my path has pretty much paralleled the usual course.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    I was about 5 I found one of mom's bras, put it on I must have liked it. The only time I was caught I about 8, I was wearing my sister's underwear. Things just progressed form there.
    Sara

At age 11 or 12, I can't say why, but I had the urge to try on an outfit of my mothers. Nylons, skirt, silky blouse. I just felt so good. I'd say I was hooked then and progressed from there. Same as many here, I would always be looking at the Sears catalog; not at the models but at what they were wearing; imagining myself looking like that. Like many I've had long periods of no dressing and purging. I seem to be more "into it" now than ever before. I have more of a desire to do it and a gnawing desire to go out. That I haven't done yet.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I dabbled with underwear, swimsuits and the like from an early age, maybe 5, 6ish. When I was 15 I put on a dress for the first time and had a real 'wow' moment. Since that day I've only ever wanted to fully dress.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I was about 8 when I tried on one of my mother's silk blouses. It fit me like a dress and I was hooked. I soon progressed to her satin wedding dress.
    Hugs, Carole

I don't know how old I was when I first tried on one of my mom's panties, but I was old enough to be left home alone without a babysitter.

My younger brother was in a peewee hockey league, and my parents would take him to the game and stayed while he played. It was a very reliable hour and a half.

Once, they went to a game and came right back. The ice making machinery had broken and they couldn't play. Fortunately, I had been engrossed in a movie and hadn't started to put on any lingerie.

The first time I put on my mom's panties, I barely got them around my ankles before I got quite aroused. I would get to do this every week during hockey season.

My mom's panties were all folded and very organized, so I made a map of where everything came from so I could put it all back correctly. I quickly progressed from panties to girdles and bras. I was watching an old movie where Lauren Bacall pulled up her stocking and fastened them to her girdle. The next time I had an opportunity, I tried on mom's stockings.

Eventually, I tired on her lipstick, and then her earrings and other jewelry.

Once, my mom's lingerie draw was all messed up. I thought it might be a trap, and I knew that I would never would be able to but her lingerie back undetected. This gave me the incentive to look around the house to find something else to wear. It turned out that my mom had put a lot of her old clothes and jewelry away downstairs. Among the clothes down there was a heavily beaded formal gown that I loved to try on. I was never zipped it up all the way, because I was afraid I would not be able to get out of it by myself.

Boy, these are some wonderful memories.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Long ago, I slipped into my first pair of panties. They were purple with tiny white stars. The panties were a bikini cut made of soft cotton with a tiny lace trim along the waist. I felt excited and nervous as if I was doing something deliciously forbidden. My head was spinning. Around the same time, I paired the panties with a demi bra. It was lightly lined for a subtle lift and had underwire cups. It was probably made of nylon and spandex. I distinctly recall it was coconut white. The feeling was sublime!

At some point during a hot summer evening of my (very) early teen life, when my parents were away, I did something really bold. I wore a complete feminine outfit while bike riding around in my neighbourhood. I had on a cap, bra, panties, denim short shorts, a thin t-shirt, and a flannel button up shirt tied about my waist. On my feet were sneakers. I walked into a convenience store and I purchased candy or a magazine; I forgot which exactly. But I do recall my heart was thundering the whole time!!

I was about 9 or 10, I saw my mom's black lace bra...she left it draped over a towel rack in her bathroom and I slipped it on without even thinking and I was enthralled. I even put tennis balls in the cups LOL...my mom, as much as she'd hate it, was my introduction to crossdressing lol

My first experience with crossdressing was before I could even remember. My mother and sister dressed me up in baby girl clothes when I went to see the doctor. I must have been less than a year old, so obviously I don't remember. I wonder if this was the spark that lite the fire. As for as my first time that I remember, I was 4 or 5 years old. My mother was down stairs ironing and watching her soap opera's . I put on bra girdle and nylons. It was the thing to do I loved it. I got caught up in the thrill of the silky material, that I didn't hear my mother coming up the stairs. I ran as fast as I could and hid in the closet. It was the first place my mother looked for me. I felt so embraced. My mother never said a thing after the fact. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Banned Read only
    I was really young, but, cannot remember the exact age. My mother use to hang laundry to dry in the hallway on the way to the bedrooms in our apartment. I had to either dodge the hanging clothes or wade through the clothes. I discovered the unique feeling on brushing against her nylon slips on the clothesline. I loved the feeling of the fabric. It was like none of the boy clothes I wore. I would fondle the fabric. There was also a drying rack hanging from the bathroom ceiling over the bath tub. She also hanged her clothes from that rack including those nylon slips. I know I was really young because I remember I had to stand on the edge of the bath tub to undo the clothes pins to get the slips down. I finally had worked up the nerve to take them down and try them on. Later I delved into her nylon floor length nightgowns. Then it was her lingerie drawers with nylons, girdles, panties and bras. Until I grew out of he size I loved one of her summer dresses with a big sweeping skirt. I'm pretty sure my mother had an inkling someone was rustling through her lingerie drawers because someone (me) snapped a bra strap on her only black bra. Those were the days of fabrics that did not stretch.

Two origins

I have actually two: in my twenties, being married and father of three children, as a joke one day I wear all day my wife's thong. When I went to my dresser for underwear it was empty and in a chovinist act I punished my wife wearing all they long one of hwe thongs.
    Something happened that day that hooks me and make up and explanation to keep using them, later we would go together with wife to buy panties for and me. Even some friends would know that I don't wear males underwear but women's.
    Later the evolution to in my 40s fully dress was slowly.
    The other origin that I didn't know up to when I began therapy to find out the cause the therapist makes question from my childhood and start remember the fascination I experienced when sleeping with mom I could touch her silk Camille, then during the day I could sneak in her high stockings, bra. There was nothing sexual on it because I was around 6 or 7. In the same time I was dressed as a mime with some leggings and a wig that my mom made with whool for a performance at school.
    Later on my teens years I used to play with 6 years older sister but all this was almost erased from my mind for religious feelings of guilty and shame.
    Even in elementary school years I had memories of some homosexual feeling that I didn't identified in those years but now I know I have so e classmates that were very special for me because I find them handsome.
    Those are my two origins...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I played Mothers and Fathers with the girls next door, I was four and liked to ride in the pram.

They dressed me up in baby clothes and took me down to the shops.

As I grew older I would go to their place for sleepovers, they even supplied a nightie or pajamas for me.

One weekend we went out visiting together as three girls.

No one seemed to notice.

Great fun all round.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well, I've ALWAYS known that I should have been born a girl - but also knew I wasn't. So the conflict has been with me all my life.

My first actual dressing episodes?
    Well, I remember that when I was around 5 or 6 if I slept over at my grandparents' house, my grandmother would dig out one of her house dresses an let me use it as a PJ's. Needless to say, I found excuses to stay over whenever I could (we lived across the street, so it wasn't hard).

Then there was the Halloween that I got to dress up in my sister's clothes and go as a girl. Again I loved it. I was a bit older then, but not by that much.

I also would 'borrow' a skirt or dress from my sister an put it on in bed and sleep in it. I got caught with her stuff under my pillow and got in trouble, so that put an end to that!

There are a bunch of other stories, but these are the earliest ones.

When I was little, I was the mascot for my big sisters Girl Scout troop. But I didn't really get into the clothes until I was around six, or so. Big sister left a white nylon slip hanging on the back of the bathroom door. nothing fancy just a plain white slip. For me, it might as well have been a fancy party dress, it felt wonderful, Couldn't say what made me try it on, but I did, and my life was for ever changed. Once I locked the door to take a bath, which was allowed because of so many people with one bath, people where always walking in on you. So locked behind closed doors, what ever was left in the bathroom was mine to play with, until someone started beating on the door, saying how long you going to be. From there, as I grew older, and could stay home alone, I took every opportunity to raid my sisters closet. She was in a organization, That required many formal dresses for all there special occasions, and the hoop skirts, slips and heels a little boy could ask for. She also had fashion dolls from around the world, that only came out of the closet and there boxes, when I was home alone. I was the only one that played with them, Sis just collected them. After she left home to marry, there was nothing left but my mothers things, not as much fun, but got me through the rest of my formative years. Thanks for reminding me, it was great memories, from a great childhood. And as scary and confusing as it all was, I'm happy I turned out as I did.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

When I was in middle school we had this brown full length dress in the front closet next to the vacuum. It was styled like something from the 1800s but was definitely made more recent (probably for a play, but never wanted to ask about its origin). This dress was kind of ugly, but it was so nice to touch. Seeing this dress a couple times a week when I did my chores, I eventually wanted to see how it felt to wear it since it felt so nice. I loved doing my chores in it. Since the chest was flat (it was made simply), eventually I couldn't fit my fake boobs under it. Then eventually I grew enough that I tore part of the seam where the bodice met the skirt and I had to stop wearing it. I will always miss that ugly dress

I remember trying on my mothers tights when I was 10 or 11 and was instantly hooked. I did not go beyond that for a long time due to fear and paranoia. I'm a runner so when running tights came onto the market I was in heaven and have been running and working out in them for years. Finally when I was about 55 (better late than never) I started dressing more fully. I remember buying some cheap makeup at the drugstore and putting it on. I must have looked awful lol. Nonetheless I kept on going. Had a few makeovers and learned the techniques. I'm 64 now and still hold up pretty well.

Banned Read only
    Juliana,
    I gave up on that one , I told my whole story in the TS section after telling it in this section , after all this time I was looking for someone that may relate to mine , and all I got for my trouble was being slammed for mentioning AGP . I had to go away from th forum to find my answers so now I don 't bother , I know what makes me tick I'm over it and now just enjoying my dressing , no guilt or shame .

I think I was 5 or six. Didn’t have a sister. Our next door neighbor had two daughters,who liked to play “dress up”. One day, they asked me if I’d like to join them. At first, I said “no”, but something inside me (pink fog?) said OK. The instant I put nylons on, I was hooked. The rest followed.

Platinum Member
    Hi Juliana , At around 4years old clomping in Mom's heels. >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!